Nitrous Discuss dry, wet, and direct port nitrous setups. How many shots can you handle?

Testing solenoids?/other concerns

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2008, 12:22 PM

Testing solenoids?/other concerns

Hey guys,

2000 se 5spd

I have a NOS wet kit that is pretty old. I got it like 2 years ago and I REALLY want to just pop it in to hold me over for the RMT. I ONLY want to run a 50 shot...but will test every thing out with a 35 shot at first.

Here's some concerns I have about using this:

-Both solenoids were used for a while and now have been sitting. They click when I put 12v across them, but is there any way to definitively tell if they're good or not? Would you guys suggest replacing them?

-I know I need a bottle heater and pressure gauge. What's a quality heater and gauge that I can get for relatively cheap?

-For whatever reason I was planning on using copper tubing to run from the solenoids to the nozzle the throttle body. This is the same tubing that you can get at autozone that's in some red package and is normally used for routing a vacuum line past hot areas. Is this ok to use or should I get braided lines? Yes, I'm trying to be cheap....but still practical.

-Does anyone have an electrical diagram of how relays and fuses are used to wire up a wet shot? I just recently lit my car on fire (battery in the trunk...saved it though and nothing got burnt), so now I'm really focusing on having everything be legit.

Thanks a ton!!!!!!!

Denis
Old 05-01-2008, 12:56 PM
DONE

well checking your solenoids the way you did is a good step you know that they click. once you get everything installed and wired in you can take the lines that run to the nozzle and test them. just have a bottle or something the fuel can go into so you don't get it everywhere. i would ssbraided lines from the solenoids to the nozzle. they are easy to work with and the best way to go. as far as a heater and gauge check out dynotunenitrous.com. they have good stuff that is reasonably priced and their kits a very good as i have installed one for a freind. as far as the diagram goes you can look at either dyno tune or go to NX's website and they will show you. every kit is the same to install and it's really simple.
how long are you planning to stay on the bottle? even if you're not going to stay on it long and do the RMT idea i would upgrade your fuel pump and run 1 step colder copper plugs. i now that you aren't wanting to go with a big shot but i'd rather be safe than sorry. if you have any other questions let me know.