Members Rides Post Pictures of your car here. No Maxima? No problem.

Well, it's still a Nissan...

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2011, 08:02 PM

Smile Well, it's still a Nissan...

I Just recently sold my 2k Max a few months ago in July.

However back in November of last year I came across a 1999 Infiniti Q45 near Tampa. Not sure whether it will stay as it is (possibly a few mods..?) or not, but regardless I figured it was about time to put up a few pics of it.

This picture was from Day 1 after the car was purchased. Rear quarter panel damage/rusting, most of chrome trim around car was missing. Paint on both front and rear bumpers were in bad shape.

And the rest are after body damaged was fixed, fresh paint was applied along with new chrome body trim all around and different sized tires.

Excuse picture quality as I'm pretty sure they were almost all from my phone...
Feedback or ideas anyone?

Last edited by dnozzle2789; 09-26-2011 at 11:23 AM.
Old 09-17-2011, 08:11 PM

So sick. I want a Y33

Mine would have different wheels on it, but those curves are timeless...
Old 09-17-2011, 08:22 PM

Looks good, is it already lowered?

I think some sort of OEM Nissan/Infiniti 19's would look good.
Old 09-17-2011, 08:28 PM

slam, tuck, stretch and poke. The perfect car for it. Nice ride.
Old 09-17-2011, 08:28 PM

Originally Posted by MAXXED_816
Looks good, is it already lowered?

I think some sort of OEM Nissan/Infiniti 19's would look good.
Thanks and yes it is lowered on teins.
And I completely agree that some oem infiniti or nissan 19's would do the trick, especially the Rays g35 coupe wheels. But tires for 19's are just $. Too much for me. Thinking about BBS-LM though
Old 09-18-2011, 08:33 AM

Love it man, but I think the rims on now work well
Old 09-18-2011, 11:53 AM

Look great the way it is.
Old 09-18-2011, 01:46 PM

looks great bro keep us posted on the changes
Old 09-21-2011, 03:34 PM

Really good looking car, I like it
Old 09-25-2011, 07:27 AM

thank you all
Old 09-25-2011, 07:44 AM
Turbo 3.5

nice car, how is the power compared to the maxima
Old 09-25-2011, 08:21 AM

Always loved Y33's.. Nice pickup. PLan on doing any VIPizzle?
Old 09-26-2011, 11:03 AM

Originally Posted by t6378tp
nice car, how is the power compared to the maxima
well let me say first that I always loved the vq30. It was rock solid and the maxima's ( i've owned a 99 and a 2000) were always quick in my eyes, great midrange. and when it comes to low end grunt, i think id rather have an LS400, but once this car gets moving, its pretty decent. Compared to the maxima it is most definitely faster. Gas mileage is pretty crappy when you get on it. But it's more fun with a lot more grunt in all ranges. 40 pulls are pretty beast for such a heavy and old car. I.E - hung with an automatic mustang gt from 80ish to 125ish.. good enough for me. especially for a daily driver.
Old 09-26-2011, 11:12 AM

Originally Posted by wirelessdude04
Always loved Y33's.. Nice pickup. PLan on doing any VIPizzle?
Camber was set (and stuck) at -3.1 when I bought it (due to the tein springs)
searched long and hard to come to realize that I could use suspension parts and components from almost all 240's.

Had to correct camber due to the fact that it is a daily driver (for now) and burning through tires isn't going to help me at all. So right now, no "VIP" plans but I am looking at getting a different set of wheels, not to sure right now though. Right now I seem to be more in the mindset (especially for this car) that less is more. Keepin' it simple. I think it sticks out more that way. It's a y33 that hasn't quite followed the trend to "spec" per say.

Infact im in Panama City Beach right now, and last night some guy staying next to me asked what kind of Lincoln my car was. I laughed and said it was an older crown victoria. (telling him the truth a minute later though)
I get that kind of question everywhere though. funny
Old 09-27-2011, 01:13 PM

My buddy used to own one. A very pimp car, but expensive mods. Yours is very clean.
Old 09-27-2011, 04:57 PM

Very nice man, digging the color
Old 10-22-2011, 12:15 AM

keep us updated on the changes please
Old 08-20-2012, 05:13 PM

Arrow revived!

Well its been a while.Updated.

Told myself I didnt want coilovers....

They lowered the car a good amount in comparison with the old tein springs. The ride quality drastically improved.

Before:

After:

Also decided to get some better looking wheels, better fitting too.

And I test fitted the front yesterday after I played with some spacers (clearance issues)

Wheels are not on yet and wont be until i make some more changes.

I realized after test fitting these wheels, that I had made the wrong choice with the length of the coilovers. that will change soon enough though.

thats all for now.
Old 08-20-2012, 05:28 PM
Just the tip.

It was just a matter of time...
Old 08-20-2012, 05:33 PM

outside influences...
Old 08-20-2012, 06:00 PM

Nice, got the new BC's with the spindles. Maxed out your coils? If you go with shorter dampers, I'd also suggest going with Swift springs as well, they made a hell of a difference on my car.
Old 08-20-2012, 06:24 PM

Originally Posted by joecurr
Nice, got the new BC's with the spindles. Maxed out your coils? If you go with shorter dampers, I'd also suggest going with Swift springs as well, they made a hell of a difference on my car.
Yeah went with 40mm shorter dampers. maxed em out and it's low..but not low enough to tuck atleast half of tire on 18's. hoping the addition of -4 to -5 degrees would solve that, but its looking like a no go. so im gonna try and get shorter dampers and the swifts are def something i have been considering and have heard nothing but praise about. not too terribly excited about upping the spring rate though :|
Old 08-21-2012, 10:59 AM

If you go with shorter dampers you'll need shorter springs as well, and Swift is definitely worth the extra $. I changed my springs from 6kg/7kg (F/R) BC springs to 9kg/10kg Swifts, and IMO my ride quality actually got better. Bumps and cracks in the road aren't as harsh anymore, I thought they'd get worse but there is definitely more to springs than just spring rate.
Old 08-21-2012, 11:18 AM

those wheels dont fit the car IMO, i would have got a different design and a bigger wheel
Old 08-21-2012, 01:27 PM

Originally Posted by phatboislim
those wheels dont fit the car IMO, i would have got a different design and a bigger wheel
I think it can work if he goes lower. I've seen a lot of sick pictures of Y33's with these types of wheels, but then again most of those were the newer vip style with aggressive and sporty body kits. I still think it can work though, hopefully these are just practice wheels lol.
Old 08-21-2012, 06:02 PM

I think it can work if he goes lower. I've seen a lot of sick pictures of Y33's with these types of wheels, but then again most of those were the newer vip style with aggressive and sporty body kits. I still think it can work though, hopefully these are just practice wheels lol.
the wheels are cheap and knockoffs, but as a daily driver (and i drive a F*** ton) i personally dont see the point in spending stupid amounts of money on wheels that are vulnerable and exposed to elements every single day. as you said, i was influenced by these wheels because i have seen it work (design wise). choosing 18's though, was me being stubborn and wanting to be different than all the other y33's out there. i only have about 2.3 inches of ground clearance from the cats now though, so going down another 1.5-2 inches - that height, while being my dd is going to be...interesting, to say the least..but it will allow me to tuck almost all tire.

the wheels are not "practice" wheels per say, but they are my first attempt at an aggressive fitment. (18x10.5 et 22offset with 10mm spacers all around). I love the fitment now and i havent even adjusted the camber past -1.6 yet.

as far as shorter dampers go and getting shorter springs to match...
as i put in the custom spec order with bc they will choose the spring length in accordance with strut length (i believe...?). I was going to go shorter springs (swift) immediately after i max'd them out and was unhappy..but soon felt that shorter damper was more efficient in long run.

and Phat, I have gotten mixed feelings from close friends. almost seems 50/50 lol. Im gonna see what I can do with them though
Old 08-21-2012, 06:10 PM

If you go with shorter dampers you'll need shorter springs as well, and Swift is definitely worth the extra $. I changed my springs from 6kg/7kg (F/R) BC springs to 9kg/10kg Swifts, and IMO my ride quality actually got better. Bumps and cracks in the road aren't as harsh anymore, I thought they'd get worse but there is definitely more to springs than just spring rate.

lol man my bc spring rates on the coils now are 14f/12r btw.
i dont want to go above 16f/14r for the next short damper..(looking at 80-100mm shorter btw)

i gotta say i enjoy the ride quality more than preset, when i turn the dampening down all the way towards "soft" haha.
Old 08-22-2012, 08:27 PM

Nice Q.

I wouldn't mind having one for my next car. Although at that point an M45 may a bit more feasible.
Old 08-24-2012, 10:16 AM

Originally Posted by dnozzle2789
the wheels are cheap and knockoffs, but as a daily driver (and i drive a F*** ton) i personally dont see the point in spending stupid amounts of money on wheels that are vulnerable and exposed to elements every single day. as you said, i was influenced by these wheels because i have seen it work (design wise). choosing 18's though, was me being stubborn and wanting to be different than all the other y33's out there. i only have about 2.3 inches of ground clearance from the cats now though, so going down another 1.5-2 inches - that height, while being my dd is going to be...interesting, to say the least..but it will allow me to tuck almost all tire.

the wheels are not "practice" wheels per say, but they are my first attempt at an aggressive fitment. (18x10.5 et 22offset with 10mm spacers all around). I love the fitment now and i havent even adjusted the camber past -1.6 yet.

as far as shorter dampers go and getting shorter springs to match...
as i put in the custom spec order with bc they will choose the spring length in accordance with strut length (i believe...?). I was going to go shorter springs (swift) immediately after i max'd them out and was unhappy..but soon felt that shorter damper was more efficient in long run.

and Phat, I have gotten mixed feelings from close friends. almost seems 50/50 lol. Im gonna see what I can do with them though
Oh yeah, don't get me wrong, I started off with XXR 521's because I was starting to get more into fitment. Then that got me wanting to try newer things which pushed me to buy the Eurolines. I know all about starting with knockoffs lol. If you really want to run 18's, there's a pretty good used wheel market where you can find even 2 or 3-piece wheels for a decent price, it's crazy how people go through wheels.

I wouldn't run shorter springs without shorter dampers, so good call on getting the dampers. Maybe it's worth asking them if they can do a Swift upgrade, BC Racing now has Swift spring upgrade on their website under replacement parts.

lol man my bc spring rates on the coils now are 14f/12r btw.
i dont want to go above 16f/14r for the next short damper..(looking at 80-100mm shorter btw)

i gotta say i enjoy the ride quality more than preset, when i turn the dampening down all the way towards "soft" haha.
Well, your car is heavier than mine, but I need even higher spring rates than I have now so I can run my damping at soft.

Originally Posted by Fstrsn
Nice Q.

I wouldn't mind having one for my next car. Although at that point an M45 may a bit more feasible.
Depends on how you look at it. I personally love this model, as well as the older M45. They just have that touch of class, before everything became sporty. BTW, are you on HIDplanet? Your sig looks familiar, I always remember seeing it because I used to drive a 2k Altima.
Old 08-26-2012, 05:14 PM

Depends on how you look at it. I personally love this model, as well as the older M45. They just have that touch of class, before everything became sporty. BTW, are you on HIDplanet? Your sig looks familiar, I always remember seeing it because I used to drive a 2k Altima.
Mmmmm, about a month ago my car got rear ended. I didn't know if it would be totaled and I started seriously looking at early 2000's M35/45's. Something about them just appeals to me. Of course I'd want the S lip kit/wheels with the AWD.

And yea, I'm on HIDP, same SN there and same sig too. Any pics of your old 2g Alty?
Old 08-27-2012, 09:38 AM

nice, i've been considering one of these but gas would kill me :/ like the wheels
Old 08-27-2012, 05:48 PM

Originally Posted by Fstrsn
Mmmmm, about a month ago my car got rear ended. I didn't know if it would be totaled and I started seriously looking at early 2000's M35/45's. Something about them just appeals to me. Of course I'd want the S lip kit/wheels with the AWD.

And yea, I'm on HIDP, same SN there and same sig too. Any pics of your old 2g Alty?
I love those M's, they have that boxy luxury look. Here's a link to my Altima, http://www.cardomain.com/ride/423256...-altima/page-7. You may or may not recognize the body kit and it's color because I purchased it from another member from NissanClub who has/had one of the nicest looking 2nd gen Altimas around. I had the body kit for probably 2 weeks before it was totaled. I had it on the car because it was the only way to transport it during college so I could try to do some prep work.
Old 08-30-2012, 03:11 PM

eh

Originally Posted by MaxiNone
nice, i've been considering one of these but gas would kill me :/ like the wheels
EHH, gas isnt all that bad..i average 18-20mpg regularly. BUt that ofcourse is when i drive with a whole tank like a grandma on downers.
Old 10-09-2012, 03:32 PM

little update

well since last posting, I've had to deal with the drop (being maxd out) for now and have been waiting on the new set of bc's to arrive. Had to chat with BC racing R&D and sales to get a figure on how low they could actually make these things. Pretty excited for the new ones to arrive and have recently learned that I might have to do a swift spring upgrade on them regardless...we shall see what the situation calls for.

But in the mean time I've been riding around after rolling fenders in rear with a friend. just some shots from recently

as far as the wheels go...eh, they've exceedingly...grown on me.
Old 10-28-2012, 10:50 PM

Talking Time for an update!

Well, as previously posted, I was on the hunt for some different BC coilovers that would absolutely slam the car. The new set came in a couple of days ago and far exceeded my expectations

after the install

and some from a local meet at stone mountain, ga

Scrubbing and scraping are understatements now as my cats and resonators have been taking an absolute beating now for 2-3 days.
Old 10-29-2012, 03:46 PM

Looks great now! Wheels have the perfect sizing for that car. Fix that rear caster and it'll look even better. Might be time to look into cup kits lol.
Old 10-29-2012, 04:04 PM

Old 10-29-2012, 04:18 PM

Smile

Looks great now! Wheels have the perfect sizing for that car. Fix that rear caster and it'll look even better. Might be time to look into cup kits lol.
ironic as cups are exactly what I was looking into doing later down the road . Crazy thing is that these coils aren't even maxd out yet.. and the amount of drop i still have left is impossible due to ground clearance. the cats are stupid close to ground as it is, and I mean sparks flying from underneath chasis while rolling on some uneven hwy .

caster? did you mean camber?

19's in the future as well, MAYBE.

but for now the rear will need another 10-15mm spaced. the camber it has currently took away my poke

but for now ground clearance is close to = NO.

Last edited by dnozzle2789; 10-29-2012 at 04:21 PM.
Old 10-29-2012, 06:02 PM

ironic as cups are exactly what I was looking into doing later down the road . Crazy thing is that these coils aren't even maxd out yet.. and the amount of drop i still have left is impossible due to ground clearance. the cats are stupid close to ground as it is, and I mean sparks flying from underneath chasis while rolling on some uneven hwy .

caster? did you mean camber?

19's in the future as well, MAYBE.

but for now the rear will need another 10-15mm spaced. the camber it has currently took away my poke

but for now ground clearance is close to = NO.

The extreme drop BC's are great for getting low. I honestly think my own wheels are too big, but to run 19's with a proper stance I'd have to go even lower. I'm already uncomfortable with how close my subframe is to the ground, which sucks because the rest of the car isn't even that close. Your car looks good with that sizing, especially since you don't have a body kit, but 19's will give you a little bit of under car clearance.

I don't know if caster is the correct terminology, but it looks like the rear wheels aren't centered in the wheel well, like they're a little bit towards the front. More than likely from how much you lowered it. Just nitpicking, but otherwise it's a good look.
Old 10-29-2012, 06:35 PM

just did the alignment caster in rear is a-okay. What youre noticing is something I noticed a while back on the car that inspired me to go 18's in first place. Im pretty sure it's just the way the body is unfortunately

Quick Reply: Well, it's still a Nissan...