Supercharged/Turbocharged The increase in air/fuel pressure above atmospheric pressure in the intake system caused by the action of a supercharger or turbocharger attached to an engine.

First kill.....

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2002 | 01:23 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

First kill.....

Well I finally raced somebody in my car. He was driving a 88-90? trans am. He said there was a 350 in it. Anyways we go out to an old country road and line up. I braked torqed it at like 1500 and dropped it. Well I hang with him on take off until I hit 5k in first and then shifted into 2nd manually. Then it was all over. I ran off from him. I had like 7-8 cars! I love the blower. Then one of my friends wanted to race me in his new intrepid. I was like yeh sure. I did it anyways. Not going to brag on that one though. I dont even have my exhaust or CAI for the blower yet.Cant wait.
Old 12-28-2002 | 01:53 AM

sweet kill!!! I love the look on there face when you just hand there a@# to them in a nice roomy 4door sedan, that opps, can seat 5 adults
Old 12-28-2002 | 02:07 AM
Old Timer

Re: First kill.....

Originally posted by 96shogunmax
Well I finally raced somebody in my car. He was driving a 88-90? trans am. He said there was a 350 in it. Anyways we go out to an old country road and line up. I braked torqed it at like 1500 and dropped it. Well I hang with him on take off until I hit 5k in first and then shifted into 2nd manually. Then it was all over. I ran off from him. I had like 7-8 cars! I love the blower. Then one of my friends wanted to race me in his new intrepid. I was like yeh sure. I did it anyways. Not going to brag on that one though. I dont even have my exhaust or CAI for the blower yet.Cant wait.
Just gotta say congrats before they lock up this thread!
Old 12-28-2002 | 02:06 PM
RBa

Re: Re: First kill.....

Originally posted by d_warner

Just gotta say congrats before they lock up this thread!

I killed a 540, 2k26spd, TL-S, and a SR20DET blacktop!!.. Your kill is nothing..

Old 12-28-2002 | 05:00 PM

Re: Re: Re: First kill.....

Originally posted by RBa

I killed a 540, 2k26spd, TL-S, and a SR20DET blacktop!!.. Your kill is nothing..

don't get me started on kills...
Old 12-28-2002 | 06:10 PM
RBa

Re: Re: Re: Re: First kill.....

Originally posted by hlh0501

You're in another league..

Old 12-28-2002 | 10:50 PM
Needs non-Maxima Friends

Re: Re: Re: Re: First kill.....

Originally posted by hlh0501

ahh could you start please
Old 12-29-2002 | 12:41 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: First kill.....

Oh man I raced a talon 5spd turbo tonight. Those things are pretty quick. I only beat him by 1 and a half cars. Yeh I bet you have been beating alot of cars with the turbo.
Old 12-29-2002 | 03:10 AM
RBa

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: First kill.....

Originally posted by 96shogunmax
Oh man I raced a talon 5spd turbo tonight. Those things are pretty quick. I only beat him by 1 and a half cars. Yeh I bet you have been beating alot of cars with the turbo.
I witnessed PCguru2k go at it with an RX7 tonite.. I was ahead of both of em until 110mph and my phone rings.. Bahhhh!..
Anyhow, he pulled on the rx7 after 120mph I heard..
I only wish I had my camera..
Old 12-29-2002 | 03:22 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: First kill.....

Originally posted by RBa

I witnessed PCguru2k go at it with an RX7 tonite.. I was ahead of both of em until 110mph and my phone rings.. Bahhhh!..
Anyhow, he pulled on the rx7 after 120mph I heard..
I only wish I had my camera..
http://forums.maxima.org/showthread....hreadid=177225
Old 12-29-2002 | 07:25 AM
I need a truck

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: First kill.....

show that mother who's boss

i wish i had a turbo so i can teach my buddy who thinks a maxima is ricey in his trans am ... stupid boy
Old 12-30-2002 | 01:15 AM
RBa

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: First kill.....

Originally posted by Conrad283
show that mother who's boss

i wish i had a turbo so i can teach my buddy who thinks a maxima is ricey in his trans am ... stupid boy
I taught a TL-S who's boss today..

Old 12-30-2002 | 07:10 AM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: First kill.....

Originally posted by RBa

you raced that trans am I raced three cars these past few days, killed a prelude 4 times, just left a WRX and he was modded on the freeway. And yesterday I was in total disbelief, I raced a 2000 Saleen and beat him two times , arent those things very very fast. It was white, lowered and had the kit rims but since he never beat me I did not get a chance to see if he had the numerical badge that they all have in the rear since I was next to him and pulled off as soon as he punched it.
Old 12-30-2002 | 07:40 AM
Administrator

some Saleen's are Supercharged and run 12's.. some are not and run 14's
Old 12-30-2002 | 10:44 AM

Originally posted by SprintMax
some Saleen's are Supercharged and run 12's.. some are not and run 14's
I did not know that, I have seen some with intercoolers but I was under the impression they were all fast. That explains why I pulled on him two times and he even slowed down one more time and got on it but I just pulled on him both times. I need to start rolling with the video camera again.
Old 12-30-2002 | 12:56 PM

Umm some people just get the kits, you hav to read the serial number ont he window to make sure its a Saleen. Just to let you know!!
Old 12-30-2002 | 04:26 PM

Originally posted by JAY25

I did not know that, I have seen some with intercoolers but I was under the impression they were all fast. That explains why I pulled on him two times and he even slowed down one more time and got on it but I just pulled on him both times. I need to start rolling with the video camera again.

Yeah Jaime, there are definitely some non-SCed Saleens out there. I'm not sure if you remember but I told you about this yellow Saleen that I see from time to time here in New Orleans that drives around thinking he's hardcore. Before I sold the V1, I ran into him again. This time I made sure to edge him to race. Well to make a long story short, I killed him so bad it's not even funny. I wasn't sure at first was this the SCed or non-SCed Saleen. So going in, I thought to myself if I get my a$$ handed to me, then it's the real deal...if not...HAHAHA! The guy didn't quit until I beat him three times in a roll. I didn't get to talk to him, I was going to tell him it was a good race. The guy just headed for a U-turn and burned up his tires pretty good making the turn, seem pretty mad.
Old 12-30-2002 | 04:48 PM

Originally posted by Cumalot

Yeah Jaime, there are definitely some non-SCed Saleens out there. I'm not sure if you remember but I told you about this yellow Saleen that I see from time to time here in New Orleans that drives around thinking he's hardcore. Before I sold the V1, I ran into him again. This time I made sure to edge him to race. Well to make a long story short, I killed him so bad it's not even funny. I wasn't sure at first was this the SCed or non-SCed Saleen. So going in, I thought to myself if I get my a$$ handed to me, then it's the real deal...if not...HAHAHA! The guy didn't quit until I beat him three times in a roll. I didn't get to talk to him, I was going to tell him it was a good race. The guy just headed for a U-turn and burned up his tires pretty good making the turn, seem pretty mad.
I saw a yellow Saleen with a big intercooler in the front in Metairie by Matts house like two times. I felt the same way yesterday, I saw this guy fast approaching me from the rear. I said to myself man here comes a hooked up white stallion "Sprint once said you play the lottery when messing with one" and car was sweet looking lowered and everything. I didnt bother to look for the metal badging that has the number for Saleens, they are badged on trunk lid and the sides but forgot to look because I was pooping on myself. Its not a car you see everyday on the road and sure enough he punched it, I punch it and I am off, I put many car lengths on him. At first I said he aint racing so I slow down, and this time I hear his exhaust as his punching it and I punch it and we are neck and neck and once again as I shifted into fourth I pulled hard away from him. It was on but I didnt have my camcorder with me.
Old 12-30-2002 | 10:36 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: First kill.....

Originally posted by RBa

I did the same last week, I wish I could get my kills on video, though I do have a mid 90's Mustang GT kill on video. Its probably not much competition to some of you guys, but for having the SC for only a month, I was pretty excited pulling from him and having it taped. Soon as I get it uploaded from my friends DVcam, I'd like to link it. It was pretty funny because we met up with him at a McDonalds and I never popped my hood so he never knew what hit him and he was talking big trash before we hit the set strip.