New Member Introductions New to Maxima.org? Drop in and tell us about you, your ride and location. This is your chance to introduce yourself to the forum!

New member from TN

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2019, 06:08 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

New member from TN

Longtime VQ fan, new owner. I've played with most of the G's, 350's and 370's. I was strictly Mopar for years (Ram, Charger, Challenger), then I went back to my 1st brand in 2015 (Ford). I grabbed a Mustang GT to play with, but the thought of something VQ powered never left me. Fast forward...to now....a guy sold me his 2005 SE for $600. It needed bank 2 cat, up stream bank 2 sensor, and a timing chain tensioner & guide. Everything else on the car....solid. I replaced all 3 cats and both upstream sensors. I bought all parts to replace the tensioner and guide (haven't tackled the install yet). I also grabbed a CAI and lowering springs (the front end was UNGODLY tall), and I painted the engine covers (I will be doing the bay as well). I scored a set of 18's for $50 that I refinished and painted gloss black (I'm waiting on my tires). I have a DNA exhaust that's going on too. All in all, I don't have $2500 in this car, but it runs strong, rides well and looks nice (IMO). I'll try to post some pics periodically.

Brought it home & pulled the lights and grille for upgrade

Insides painted and HID upgrade started

HID everything inside and resealed

Back on car and working. Grille installed as well.

Tails tinted and back on

Tinted the corner lights too

Engine covers painted and CAI installed. Bay gets painted soon.

$50....rashed pretty good, but i can fix that.

Wheels refinished and primed.

4 coats of gloss black applied, then 3 coats of clear. This was before cut and polish.

This is my next add on. Its for Gen 6.5, but i can trim it to fit right on my Gen 6.

2 of my babies. This is after installing the lowering springs (front only). I have the rears too, but not sure if I'll use them. The rear already sits low.