Nitrous Discuss dry, wet, and direct port nitrous setups. How many shots can you handle?

Progressive Nitrous Controller Gen-2

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2009, 04:24 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Progressive Nitrous Controller Gen-2

FJO Progressive Nitrous Controller Gen-2. $175

The PROGRESSIVE NITROUS MINI-CONTROLLER combines the functions of our 2-STAGE TPS AND RPM WINDOW SWITCH and our HIGH CURRENT SOLENOID DRIVER all into one very compact module. It can progressively drive two channels, each with a 40 amp load capacity (continuous duty).

The device also supports low-voltage OEM, V10 or 3 cylinder TACH signals without the need for additional adapters. It works with most OEM throttle position sensors including most drive-by-wire vehicles.

This device also includes FJO's "real curve" ramp which allows you to create a progressive curve instead of just a ramp, and the ramp can be either time based or RPM based. All this and only the size of a spark plug box.

Nothing required for install in all Maxima's, cable or drive by wire.

Check here for more info and manual. http://www.fjoracing.com/products/2s.../downloads.php

Features
  • 2 independent channels
  • Programmable ramp times (0.1 - 10.0 sec)
  • Programmable delay times (0.1 - 10.0 sec)
  • RPM or Time based linear ramp or multi-point curve
  • Integrated wide-open-throttle detection
  • 1st gear lock-out
  • Works with rising or falling TPS signals
  • Supports low voltage tach signals as low as 3 volts
  • Works with irregular tach signals such as V10 and 3cyl
  • Easy to use graphic set-up menus using PC USB
  • Inputs for manual enable/disable or transmission brake, throttle position, tach signal
  • Integrated LEDs for WOT, stage 1 RPM window, stage 2 RPM window
  • High current solenoid driver with 40 amp load capacity (continuous duty)

Benefits
  • Free updates/upgrades to software and controller firmware for the life of the product
  • User installable firmware update using PC USB
  • Built for the racing environment to withstand heat, vibration, dirt and water
  • Free direct technical support
Old 06-09-2009, 12:27 PM

Thanks for posting this Jim very nice info!!
Old 06-09-2009, 01:07 PM

Damn, that's a great deal!

The thing I like about this one compared to almost all the other controllers is that it can do an rpm based ramp rather than a time ramp. Much better way to do it.
Old 06-09-2009, 02:10 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by Juiced SE-R
Thanks for posting this Jim very nice info!!
Not just info I am trying to sell it.
Old 06-09-2009, 05:00 PM

I apologize, d*m I'm getting old and can't read haha.. That sounds alot better that what I'm using now...
Old 06-11-2009, 08:42 PM
BOOST 4 LIFE!

Jime I am most likely going to buy this from you, if it stays around of course. I am waiting for a fellow member to give me some money that he doesn't want to, which I am not mad at, once he does this will be controlling my nitrous in my fully bolted and cammed vvl motor (SR20VE) with a very short geared LSD sr16ve tranny w/o 5th gear btw.
I want to spray a 50 shot out the hole and I have a rev control built in to my ecu, so I won't have to worry about anything at the line (gotta love OBD1 and well built basic ecu's that are fully tune able using tunerprort software and a moates chip burner for a whopping 110 bucks! After that I will be shifting at around 8200rpm on stock sr20ve springs with the sr16ve basic cams( when I grab a set of sr16ve N1 cams with some dual spring brian crower s/r's I will be making power, 210whp+ with a basic tune and a nice high flowing header 3" test-pipe and a 3" exhaust, all the way to 9k when I then want a 100 shot to come in as soon as I shift to 3rd( btw by revving that high I can easily stay in vvl or on the "big cam"(280 intake/280 exhaust on my sr16ve cams, but when i get the n1's the big cam with have a 288/288 duration) I am very excited about spraying this badboy and think i will be pleasently surprised as I am not setting ridiculous goals.

btw tom told me about this so if I end up buying it, which I plan to thank him for the sale He was the one that turned me onto this controller.

thanks tom!