Supercharged/Turbocharged The increase in air/fuel pressure above atmospheric pressure in the intake system caused by the action of a supercharger or turbocharger attached to an engine.

I Really Really Want A Turbo!!!now!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2003, 09:04 PM
trutank

I Really Really Want A Turbo!!!now!!!

OK I might sound a little stubborn about this but I think that for me a MaxTurboKit is a little to much money for me to spend on my 4thgen. I already spent over a period of time Over $2800 on my car Wish I saved that (stupid). I wish I could afford it but cant It will take me more than a while to save that kind of money. I know I can pretty much do most of the installation on my own thats no problem , so that would be cheaper on my part but still to expensive . So I was thinking of selling my wheels which are worth at least $1500 and a few other things for about $500 .Ok long story short I want to know were can I get a complete kit for my 4thgen for under $3000 I don't care if its used or not please help me out I NEED A TURBO NOW!!!!!RIGHT NOW!!!!!

Old 06-09-2003, 09:31 PM

good luck, all I got to say is you get what you pay for, myself being in iraq I have more than enough for the kit and everything I want to do to my maxima. If you want a quality kit with all the needed accessories, and yes I did say needed, look to spend about 5000 or so. My grand total for just engine performance to my max is hovering in the 8000 range it looks like. And I just got in on a GD for some 18 in volks, damn this thing is getting expensive. Oh well its worth it. I would suggest you wait and save up for a quality kit. If you shortcut stuff your gonna end up spending more on maintaining it and fixing stuff than you would have if you just saved and bought a quality kit. Good luck
Old 06-10-2003, 07:07 AM

Originally posted by desertmaxima
good luck, all I got to say is you get what you pay for, myself being in iraq I have more than enough for the kit and everything I want to do to my maxima. If you want a quality kit with all the needed accessories, and yes I did say needed, look to spend about 5000 or so. My grand total for just engine performance to my max is hovering in the 8000 range it looks like. And I just got in on a GD for some 18 in volks, damn this thing is getting expensive. Oh well its worth it. I would suggest you wait and save up for a quality kit. If you shortcut stuff your gonna end up spending more on maintaining it and fixing stuff than you would have if you just saved and bought a quality kit. Good luck
Check the FS forum Sprintmax is selling his turbo kit for 3,500.
Old 06-10-2003, 07:17 AM

Turbo/SC

I want a turbo myself. But it wont be for the Max, I'd, much rather get a car that came forced induced. ie. WRX,WRX STi, Lancer Evo VII, Impala SS (SCed), I think thats a good platform to start off with...I wanna get the WRX STi but I dont know how to drive stick and I mean at ALL.
Old 06-10-2003, 08:21 AM
trutank

If I could afford a new car now, I would have to get the newer 300hp>300tq WRX STI WOW. But I wont be able to cause Im to busy being a Full time college student with 3 yrs left. I dont think I can wait any longer Im going to have to turbocharge something .The reason for that was I used to have a 84 300zx AE Turbo 13.8 1/4 98mph @ 10lbs thats on the stock motor.I loved that car to its death (no more Z). I think I might just go back to buying another ZX Car Its cheaper and more fun do drive,great car.

Old 06-10-2003, 09:00 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Re: Turbo/SC

Originally posted by nissanmaximas
I want a turbo myself. But it wont be for the Max, I'd, much rather get a car that came forced induced. ie. WRX,WRX STi, Lancer Evo VII, Impala SS (SCed), I think thats a good platform to start off with...I wanna get the WRX STi but I dont know how to drive stick and I mean at ALL.
Lol.. I like your sig
Old 06-11-2003, 06:36 AM

Re: Re: Turbo/SC

Thanks, I like your car.

Originally posted by PCGuRu2K

Lol.. I like your sig
Old 06-11-2003, 06:44 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Re: Re: Re: Turbo/SC

Originally posted by nissanmaximas
Thanks, I like your car.

Old 06-11-2003, 09:10 AM

Originally posted by trutank
If I could afford a new car now, I would have to get the newer 300hp>300tq WRX STI WOW. But I wont be able to cause Im to busy being a Full time college student with 3 yrs left. I dont think I can wait any longer Im going to have to turbocharge something .The reason for that was I used to have a 84 300zx AE Turbo 13.8 1/4 98mph @ 10lbs thats on the stock motor.I loved that car to its death (no more Z). I think I might just go back to buying another ZX Car Its cheaper and more fun do drive,great car.
I agree w/ you.... I would have loved to get an S4 but didn't have the est 30K to spend on it and have ridiculous payments AND try to upgrade it...
I ended up w/ being convinced w/ my friend to get a Z which will be timeless. The car was purchased for $12,900, and it's paid off, fast stock, TONS of upgrades, people have both broken 11's on stock turbos and have hit 400 rwhp on stock turbos so I know the potential is there. My maxima was in great shape, lowered, black, extremely clean... Yeah I got looks, but not like the Z.
The unfortunate thing is i've dumped thousands into my car already, but I'll be keeping it for life.
Good luck on your next car.