Nitrous Discuss dry, wet, and direct port nitrous setups. How many shots can you handle?

Nitrous Kit

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2006, 02:25 PM

Nitrous Kit

Hello, I have a 98 Maxima 5spd. Its basically stock other then my injen cai and budget y-pipe. I am interested in the ZEX kit that Customenterprise is selling for 509. What im wondering has anyone used this kit and what did you think of it. How did it perform? What is the jetting on the ZEX kit? It doesnt say on the site. From what i can read, i should invest in a window switch just in case. I have the 5th gen clutch setup so with a 50-60 shot will i be fine? How long can i safely spray for? I thought i remember reading somewhere that i cant run for longer then 10 seconds continusly? Is that true? Also have any of you mounted your bottle in your spare tire well?

Thanks
Chris
Old 09-03-2006, 03:37 PM

These are too many questions to answer, but i know you can find it all over the nitrous forum. The zex kit perfroms really well.. and i suggest you get the wet kit because its safer, and you wouldnt need to upgrade ur fuel pump..
Old 09-03-2006, 09:43 PM

alright, i tried looking and i did find answers to most of my questions but some still remained unanswered or werent fully answered to my satisfaction. Is the wet kit better? from the diagrams i saw int he FAQ the dry kit looked much simpiler to install.
Old 09-04-2006, 08:45 AM
NAS

wet kits are really not any harder to install just takes slightly more time, you can still get the NX wet kit from NOPI see the sticky at the top of the nitrous forum, I got it shipped to my door for $433
I believe that you should not spray for longer than 20 sec wich is more than you need for "racing" or fun for that matter.
You dont have to have a window switch its a safety concern but if you pay attention you dont need it.
You change jet sizes yourself, thats the same with any kit, comes with instructions.
Most use NX but some use the ZEX havnt heard of problems.
Old 09-14-2006, 09:28 PM

so a 50shot would be totally fine to install on a stock engine?
Old 09-15-2006, 04:50 AM
DONE

yes it would
Old 09-17-2006, 07:44 PM

Originally Posted by 96blkonblkse
so a 50shot would be totally fine to install on a stock engine?
Perfectly fine man. Honestly, the Zex wet kit is a fool proof system. It is fairly easy to install, and does not have any issues at all.

You can spray for up to 20 seconds.

Pass on the window switch too......
Old 09-19-2006, 09:17 PM

you can spray NOS for 20 seconds??? Wouldn't you blow the engine very fast? I used to spray it for like 5 seconds on my old car but it had a fully rebuilt large v6 engine. I got a dry system btw.
Old 09-19-2006, 09:26 PM
El Mas Noob Del Org.

Originally Posted by Reket
you can spray NOS for 20 seconds??? Wouldn't you blow the engine very fast? I used to spray it for like 5 seconds on my old car but it had a fully rebuilt large v6 engine. I got a dry system btw.
What did this FULLY built car run..... 7 second 1/4 miles?
Old 09-20-2006, 08:43 PM

no it ran high 12's
Old 09-24-2006, 12:13 AM

you can spray NOS for 20 seconds??? Wouldn't you blow the engine very fast?.
As long as it's tuned right you can spray forever.
The reason they say you can't spray for over whatever seconds is because
the noids will over heat.
Old 09-28-2006, 10:04 AM
Hella internets

Originally Posted by Donkeypunch
As long as it's tuned right you can spray forever.
The reason they say you can't spray for over whatever seconds is because
the noids will over heat.
Arent plugs a concern as well?

Just a thought...
Old 09-28-2006, 10:50 AM
DONE

it's called nitrous, not NOS, that is a brand name. what exactly is a rebuilt large v6? i smell a little bs here. i have ran my spray for a about 15 to 20 seconds before. not much more than that. i have had my injectors rebuilt to factory specs, a paxton fpr to turn the fp up a little, and i have a walbro 255 in the tank. i run 1 step colder copper plugs and use a 93 101 mix of fuel for when i spray. just do some research on these questions, they are answered in the stickey's. all you have to do is read.
Old 09-28-2006, 12:51 PM

Originally Posted by XeroX
Arent plugs a concern as well?
Just a thought...
Plugs can be bought in diffrent heat ranges.
EVERYTHING is a concern. Don't just hook up the nos
without knowing how to use it.
Old 09-28-2006, 03:34 PM
Hella internets

Originally Posted by Donkeypunch
Plugs can be bought in diffrent heat ranges.
EVERYTHING is a concern. Don't just hook up the nos
without knowing how to use it.
yea but buying colder plugs still doesnt prevent em from failing when you spray for two long...i would imagine anything could really fail if you were to spray for longer than 20 seconds lol...but i would assume your plugs would probly be a comon thing to go first...
Old 10-10-2006, 12:31 AM

Originally Posted by NAS
wet kits are really not any harder to install just takes slightly more time, you can still get the NX wet kit from NOPI see the sticky at the top of the nitrous forum, I got it shipped to my door for $433
I believe that you should not spray for longer than 20 sec wich is more than you need for "racing" or fun for that matter.
You dont have to have a window switch its a safety concern but if you pay attention you dont need it.
You change jet sizes yourself, thats the same with any kit, comes with instructions.
Most use NX but some use the ZEX havnt heard of problems.
Looks like its $600+ now.
Old 10-14-2006, 12:53 AM
Brain phuck

I don't know about you, but with my 75 shot, spraying for 15 seconds would get me to about 130+ MPH.. why in gods name would you need to go any faster hahaha. And I HIGHLY HIGHLY reccomend you get a bottle heater and a digital / electric pressure guage and hook it up in the cabin or at least in view from the drivers seat. So basic bottle heater for $130 and a digital pressure guage $200 and you will have everything you need. Just make sure you hook everything up right and make sure all your sensors and coils are good in your car.
Deffinatly get the warmer though, and be prepared for some retarted shlt.
I say this because I JUST got done putting a warmer in my nx 75 shot setup. and let me tell you, I THOUGHT I knew what a 75 shot was like. I flipped the warmer on for 15 minutes and man O man the stuff hit 2 times stronger then I ever felt before. Totaly broke loose all the way through second. And 3rd felt like 2nd USED to feel like before the warmer. Can't wait to hit the track next Friday 13's guranteed.
Old 10-16-2006, 02:06 PM
Under the radar

Originally Posted by smotz
I don't know about you, but with my 75 shot, spraying for 15 seconds would get me to about 130+ MPH.. why in gods name would you need to go any faster hahaha. And I HIGHLY HIGHLY reccomend you get a bottle heater and a digital / electric pressure guage and hook it up in the cabin or at least in view from the drivers seat. So basic bottle heater for $130 and a digital pressure guage $200 and you will have everything you need. Just make sure you hook everything up right and make sure all your sensors and coils are good in your car.
Deffinatly get the warmer though, and be prepared for some retarted shlt.
I say this because I JUST got done putting a warmer in my nx 75 shot setup. and let me tell you, I THOUGHT I knew what a 75 shot was like. I flipped the warmer on for 15 minutes and man O man the stuff hit 2 times stronger then I ever felt before. Totaly broke loose all the way through second. And 3rd felt like 2nd USED to feel like before the warmer. Can't wait to hit the track next Friday 13's guranteed.

+1 bottle heaters make a huge difference!