Supercharged/Turbocharged The increase in air/fuel pressure above atmospheric pressure in the intake system caused by the action of a supercharger or turbocharger attached to an engine.

Anyone interested $350 Wideband O2 system-->

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2003, 10:00 PM
Eat, sleep, and sh*t 2JZ

Anyone interested $350(or less) Wideband O2 system-->

we might be running a group deal over on Honda Tech on the Innovative Motorsport LM-1: Digital Air/Fuel Ratio Meter..this is a sweet little setup for $350(maybe less depending on # in the GD)...FULL wideband capability with datalogging and CPU dowloading!! I might get in on the deal but not sure depending o money...just thought you guys might be interested. Pretty sure they wouldn't mind some help from some boosted Maxima peeps Just thought yall might be interested as well.

Info on the system-->
http://www.innovatemotorsports.com/lm1.php

Posisble GD info-->
http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=599740
Old 08-24-2003, 05:13 AM

Looks cool, has anyone tired the product?
Old 08-24-2003, 06:02 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Why is that a group deal, the cost $349.00 at regular price?
Old 08-24-2003, 07:22 AM
I couldn't fix your brakes, so I made your horn louder

I'm very interested... keep us informed and i'm down.
Old 08-24-2003, 09:56 AM
Eat, sleep, and sh*t 2JZ

Originally posted by spanishrice
Why is that a group deal, the cost $349.00 at regular price?
re-read what I wrote......

Originally posted by DA-MAX
this is a sweet little setup for $350(maybe less depending on # in the GD)

I'll keep you guys posted. we are hoping to get enough for around $300-325 SHIPPED!
Old 08-24-2003, 10:21 AM

I would be interested also.
Old 08-24-2003, 06:33 PM

Most definetely. I will do this if we get it cheaper. This is exactly what Im looking for as far as logging abilities.

Dixit
Old 08-24-2003, 06:41 PM
Eat, sleep, and sh*t 2JZ

cool, guys keep it coming...they should have an official word on the GD either tommorow or Tuesday I'm hoping!
Old 08-24-2003, 06:50 PM

i am in also... keep me in touch.. thanks chad
Old 08-25-2003, 09:02 AM
Eat, sleep, and sh*t 2JZ

heres an update thus far form over on HT...

Okay, i went and called them this morning.
The 02 sensor does not have a narrowband so you can use it as a wideband. They rated their 02 sensor to last up to 100K miles. They are still in the early stages of deveopement for their auxillary inputs . That is why you don't see them having it for sale on their website. They dno't have the in dash display yet either. I asked if i would need the $25 or $99 aux input and he didn't know until they are finished with it.

I asked about a group buy, and he said the most the price would decrease is $20-25. He said i would most likely have to wait almost a month if i waited for a group buy. I thus went ahead and just purchased the unit on the spot. I'm in CA so i got charged tax!!! But shipping is $10 insured. HE said they have MANY orders and mines wouldn 't get billed/shipped until mid this week. He also mentioned that they have been in business sine June. Odd that we dont hear about them until now.

Overall great customer service and i just wanted to pay more and get one now than wait.

Danny

as you can see its still developmental and a GD is kinda iffy, but I'll keep yall updated on any changes...
Old 08-25-2003, 01:49 PM

heres an update thus far form over on HT...

as you can see its still developmental and a GD is kinda iffy, but I'll keep yall updated on any changes...
Until they get the RPM input for another $100 its not much use. I looked at it pretty closely but finally bought the WBO2 Unit from http://www.techedge.com.au/.

It has the rpm input built in as well as 3 thermocouple inputs. Just came in today so haven't had a chance to get it installed yet. It has the readout plus a Palm and PC logging feature.
Old 08-25-2003, 02:16 PM
Eat, sleep, and sh*t 2JZ

Jime what was the price, in USD?? I've heard techedge come up before, their site sucks as far as navigation and pricing though, on the order page it only lists AU
Old 08-25-2003, 02:33 PM

Jime what was the price, in USD?? I've heard techedge come up before, their site sucks as far as navigation and pricing though, on the order page it only lists AU
Mine was $340 US or $520 Australian. I got the one that uses the 057 sensor which is available for $28 US. So price is pretty comparable and both are very new.

I want it mainly for data logging so it has to have an RPM input to be of any use. The readout is ok for playing with on the road etc but for serious tuning with an S-AFC etc you need RPM so you know at where you need to adjust.
Old 08-26-2003, 07:13 AM

That product looks great!!! Being able to datalog is key. Can't wait to hear how it turns out.

Originally posted by Jime

Mine was $340 US or $520 Australian. I got the one that uses the 057 sensor which is available for $28 US. So price is pretty comparable and both are very new.

I want it mainly for data logging so it has to have an RPM input to be of any use. The readout is ok for playing with on the road etc but for serious tuning with an S-AFC etc you need RPM so you know at where you need to adjust.
Old 08-27-2003, 03:38 PM
Eat, sleep, and sh*t 2JZ

[size= 5]UPDATE UPDATE!!!!!![/size]

The MR2 boys got a a group deal going on the same Innovative unit...but there are ONLY 3 days left, it ends on the 30th....but good news so far the unit is down to around $330 shipped.

more info here...(you have to log in)

http://board.mr2faq.com/showthread.p...5&pagenumber=1

you'll have to log in to participate but heres the gist of it....

posted by TBeck2000
Introduction to the LM-1
Innovate Motorsports has developed (and patented) a new wideband O2 sensor called the LM-1: A hand-held Digital Air/Fuel Ratio (Lambda) Meter. The package that they sell for $349 includes a Bosch oxygen sensor, but it is also capable of using the newer NTK (Honda and VW) sensors that only cost like $30. The unit not only displays but also records up to 44 minutes of lambda data. And not only can this unit measure and log AFR data, but it is also capable of receiving up to five other voltage inputs. These could be rpm signal, boost pressure, intake temps, throttle position, etc: http://www.innovatemotorsports.com/s...m#_Toc46234170 You can then remove the controller from your car, connect it to your PC via a serial cable and model the data in MS Excel or their software package.

They include an extra O2 bung, but this meter can also output a standard narrow-band signal to eliminate the stock O2 sensor.

I know that there could be a comparison made between this product and the Techedge Version 2.0A, but this does so much more for so much less.

The Group Buy
Innovate Motosports has provided me with some pricing that I thought would be worthy of a group buy:

5+ Units
$334.00 (Savings of $15.00)
Free UPS Ground Shipping Included (Savings of $10.00)
Total Savings of $25.00!

10+ Units
$324.00 (Savings of $25.00)
Free UPS Ground Shipping Included (Savings of $10.00)
Total Savings of $35.00!

**These are per unit prices. Innovate will need to have a total number of units and payments for all units before the shipping begins. Money orders and credit cards are accepted. If paying by credit card the following info is needed:

-Name
-Credit Card Number & Expiration Date
-Billing Address for the credit card you are using
-Shipping Address
-Phone number you can be reached at
***I will share the contact to send this information to as we get farther along.

Depending on response, I was planning on ending the group buy on August 30th. If we are just a couple orders away from the 10+, Innovate would be willing to wait a few days to reach the mark. BTW, it appears that they are not interested in using PayPal for payments, so you have to be willing to use either credit card or money order.

For More Info
Please go to their website and read the documentation (under Support). I am sure that you will be impressed. They are very thorough and open about their product. You can also read a thread on the NASIOC forums (Subarus) about the WBO2 here. The person with the name Klaus works for Innovative and has been a big help in sharing details about their product.

I will do what I can to coordinate this group buy. I will keep track of those interested, try to answer any questions, and communicate with the sales and tech department at Innovate Motorsports.

Tim Beck
'91 TD-06 Superwhite
Old 08-27-2003, 04:01 PM

My only question is since I cant get a clear answer from the website and one page on there has a dead link on the optional aux cable. With the packaged group deal, what can I log? Can I log both RPM and just the O2 sensor? Or can we do much more?

What is the auxilary input cable used for?

Do you just use the handheld to log all the data and then use a computer to download it later and do more indepth analysis of it?

Dixit
Old 08-27-2003, 04:17 PM

Well looked more around and this seems to be a bit more expensive than planned because if you want the RPM input cable (which is not out yet) it will cost $99. If you want the other input cable that does RPM, EGT, Timing, and all that fun stuff, that is $199.

Im not saying this tool is crap.... Just going to be very hard to tune the car without RPM inputs to chart out where I need to raise/lower the AFC to get the best a/f ratio.

Dixit
Old 08-27-2003, 04:28 PM
Eat, sleep, and sh*t 2JZ

yeah they are strictly pushing this as a "beta" item thus far...it seems that by October all of the auxiliary units are gonna be available. I think you can use the $25 Aux. input #1 to wire the unit in to the stock tach wire(as well as wire in a few other sensors(??)...I think the $99 Aux. 2 cable is only used if you want and easier install by using an inductive pickup on the #1 spark plug wire(for cars that apply) to get your RPM readings. as for the Aux. #3 unit...I think that logs for the EGT, boost and various other parameters too. personally I'm gonna hold off until October and see what results come from it...still not a bad unit.
Old 11-11-2004, 11:14 PM
Lightly modded

So uh, what happened with this? Anyone get it?
Old 11-12-2004, 05:44 AM

Originally Posted by 95maxrider
So uh, what happened with this? Anyone get it?

I have it. It's a very useful tool, much more useful than an EGT gauge for monitoring afr.

The datalogging plots I show in this thread were made with the LM-1:

http://forums.maxima.org/showthread....25#post3312225
Old 11-12-2004, 07:32 AM
superdave2

I'm going with the zeitronix zt-2. datalogging, user inputs (i.e. for RPM) and a very nice display for $399. Also, you can buy EGT and boost sensors so their display will show all of that data and also datalog it all. The sensors are extra though.

Old 11-12-2004, 10:24 AM
Lightly modded

Originally Posted by superdave2
I'm going with the zeitronix zt-2. datalogging, user inputs (i.e. for RPM) and a very nice display for $399. Also, you can buy EGT and boost sensors so their display will show all of that data and also datalog it all. The sensors are extra though.
Where can I get some more info on this product?
Old 11-12-2004, 10:28 AM
Eat, sleep, and sh*t 2JZ

www.zeitronix.com
Old 11-12-2004, 10:33 AM

Originally Posted by DA-MAX
If I dont do datalogging, can i Have this product with the O2 sensor to monitor AFR/Boost temp/EGT instead of jsut having the EGT gauge ??

I would like Monitor the Air Fuel directly from a readout in my car

-matt
Old 11-12-2004, 10:42 AM
Ad·min·is·tra·tor

Originally Posted by DA-MAX
which is better? this or the LM-1?
Old 11-12-2004, 11:41 AM
superdave2

Both the LM-1 and ZT-2 are really good units. I don't think there is much of a difference as far as reliability or accuracy/precision. The ZT-2 is smaller and has a nice remote display. The LMI is pretty bulky and almost requires an additional display.

If you don't want to datalog, Innovate will be comming out with a new WBO2 with a better display in the next month or so. It will be cheaper to (supposedly)

Matty, yes the ZT-2 will monitor afr (included) egt (probe purchased separately) and boost (map sensor purchased separately). All values are displayed on their LCD with peak/hold function too.

Old 11-12-2004, 11:47 AM
Eat, sleep, and sh*t 2JZ

Originally Posted by DanNY
which is better? this or the LM-1?
I like the zeitronix now since I made this post back then...unbeatable price and pretty much all the capabilities of the LM1 minus extra auxilliary 0-5 volt inputs it can display(ie tps, etc)....but it still most importantly measrues RPM which IMO is really al that you need to display in order to properly tune the car(along with AFR of course). the boost and EGT sensor are extra, but not necessary IMO for tuning at all. and not to downplay the LM1 at all, but sure you can plot TPS and other voltages with it, but for what?? yes it good for comparisons and monitoring, but all you need to tune a car is RPM x AFR.

on a side note, I also like the datalogging user interface/setup of the Zeitronix much better than PLX M500...I just installed one, its okay, but I persoally don't see it being nearly worth the $500+/- price tag other than it being wireless.

both zeit and LM1 are great systems and 100% equal as far as whats needed to tune a car out of the box, but IMO it comes down price and Zeitronix wins.
Old 11-12-2004, 11:50 AM

If you don't want to datalog, Innovate will be comming out with a new WBO2 with a better display in the next month or so. It will be cheaper to (supposedly)

Matty, yes the ZT-2 will monitor afr (included) egt (probe purchased separately) and boost (map sensor purchased separately). All values are displayed on their LCD with peak/hold function too.
So you can purchase the $399 package ZT-2 and be good for AFR and RPM...the EGT reading and the boost readings are seperate which is ok with me
With my Autometere EGT bung work for the ZT-2 or no ?

-matt
Old 11-12-2004, 11:53 AM
Sports Button FTW

hey matt, if u ever get this and it works well for tuning, i'll come to u for tuning and also pay
Old 11-12-2004, 01:53 PM
superdave2

I just found a deal and bought the ZT-2. $375 shipped.

Old 11-12-2004, 02:00 PM

Where at ?? was it only one or are there more ??

-matt
Old 11-12-2004, 02:05 PM
Still Here... IM me for more..

how about filling the rest of us in...?
Old 11-12-2004, 07:27 PM
superdave2

Go to wires4cars.com and use coupon code a04aa8. You will get $25 off.

Old 11-12-2004, 09:34 PM

What is needed to install a Unit like the ZT-2 ?? I have an EGt that they say will plug right into the ZT-2 with no problem...Boost can come later on I guess after I get the Unit up and running....

Just have the Wide-band O2 sensor bung welded in the exhaust, then its just plug and play ??

-matt
Old 11-12-2004, 11:00 PM
Sports Button FTW

answer this man's question!!!
Old 11-13-2004, 06:45 AM
superdave2

I don't know cause I have not received mine yet. I assume it is probably just a matter of splicing into your ECU harness like you would with an SAFC or pretty much any other electronics. I'm sure it comes with instructions and is pretty straight forward. Probably just need to get ahold of your ECU pin-out if you don't already have one.
Get ready break out your soldering iron and heat shrink tubing!

Old 11-13-2004, 10:48 PM

Somewhat Off-Topic but, Does anyone know anything about the AEM Wideband Unit?

JP
Old 11-14-2004, 05:26 AM
superdave2

It is good but basic and does not have datalogging. It DOES have a 0-5v user progammable output. Retail is something like $450 but I know you can find it significantly cheaper. Their gauge is the best I have seen...

Old 11-14-2004, 08:09 PM
Still kickin'

as long as your AFR doesn't go below 11:1...
Old 11-15-2004, 12:07 AM

I guess my problem is I want a Gauge Setup like the AEM, however I would like the Data Logging Feature and I would like a good dependable setup for a decent price.

Are there any systems out there similar to what I am looking for?

Thanks Agian Guys!

JP

Quick Reply: Anyone interested $350 Wideband O2 system-->