Supercharged/Turbocharged The increase in air/fuel pressure above atmospheric pressure in the intake system caused by the action of a supercharger or turbocharger attached to an engine.

Video, myself and baggs vs 25anniv trans am, TT stock Rx7 vs SCed Z28

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2003, 12:53 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Video, myself and baggs vs 25anniv trans am, TT stock Rx7 vs SCed Z28

http://www.vqpower.com/v2/modules.ph...=getit&lid=119

Oooh yeaah this weekend was another fun weekend. My EGT probe blew off but thanks to my little brother he fixed it in 5Mins. Pulled up to the spot seemed kind of dead, moved on the road and what do I see a bunch of cars parked, I pull in and this guy shouts I got a spot for you. Chill for a couple of mins and leave to chase an SRT 4. He just got the car so never mind him, make a Uturn and see two EVOs just cutting up and proceed to follow them they go into the parking lot, I then park my car not knowing that there was a SCed Camaro Z28, 25th anniversary Trans AM and a stock 93 TT RX7 parked directly in front of me. As soon as I pull up I walk away from my car about 20 people just swamp my car. I am like what did I do, and ask are you turbocharged? is this Ossamahs car? NO, I am SCed. Then one of the EVO guys looks inside my window and tells the other guy no you cant fck with him hes a manual. The moral of the story is that, the three guys in front of me come up to me and tell me we want to run you. I am okay what do you drive, they point at the two cars in front of me. I knew something was not right. I told him well youll rape me since I know the Trans Am is very fast dont know what he has under the hood neither the Z28 which I did not it was auto and had a Vortech V9 in it. After 20 mins of talking I decide I am hungry and lets go run. No problem this guy has a complete crew to do the set up and off we go. As soon as we get on the private land that we ask to borrow to run the RX7 who do I see pull up in front of me? Baggs, I run the RX7 twice and then the Trans am once, he then moves up to Baggs and baggs and him are neck and neck and baggs ends up pulling away from him. The last round I ended up running the Z28 about 4 times and got owned is no big deal you win some you lose some is all good it was a good night.
Old 09-07-2003, 01:43 PM
Dyno plot says I have the most area under the Administrator curve

good stuff!
Old 09-07-2003, 01:43 PM

Good story...
Old 09-07-2003, 02:09 PM
Dyno plot says I have the most area under the Administrator curve

git 'em baggy git 'em!!!!!11
Old 09-07-2003, 02:27 PM
VG Ridah's Biatch Hoe

Yeah it was fun.. I would have run the RX7 and the SC'd z-28 but I put another hurtin on my tranny so no more racing..

The TA was quick.. I had him by about 2 feet until about 130 , he started pulling slowly then .. but we stopped due to traffic

FUN NIGHT thanks jay and his little bro for tapping
Old 09-07-2003, 04:14 PM
aka UNCDooD

nice vid and good runs.
Old 09-07-2003, 04:28 PM

Originally Posted by JAY25
http://www.vqpower.com/v2/modules.ph...=getit&lid=119

Oooh yeaah this weekend was another fun weekend. My EGT probe blew off but thanks to my little brother he fixed it in 5Mins. Pulled up to the spot seemed kind of dead, moved on the road and what do I see a bunch of cars parked, I pull in and this guy shouts I got a spot for you. Chill for a couple of mins and leave to chase an SRT 4. He just got the car so never mind him, make a Uturn and see two EVOs just cutting up and proceed to follow them they go into the parking lot, I then park my car not knowing that there was a SCed Camaro Z28, 25th anniversary Trans AM and a stock 93 TT RX7 parked directly in front of me. As soon as I pull up I walk away from my car about 20 people just swamp my car. I am like what did I do, and ask are you turbocharged? is this Ossamahs car? NO, I am SCed. Then one of the EVO guys looks inside my window and tells the other guy no you cant fck with him hes a manual. The moral of the story is that, the three guys in front of me come up to me and tell me we want to run you. I am okay what do you drive, they point at the two cars in front of me. I knew something was not right. I told him well youll rape me since I know the Trans Am is very fast dont know what he has under the hood neither the Z28 which I did not it was auto and had a Vortech V9 in it. After 20 mins of talking I decide I am hungry and lets go run. No problem this guy has a complete crew to do the set up and off we go. As soon as we get on the private land that we ask to borrow to run the RX7 who do I see pull up in front of me? Baggs, I run the RX7 twice and then the Trans am once, he then moves up to Baggs and baggs and him are neck and neck and baggs ends up pulling away from him. The last round I ended up running the Z28 about 4 times and got owned is no big deal you win some you lose some is all good it was a good night.
Yea that TransAm has the LT1 in it per the front end I saw in the picture. Those do not have 320 hp. They have 285hp or if it was the Ram Air model which it looked like its 305 hp.

The LS1s have the bigger engine which you didn't race. The LS1 you ran in the Z28 was quick for sure.....but it should have been faster with that supercharger. They run 11s tuned correctly.

Good runs though. I love watching videos of races!
Old 09-07-2003, 04:49 PM
Minister of Silly Walks

Originally Posted by maximagumball
Yea that TransAm has the LT1 in it per the front end I saw in the picture. Those do not have 320 hp. They have 285hp or if it was the Ram Air model which it looked like its 305 hp.

The LS1s have the bigger engine which you didn't race. The LS1 you ran in the Z28 was quick for sure.....but it should have been faster with that supercharger. They run 11s tuned correctly.

FYI, the LS1 isn't "bigger" than an LT1. More power, about the same displacement.
Old 09-07-2003, 05:20 PM

Originally Posted by mzmtg
FYI, the LS1 isn't "bigger" than an LT1. More power, about the same displacement.
yup.

LS1 is a lighter engine and I think it takes up slightly more space than the LT1. Cause people have put LT1s in 240sx but I dont think an LS1 has been done yet.
Old 09-07-2003, 05:26 PM

good stuff.
Old 09-07-2003, 05:58 PM
UCF Lexus

good call ben. they were some fast domestics...but bags showed that bottle empty trans am who's boss.

That was phat race guys.
Old 09-07-2003, 07:16 PM

Originally Posted by maximagumball

that car has the same thing the WS6 has, the WS6 only has the ram air and the suspension package, this is the third Trans Am guy that tells me the same thing. I use to work with a Reserve Marine who had a WS6 and it had the scoop and it was lowered. They have the C5 corvette engine in it.
Old 09-07-2003, 10:14 PM
Say Candyman 5 times

I hate to be the party crasher

You guys knew this was coming, the question was when. What's the deal with adv street racing? Coming from me a person who don't give a fart but what's fare is fare.
Old 09-07-2003, 10:41 PM
VG Ridah's Biatch Hoe

Originally Posted by CandiMan
You guys knew this was coming, the question was when. What's the deal with adv street racing? Coming from me a person who don't give a fart but what's fare is fare.

Maybe because I am tired and a little slow, I have NO idea what you just said
Old 09-07-2003, 11:08 PM
Say Candyman 5 times

Originally Posted by bags533
Maybe because I am tired and a little slow, I have NO idea what you just said
Ok that's fare enough, let me re-phrase my post.

I thought the .Org had strict policy against posting anything about street racing of any form, kinda like work friendly pics in our sigs. If someone post a pic that's against the rules sig gets turn off in a heart beat. If a policy is broken appropriate should be taken, don't you think? What's fare is fare.
Old 09-08-2003, 04:36 AM

Synki asked what do they trap? the camaro said he traps 111MPH, I trap 106.89 so it didnt take me very long to figure out he was going to stomp me, so I did it for good old kicks. Stay tuned I will hook up with these guys again and do a rerun with everyone been boosted to include the trans am spraying his 125shot.
Old 09-08-2003, 05:38 AM

Ok that's fare enough, let me re-phrase my post.

I thought the .Org had strict policy against posting anything about street racing of any form, kinda like work friendly pics in our sigs. If someone post a pic that's against the rules sig gets turn off in a heart beat. If a policy is broken appropriate should be taken, don't you think? What's fare is fare.
They raced on "private land", so technically, it's not street racing. Wish I had some private land with a highway on it.
Old 09-08-2003, 06:21 AM

Jay and Bags =

The best Maxima vid I've seen in a while.
Old 09-08-2003, 07:26 AM

Originally Posted by Stephen Max
They raced on "private land", so technically, it's not street racing. Wish I had some private land with a highway on it.

Thank you for clearing that up Stephen max, apparently he did not read that, see we know an old man and he has acres of land and once you go thru his gate is a two lane road and is very very long and we call him up and ask him can we stop by for about 20 mins and he knows what we are up to and he says its alright just be safe and we be safe see they are short little 6 sec sprints thats all we need
Old 09-08-2003, 08:45 AM
UCF Lexus

Thank you for clearing that up Stephen max, apparently he did not read that, see we know an old man and he has acres of land and once you go thru his gate is a two lane road and is very very long and we call him up and ask him can we stop by for about 20 mins and he knows what we are up to and he says its alright just be safe and we be safe see they are short little 6 sec sprints thats all we need

Mr. Howard Barnett is the MAN! He's always lettin people do this on his land. It's worth the drive out there....not a thing to worry about

Old 09-08-2003, 08:57 AM
Say Candyman 5 times

Yes you're right I did miss that. So that's what it takes, know someone with acres and acres of land with a two lane hwy. Some how I feel I've been hoodwinked and bamboozeled but it's ok, I stand corrected.
Old 09-08-2003, 09:06 AM
VG Ridah's Biatch Hoe

Yes you're right I did miss that. So that's what it takes, know someone with acres and acres of land with a two lane hwy. Some how I feel I've been hoodwinked and bamboozeled but it's ok, I stand corrected.

well it's ok.. sometimes we run in Mexico, the president of mexico is a friend of a friend of a dog owner's cat sitter.

Nurenburg is cool , but it is hard to schedule.. lots of people use it

Germany is ok, just hard to get there

And sometimes we use canada, but the mounted police are a little hard on us

BTW different forums do things differently.. check the feedback forum there was a thread on this

thanks deezo
Old 09-08-2003, 09:30 AM

wahhh that z28 was hella quik.. good run guys.. good run...
Old 09-08-2003, 10:04 AM

Nice runs. Am I the only one who thinks that TA sounds like it's detonating high in the rev range?
Old 09-08-2003, 10:31 AM

Originally Posted by bijan gxe
Mr. Howard Barnett is the MAN! He's always lettin people do this on his land. It's worth the drive out there....not a thing to worry about

OOH Great just give his name out thats all we need it here why you just did not post it in the Gen Forums. Amazing see thats why your sometimes not allowed to follow us
Old 09-08-2003, 10:53 AM
Ramius83

I wish I could have come out that night. However, from me staying at home, I found the problem that has been hindering me for the past two weeks, and I am right now fixing it. Great runs Jaime and Bags. Next time you all plan to visit them, LET ME KNOW so we can hanky-spank them.....

Old 09-08-2003, 04:22 PM

that car has the same thing the WS6 has, the WS6 only has the ram air and the suspension package, this is the third Trans Am guy that tells me the same thing. I use to work with a Reserve Marine who had a WS6 and it had the scoop and it was lowered. They have the C5 corvette engine in it.

The Z28 had the LS1 C5 engine, not the TA. TA was the LT1.
Old 09-08-2003, 05:42 PM
OT n00bs FTMFCSL

Great video guys! I'm sure that was fun as hell
Old 09-08-2003, 06:04 PM

good story, great video and awesome job beating up on those guys (well... cept the Z28 but you can't win em all)!
Old 09-08-2003, 06:05 PM

Originally Posted by hlh0501
good story, great video and awesome job beating up on those guys (well... cept the Z28 but you can't win em all)!

come down here and participate we have plenty of Boosted V8's out here
Old 09-08-2003, 06:47 PM

come down here and participate we have plenty of Boosted V8's out here
I just may I make frequent trips to birmingham which is what... under 2 hours away I think? I'll actually be down there this weekend, but I may give the ol max a rest for this trip. That has to be fun though runnin around in a pack of fast max's! I miss that from CA, swarming down the highway was soo fun(ny). Not too many boosted max's around Louisville. Infact, only one that i know of haha
Old 09-08-2003, 08:08 PM

I can't believe that the boosted camaro said he only trapped 111 mph. My friend has a 2000 firebird LS1 with lid, headers, and exhaust and he traps at 115mph on the stock 16's with 245 tires. I would think boost would be much faster than that. He walks me as twice as fast as you did jay.
Old 09-08-2003, 10:30 PM
VG Ridah's Biatch Hoe

Originally Posted by hlh0501
I just may I make frequent trips to birmingham which is what... under 2 hours away I think? I'll actually be down there this weekend, but I may give the ol max a rest for this trip. That has to be fun though runnin around in a pack of fast max's! I miss that from CA, swarming down the highway was soo fun(ny). Not too many boosted max's around Louisville. Infact, only one that i know of haha

This will be my only reply to you about this.... tyhis is the 2nd time you mentioned coming here.

Be warned I am VERY mad about you ripping me off. PLEASE do not come to atlanta and let me know or find out.

I am so immature and childish that the thought of doing bodily harm to you makes me feel better about losing thousands of dollars.

I don't think I am mature enough to let it go. I will feel the need to get some redemption.

So I ask again, don't put me in that postion. I decided awhile not to come to KY and try and find you and get my money. I have decided not to SUE you.

But you would make it impossible for me to sit on my hands if you came to where I live.
Old 09-08-2003, 11:27 PM
Redlinemax Owner

when i get my car back i'm coming to atl!!!
Old 09-09-2003, 07:23 AM

Originally Posted by Redmax
when i get my car back i'm coming to atl!!!

thats what I am talking about, just let us know when so we can have plans if not we wont plan thats when everything happens when no planning takes place seriously. This was all unplanned thats when you get the best videos unplanned.
Old 09-09-2003, 07:28 AM

Originally Posted by 96sleeper
I can't believe that the boosted camaro said he only trapped 111 mph. My friend has a 2000 firebird LS1 with lid, headers, and exhaust and he traps at 115mph on the stock 16's with 245 tires. I would think boost would be much faster than that. He walks me as twice as fast as you did jay.

Ill see if I can try to help that guy tune that bish out, if he wants my input, I got the hang of this SCer thing 97.5% packed down, but that guy his car in my opinion was very fast, not as fast as that trans am on spray but will see what happens.