Supercharged/Turbocharged The increase in air/fuel pressure above atmospheric pressure in the intake system caused by the action of a supercharger or turbocharger attached to an engine.

Yearbook for boosted Maximas??

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2003, 01:16 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Yearbook for boosted Maximas??

what do you guys think? have a stickie on all Maxima with force induction. We can have a picture of our cars, some info on set-up, 1/4 and dyno. Not only to make this as our little showcase, but a brief overview on everybody's car. It might be better for people who's doing research on this subject.
Old 02-20-2003, 01:23 PM

Old 02-20-2003, 02:45 PM

Id be interested, but it seems over 50% of the boosted maximas want to remain unknown or down want to show any pics or dyno or anything. Which might make it harder.

Dixit
Old 02-20-2003, 02:59 PM
I couldn't fix your brakes, so I made your horn louder

i could help maybe.
Old 02-20-2003, 04:42 PM
RBa

Originally posted by seximagtr
i could help maybe.
I still need to dynotune my car and tracks aren't open yet..
Old 02-20-2003, 04:48 PM

Originally posted by RBa

I still need to dynotune my car and tracks aren't open yet..
Yeah but at least we can get a list of who are boosted and who has what running. Like for example.

Johm Smith (JoeSmoe) [name then maxorg name]
Email: josmmer@comcast.net
2001 Maxima SE
Drivetrain: Auto
Boost Type: Turbo
Pulley Size: N/A
PSI: 8
Intercooled: Y

You know something like that where we can at least talk to our peers when we have the same setup and might have questions/issues/concerns. This would be very helpful to the boosted community and the people who are thinking/wanting to go this route.

Dixit
Old 02-20-2003, 05:08 PM

so how should we start? how about start another thread and everyone just post a picture and some info?

moderator and admins....any comments?

I am going to start a thread in the nitrous forum...see if they have anything to say.
Old 02-20-2003, 05:15 PM

We did something similar in the DC local forum. One person asked everyone to email/PM/post on this thread and a directory of that was created.

But it comes down to WHO wants to be the one to take this responsibility. It is nothing to be taken lightly cause believe me the emails/PMs/posts will be flooding in initially and making sure it is all in order is alot of work.

Dixit
Old 02-20-2003, 05:29 PM

Originally posted by BigDogJonx
Id be interested, but it seems over 50% of the boosted maximas want to remain unknown or down want to show any pics or dyno or anything. Which might make it harder.

Dixit
Maybe they dont want to have their max stolen All it takes is a lowlife to recognize a car he saw on the net with its parts list...seen this on a rx7 forum.
Old 02-20-2003, 05:36 PM

Originally posted by MAXIN

Maybe they dont want to have their max stolen All it takes is a lowlife to recognize a car he saw on the net with its parts list...seen this on a rx7 forum.
I know all about that, believe me I do. Go back and search on what happened to my car 5months ago. Got over $8000 worth of Mobile Video/Audio stolen from my car.

But I do agree with you. But then again some truly do like to just stay in the closet as complete sleepers. Which is fine with me. Thats their perrogative. I dont look down on it.

I guess this applies to those who want to be known and willing to be open about it.

Dixit
Old 02-20-2003, 06:32 PM

Originally posted by BigDogJonx
but it seems over 50% of the boosted maximas want to remain unknown or down want to show any pics or dyno or anything.
Dixit
very true, I think your best bet for this is just the simple as someone showed the basics, name, maybe city?, year/model/tranny, and general setup. maybe add comments if they want to try and show off.

keep it simple, quick and clean is my vote - and i think you'll get many more of the lurkers..

heck add a "homepage" place for people who want to show pics and more info..
Old 02-20-2003, 07:36 PM

seems like we have to figure out a few things

1.format - is it going to be in a thread? or another sub-forum like the dyno, 1/4 forms? or having a link on the front page of maxima.org and link it to a separate page?

2.information - how much is enough? I know turbo guys probably want to keep it low. Of course you dont have to post a picture of your engine bay. It can be a picture of your car, your intercooler, your gauges, or something that symbolize you/your car. A brief description will be fine. I dont think we have to tell people where we live or what's our favorite sushi. something short and simple. like Dixit's example.

or we just use thumbnail pictures of vortech, turbonetics, NOS, ZEX, etc. to indicate whay kind of boost you have.

3.Receiving and verifying the information. In this case, we need a contact person(s)....hmmm...I know it will be a lot work for this person. In additon to gathering all info, you have to verify too. I am thinking about having an open thread for people to post and then a stickie moderated by the moderators as the year book. Moderators can help us verify and update information to the yearbook. Will this be alot of work for the moderators??? (we have 6 in the force induction forum)

Kevin - do you think we can have a link on the maxima.org front page for this boosted maxima yearbook?
Old 02-20-2003, 10:01 PM
GoldenGlory

im in

Old 02-21-2003, 05:27 AM

Originally posted by GoldenGlory
im in
Go get your car tuned first!
Old 02-21-2003, 07:18 AM
Jer

Re: Yearbook for boosted Maximas??

Sounds like a plan, Stan!

Just gimme till April to get my pics and everything else done up, then till August to get my IC/2.87" running properly

Originally posted by [maxi-overdose]
what do you guys think? have a stickie on all Maxima with force induction. We can have a picture of our cars, some info on set-up, 1/4 and dyno. Not only to make this as our little showcase, but a brief overview on everybody's car. It might be better for people who's doing research on this subject.
Old 02-21-2003, 09:48 AM

Originally posted by PCGuRu2K

Mine should be tuned by the end of March.
Old 02-21-2003, 09:58 AM
Rice Boy in Denial =)

Kevin - do you think we can have a link on the maxima.org front page for this boosted maxima yearbook?
If you can come up with one, we can put the "special" on the homepage for a while... maybe even permanently in Shoptalk.
Old 02-21-2003, 11:26 AM

Re: Yearbook for boosted Maximas??

sounds like a good idea

one thing make sure include info like my car runs 20PSI but it is only for show that was just an example.
Old 02-21-2003, 11:35 AM
GoldenGlory

Originally posted by PCGuRu2K

Old 02-21-2003, 07:01 PM

Originally posted by Y2KevSE

If you can come up with one, we can put the "special" on the homepage for a while... maybe even permanently in Shoptalk.
so...that's an ok from you? so we can be on the homepage? I will talk to you about this tomorrow.

Originally posted by Jer
: bowdown:

Sounds like a plan, Stan!

Just gimme till April to get my pics and everything else done up, then till August to get my IC/2.87" running properly : )

Stan? My name is An

April sounds good....we can always update the year book.

Originally posted by JAY25

sounds like a good idea : D

one thing make sure include info like my car runs 20PSI but it is only for show :rolleyes : that was just an example.
right~~~~~~~~~~~~~or you meant your tire is running 20 psi mine's overboost then...35psi.

will some moderators support me on this project? With people come in and out and leave their info...some maybe give false info. I bet it will be quite easy to spot (i.e. I modify the stillen SC to fit into my 2k2) Since moderators have experience in this area, will moderators help me verify applications?
Old 02-21-2003, 07:27 PM

measurements were taken by a 2k2 guy who wanted a blower like my under his hood. Would not fit not enough space on the side of the engine bay and the hood would not close
Old 02-21-2003, 07:39 PM

Originally posted by JAY25
measurements were taken by a 2k2 guy who wanted a blower like my under his hood. Would not fit not enough space on the side of the engine bay and the hood would not close

thought their variable cam is in the way??
Old 02-21-2003, 07:41 PM

thought their variable cam is in the way??
doooh I meant to say a 2k2 Altima guy, sorry