5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

check engine light since vias bop :/

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2017, 07:16 PM

check engine light since vias bop :/

ok guys i was assured that the vias bop would not cause a ses light. ever since i did it ive had the light on. i plugged the vac hose comming from the intake and deleted the vac cannister on the intake but left the solenoide plugged in and didnt plug the hose on that. why is my ses on since? this is a 2003 max? any help is appreciated
Old 02-15-2017, 07:22 PM

whatever you do, dont post the code you're getting.
Old 02-15-2017, 07:25 PM

i dont have the code and im not gonna pay 100cad to get it read ive ordered a odb2 reader for torque will update once thats in.. but till then anuone have any ideas on why it would be on since the morning of tbe bop
Old 02-15-2017, 08:20 PM
Bad *** Newb

Originally Posted by Dave Brabant
i dont have the code and im not gonna pay 100cad to get it read ive ordered a odb2 reader for torque will update once thats in.. but till then anuone have any ideas on why it would be on since the morning of tbe bop
Yeah, it knew you would make noob post, so it threw a code to make you make a noob post....AHHH THE PARADOX. DAMN YOU MAXIMAS!
Old 02-15-2017, 08:23 PM

I'm fairly certain the directions don't say anything about removing the canister, and yet.......
Old 02-15-2017, 08:38 PM

wow man this forum is worse then civic forums.. the canister is no longer connected to anything therefor i figured it would not matter if you tell me that tbat is why i got a code then ill put it back on but ive seen three different videos where people remove them cause they are an eye soar and it doesnt throw a code.. im here asking for help if i wanted to be called a noob id go ask a question on civic forums... for real tho you think the canister is causing the code? ill put it back on if so...
Old 02-15-2017, 08:56 PM
Bad *** Newb

wow man this forum is worse then civic forums.. the canister is no longer connected to anything therefor i figured it would not matter if you tell me that tbat is why i got a code then ill put it back on but ive seen three different videos where people remove them cause they are an eye soar and it doesnt throw a code.. im here asking for help if i wanted to be called a noob id go ask a question on civic forums... for real tho you think the canister is causing the code? ill put it back on if so...
You haven't checked the damn code, but made a thread assuming things. NOOB move. No, the canister isn't needed.
Old 02-15-2017, 10:43 PM

The only thing that can cause a VIAS error code is a bad solenoid or bad wires to the solenoid. No other parts are monitored.
Old 02-16-2017, 08:33 AM

I hate it when people post an image three times larger than it needs to be. The entire thread becomes a major pain in the asz to read.
Old 02-25-2017, 02:05 PM

solved

so after doing pedal dance i got code p0031 sensor 1 bank 1 followed the o2 wire to the connector and pushed it in just abit more it clicked... solved thanks for telling me about the pedal dance you were really helpful 😂😂😂😂
Old 02-25-2017, 04:44 PM

so after doing pedal dance i got code p0031 sensor 1 bank 1 followed the o2 wire to the connector and pushed it in just abit more it clicked... solved thanks for telling me about the pedal dance you were really helpful 😂😂😂😂
glad to see that reading the code helped you isolate and find the problem