Hi! i thought i might share my project . In late november last year i got a tip about the car from an elderly couple who had the car since new, it had been sitting in the garage since 2003 or 2004 with a blown head gasket and they didnt have the time or effort to fix the car, but they felt it was wrong to just junk it. So i said i would gladly take the car since its probaly the only one in norway since this is the us model , the couple bought it new in the states and brought it over here.
Once i got it home and in the garage i pulled the head off and quickly found that the cylinder wall in cylinder no.3 was very badly corroded . So i had to either bore the block or find a replacement . In january i found a replcement engine from a C31 laurel this was a carburetted engine , but i was just going to use the block so it didnt matter.
I have just one pic from before i picked up , this was the state of the engine when i first saw it. Partly dissasembeled with all the parts in the trunk.
Luckily for me they had bought a lot of new parts over the years . A lot of new sensors and bearings and such all OEM parts .
some pictures of the car when i got it in november
after i pulled the head off and cleaned the cylinders, enigne bay still a mess ..
When i got the used engine i bought i started pulling it apart , it had been sitting for many years, but inside a barn luckily.
The engine was stripped down to the block and then the block and oil pan were painted.
i sanded down and polished the valve cover and the cylinder head
has been refurbished.
The valve cover is just loose on top to protect the camshaft and such , as the chain was not installed at this point.
This is the car right before a quick hose down.
In the workshop , hood removed for easy access during swap. Still needs a good polish and detail .
Changed the shifter boot as it just arrived in the mail.
Engine close to ready for the swap. New plugs , wires etc still needs the alternator and oilfilter elbow from the engine in the car.
As you can see the car needs a good clean up and detail , outside and inside. Other than that its a complete car and it does not have too much rust.
forgot to take pictures of the swap , but here are some pictures from after the engine was in and the first start up . Its alive
and that L6 purrs like a kitten , well alomst , some fine tuning and adjustments to the timing has to be done ,but all in all its good. Temp gauge is not working , but it probably a loose connection somewhere.
Next up is a good interior clean and polish.
I will keep updatig the thread as i progress . Thanks for looking