Supercharged/Turbocharged The increase in air/fuel pressure above atmospheric pressure in the intake system caused by the action of a supercharger or turbocharger attached to an engine.

just got my newest mod, actually 22 of them

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2003, 11:27 AM
VG Ridah's Biatch Hoe

just got my newest mod, actually 22 of them

Just got in 22 T-bolt clamps

They are all the same size, but some spots the clapms are too big, but oh well.. most of the crap clamps are off.. still have a few to go.. I'll get them sunday
Old 07-18-2003, 11:53 AM
Rice Boy in Denial =)

Next project: replace exhaust flanges with V-band clamps.
Old 07-18-2003, 01:55 PM
VG Ridah's Biatch Hoe

Thanks kev

V-band clamps?????

I just searched google... hmm..the only place I see these being used is at the CAT, where the downpipe attaches.. that way it is easily removed from the car

Man your up on all the lastest little gadgets, huh??

And honestly, I see a SAFC I in the not to distant future..
Old 07-18-2003, 03:47 PM
Rice Boy in Denial =)

My custom 3" cat-back along with my cat uses v-band clamps. I have a straight pipe for those "screw the air" moments.

Doing the v-band clamp for the up-pipe and down-pipe would be cool.
Old 07-18-2003, 04:08 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Man Im lost on this Vband clamps, I know what they look like but I cant figure out how they work for exhaust? Like how does two pipes come together and the use of the Vband clamp come into play? Is it like where one pipe goes inside another? And you tighten it down with a Vband clamp? Im sooooo lost.
Old 07-19-2003, 05:37 AM
VG Ridah's Biatch Hoe

Originally posted by BigDogJonx
Man Im lost on this Vband clamps, I know what they look like but I cant figure out how they work for exhaust? Like how does two pipes come together and the use of the Vband clamp come into play? Is it like where one pipe goes inside another? And you tighten it down with a Vband clamp? Im sooooo lost.

Hey I have been meaning to call you.. just been real busy. work/car..

I have some extra tbolt clamps if you want them
Old 07-19-2003, 10:30 AM

Where did you end up getting them from and how much? I think I found an even cheaper place and not sure if I sent that to you.

Im just waiting for my chop saw so I can start welding the piping and cutting it to size to re-do the mess.

Dixit
Old 07-19-2003, 01:38 PM
Ramius83

Dixit, I have all these air tools and all. I do have a air-cutter that is like a HUGE dremel tool with a large cutting disk on it. Need to use it, just ask.

Old 07-19-2003, 02:29 PM

Erik, I have that large dremel like air tool as well (my dad has it for now) but I cant see myself using that cause it doesnt make a clean cut like a chop saw. Chop saw is so much easier.

Erik, also when you come over to drop the compression tester off I gotta talk to you about 5spd conversion. Im really considering it now cause I got a feeling my auto is getting ready to die. Maybe it is maybe it isnt cause some times it feels like it is slipping and lagging, other times it is hitting on the dime. I would do the conversion myself but too much work and problems on my end. Need some assistance in your expertise.

Dixit
Old 07-19-2003, 11:07 PM

wont you have do do different turbo plumbing then if you do the auto to manual conversion, or youll probably just have some excess piping. Just wondering. Well I know when I get back to good ole US soil im doing the auto to manual convert and then getting the pfi kit. I love being here in iraq, aside from the incoming mortars, tax free pay is great. Hey dixit why dont ya just do the VB mod instead of the auto to manual, just a thought
Old 07-20-2003, 04:48 AM
VG Ridah's Biatch Hoe

Originally posted by desertmaxima
Hey dixit why dont ya just do the VB mod instead of the auto to manual, just a thought

He already has

and stay safe and save money.. I'm sure we've chewed the same dirt
Old 07-20-2003, 04:51 AM
VG Ridah's Biatch Hoe

Where did you end up getting them from and how much? I think I found an even cheaper place and not sure if I sent that to you.

Im just waiting for my chop saw so I can start welding the piping and cutting it to size to re-do the mess.

Dixit

murray equipment , you posted 2 links awhile ago and I used murray.. 2.25 a clamp

and on the 5-spd... 2 suggestions, cryo treatmeant and do you wanna ride your bike in the rain?
Old 07-20-2003, 07:49 AM

ok kinda off subject, but you use to be in Bags, which branch?
Old 07-20-2003, 10:21 AM
VG Ridah's Biatch Hoe

Originally posted by desertmaxima
ok kinda off subject, but you use to be in Bags, which branch?

USMC
Old 07-20-2003, 11:27 AM

I dont want to ride my bike in the rain, Im too scared of that on a crotchrocket. I think it comes down to if I can get all the parts and with Erik and Jay's input, maybe we can get the whole thing done over a weekend. If we miss a few parts, hopefully it dont rain that week.

Dixit
Old 07-20-2003, 03:35 PM

Sorry to threadjack. How does your top-end feel with the 3" exhaust? v-band clamps on the exhaust? I don't think they'll make as much difference as the t-bolts on the boost pipes. Personally, I don't care if some exhaust leaks out (after the turbo of course).

Originally posted by Y2KevSE
My custom 3" cat-back along with my cat uses v-band clamps. I have a straight pipe for those "screw the air" moments.

Doing the v-band clamp for the up-pipe and down-pipe would be cool.
Old 07-21-2003, 03:34 AM
VG Ridah's Biatch Hoe

Originally posted by turbo97SE
Sorry to threadjack. How does your top-end feel with the 3" exhaust? v-band clamps on the exhaust? I don't think they'll make as much difference as the t-bolts on the boost pipes. Personally, I don't care if some exhaust leaks out (after the turbo of course).

No thread jacking here..

Kev does not know about top end.... he never revs that high, ONLY in fantasy land... aka the west coast forum
Old 07-21-2003, 07:05 AM
Rice Boy in Denial =)

The ends of the pipes will need to be cut off. Then you would weld on the v-band flanges. Finally, you just use the v-band clamp to hold them together. This is different from a slip joint (where one goes into the other).

I haven't gone over 120 yet, but so far it "feels" slightly better. We'll see what the dyno says when it goes on again.

Originally posted by bags533

No thread jacking here.. ;-)

Kev does not know about top end.... he never revs that high, ONLY in fantasy land... aka the west coast forum :wall
Old 07-21-2003, 09:19 AM

3' Exhaust

Kev how does the 3" exhaust sound/feel? I'm still weighing my options.
Nig... since your kit is doing so well, you guys should have a big market for 3' catbacks now! Whats the story Nig.... can we get some of these mass produced?

Deac
Old 07-21-2003, 10:14 AM
Rice Boy in Denial =)

Re: 3' Exhaust

Originally posted by Deac

Kev how does the 3" exhaust sound/feel? I'm still weighing my options.
Nig... since your kit is doing so well, you guys should have a big market for 3' catbacks now! Whats the story Nig.... can we get some of these mass produced?

Deac
One-off 3" SS mandrel with an HKS Carbon-Ti muffler. There's a resonator on the b-pipe and a 3" cat. It's much louder than the GReddy... a littler deeper tone at idle. The shop threw in a straight pipe for kicks, but I haven't put that on yet.
Old 07-21-2003, 03:35 PM

Originally posted by Y2KevSE

The ends of the pipes will need to be cut off. Then you would weld on the v-band flanges. Finally, you just use the v-band clamp to hold them together. This is different from a slip joint (where one goes into the other).
Nice, now that I got the MIG welder and have it down to an art, im going to be doing this myself. Also going to do the 3" exhaust myself as well. I have a nice idea already for clearance under the auto tranny. Going to use Nascar style piping for that section with the same cross section area of a 3" pipe.

Now you think its best to go 3" back from the cat or from the turbo itself?

Dixit