Supercharged/Turbocharged The increase in air/fuel pressure above atmospheric pressure in the intake system caused by the action of a supercharger or turbocharger attached to an engine.

Will pressure be too high if FMU is here?

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2003, 03:05 PM

Will pressure be too high if FMU is here?

My theory is "If you hook the fmu in front of the throttle body hence never seeing vaccumm will it be creating more fuel pressure than needed". The reason I ask it that before I had my vac/boost gauge prior to the throttle plate and it of course never read vaccumm. Now I have it T-into the stock fpr where it also goes to the bov. Now my question is my vac/boost guage is reading vac until about 3k rpm with the 3.12 pulley however the fuel pressure with a 8:1 is already around 50 psi showing roughly 2psi of boost is creating this extra pressure. What I am wondering is that if I am running about 16psi fuel too rich do to my fmu seeing boost differently than the guage which is actually on the manifold side where boost should be referenced. Can you get the picture of what I am saying. I didn't follow the directions from stillen so I assume that the guage, bov, vac sensor for the fuel pump and fmu should all be on level playing fields. Of course there is going to be more boost before the throttle plate becuase it acts like a wall and therefore is raising my fuel pressure prematurely. What do you guys think?