Supercharged/Turbocharged The increase in air/fuel pressure above atmospheric pressure in the intake system caused by the action of a supercharger or turbocharger attached to an engine.

Stillen Supercharger Parts

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2003, 09:12 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Stillen Supercharger Parts

Hey guys.... I just want to shout at Jay for trying to help me with this.... Im just baffled. I am trying to get 2 M6 stand off bolts that are required for the installation of this SC into my 96 maxima. I was qouted a price of $47 a bolt from the guys at Stillen. They tried to say that each "bolt" comes with plate. The only plate i saw was the one thats attached to the blower. If there are any alternatives or a better product # i dont know anything lol.... Any help or feedback would be greatly appreciated guys.

DJ
Old 08-13-2003, 09:18 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

BS~ stillen charged me 60 bucks total for about 8 FHSC (both 8mm and 7/32") bolts for the mounting plate and the blower....

can you be more specific on what you need? have you check the parts list? refer to the instruction maybe? I need to know what you need exactly in order to help ya.

most of those so-called specialized bolts from stillen can purchased in any nuts and bolts specialty stores or online.
Old 08-14-2003, 01:35 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Yeah I checked the instructions posted on this forum from Stillen... It is listed under Associative Hardware. it lists 2 M6 Stand-Off bolts. The application is mentioned in Step 20 of the instructions. A man at the bolt store told me it looks like a coupling nut on one end (female) and male (bolt) on the other.... I called all the major bolt dealers in my state and no one has it.
Old 08-14-2003, 08:29 AM

I am sending the two I got from Stillen back to the reseller the kit came from cause the male threads match but teh female threads do not...

I am running without with no problems I feel so its not a show stopper...a long bolt with correct amount of washers would do the same thing.
Old 08-14-2003, 09:11 AM

Originally posted by WizzaMax
I am sending the two I got from Stillen back to the reseller the kit came from cause the male threads match but teh female threads do not...

I am running without with no problems I feel so its not a show stopper...a long bolt with correct amount of washers would do the same thing.

your not the only one with that problem apparently something is happening where now they are half a^ssss making the kits or something but the male threaded section is not threading into the side of the engine.
Old 08-14-2003, 09:16 AM

Originally posted by WizzaMax

that's what I think too....or use a thick brass nut like this one:
http://www.sherline.com/tip5.htm

DJFrankie
I searched on this item over yahoo and I couldnt find much info expect this one above. maybe give them a call see if they make the stand-off bolt

sorry~
Old 08-14-2003, 12:57 PM

Originally posted by [maxi-overdose]

that's what I think too....or use a thick brass nut like this one:
http://www.sherline.com/tip5.htm

DJFrankie
I searched on this item over yahoo and I couldnt find much info expect this one above. maybe give them a call see if they make the stand-off bolt

sorry~
those should work just fine as long as they bolt onto the side of the engine.