New Member Introductions New to Maxima.org? Drop in and tell us about you, your ride and location. This is your chance to introduce yourself to the forum!

95 flip project

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2016, 12:44 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

95 flip project

I'm repairing and flipping a 95 max that I picked up with 255k on the odo and a decent little list of minor issues. Bashed RF fender and corner light, bent RF tie rod, dead RF strut, intermittent speakers, oil leak, coolant leak, timing chain rattle, several stationary power windows, broken rear spoiler, dead hood lift struts, and a driver's door that doesn't always unlock properly. That's all I can think of right now. I i've taken care of the stereo, windows, tie rod and I have a new issue. The battery died after it was parked for a month. When I nursed the battery back to life and connected ouit to the car again, the alarm sounded and I could not stop it, nor could I start the engine. Thoughts?

Last edited by brianedearden@gmail.com; 05-16-2017 at 02:05 PM. Reason: Wrong odo.
Old 11-27-2016, 11:18 PM

Sounds like mine, ha. Got it with bad timing chain noise, broken idler pulley, missing key fob, oil leaks, bad evap system, bad hood struts, no radio, no speakers. Clean though.

Anyway, my battery died while it sat too. I put a new battery in it and the alarm went off endlessly. Go to the driver's door and unlock it with your key while the alarm's going off. That stopped the alarm for me. I didn't attempt to start the engine while alarm was going off, I just freaked and pulled the cable. I had no idea it had an alarm. Scared the crap out of me that morning.
Old 05-16-2017, 02:05 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Hood struts replaced. Alarm was sounding when I connected the battery b/c I had the driver door window control switches disconnected. Some time has passed. Now, the RR window and lock act like they're disconnected. Also, what's the easiest way to remove the rear deck speaker grills without damaging them?