Supercharged/Turbocharged The increase in air/fuel pressure above atmospheric pressure in the intake system caused by the action of a supercharger or turbocharger attached to an engine.

Supercharged Guys: People say i'm fast, but is what i'm doing cheating?

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2003, 07:19 PM

Originally Posted by thebigsadler
do you have a turbo on your maxima? do you know what numbers I put down at what psi and what size exhaust? do you know what a 3" exhaust and each psi corresponding will add HP wise?

no the nitrous isn't hooked up, i think it's way too harsh on an engine, especially one that isn't built up for it. show or no show, how am i a ricer again?

and lastly, do you have a turbo on your maxima?

here let me bust that big head of yours since no one has the ***** to do so your car stock to the ground puts out say 185HP to the ground correct? gave you some ponies to work with, work with me now. Work with me stay with me, how in the fck did you gain 115HP and torque at 6.5 PSI? answer that question, and dont give me that **** with do I own a turbo cuz your full of **** and full of yourself, three inch exhaust only gives you better spool up not 115HP and torque, and lets see I know a Z06 puts out way over 350HP and torque. You dont even have one of those MEVI's see how full of **** you are, Explain to us how did you do that? are you even close to running 12' s at the track? Z06's run 12s, you run maybe 13.8's, I dont think so your car has some much **** in it I doubt it will pull on a V6 mustang, you just have to admit your car is just for show, like one of those little toy model cars for people to drool on. Your car is nice but do not come over here saying you beat this and walk that, you sound like a young Civic owner, Craig mack will put the smack down on your car, run him, just go and run him and bring us back a video of how many miles you put on his car.
Old 10-08-2003, 07:20 PM
Eat, sleep, and sh*t 2JZ

theres no point in arguing with you...I have no (nor did I HAVE) intentions to anyways....I was just stating my opinion originally that I don't think you "WALKED" the Z06(with the mods you stated), thats all..no personal attack, I have the right to my opinion.

and trust me, I have NOTHING(I can't stress that enough!!!) to prove to you, thats for sure... keep going though entertain yourself

[size= 5]YOUZ DA MAD Z06 KILLAH YO!!!![/size]
Old 10-08-2003, 07:32 PM

do you drive a 4th gen turbocharged maxima? does your car currently put out psi for psi the best numbers out there?

congrated on turbocharging honda's, what kind of numbers do these honda's put down?

turbo 3rd gens go woot woot..
One more thing before you go cutting down on people you push 6.5 PSI? correct how efficient is this big radiator size intercooler plus that little 6.5PSI your pushing?

http://forums.maxima.org/showthread....ht=intercooler

lets take a look here, look at the size of that giant POS intercooler, is a POS because it is not efficient. What do you lose 3PSI and your pulling on Vettes, go outside and keep here clean and win trophies for us

Laterz Z06 killer only in his world of dreams
Old 10-08-2003, 07:39 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by autozonemaxima
here let me bust that big head of yours since no one has the ***** to do so your car stock to the ground puts out say 185HP to the ground correct? gave you some ponies to work with, work with me now. Work with me stay with me, how in the fck did you gain 115HP and torque at 6.5 PSI? answer that question, and dont give me that **** with do I own a turbo cuz your full of **** and full of yourself, three inch exhaust only gives you better spool up not 115HP and torque, and lets see I know a Z06 puts out way over 350HP and torque. You dont even have one of those MEVI's see how full of **** you are, Explain to us how did you do that? are you even close to running 12' s at the track? Z06's run 12s, you run maybe 13.8's, I dont think so your car has some much **** in it I doubt it will pull on a V6 mustang, you just have to admit your car is just for show, like one of those little toy model cars for people to drool on. Your car is nice but do not come over here saying you beat this and walk that, you sound like a young Civic owner, Craig mack will put the smack down on your car, run him, just go and run him and bring us back a video of how many miles you put on his car.
you nailed it. check your PM
Old 10-08-2003, 07:56 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Ok, even if you do have over 300 WHP, your car must weigh at least 3200 lbs without you, all that audio equipment, spare wheel in the trunk, plus riding on 19's. I don't know man. They have a lower drag coefficient plus better gearing and weight around 3100 lbs. What gives??
Old 10-08-2003, 08:04 PM

Originally Posted by IwANnAMaX96
Ok, even if you do have over 300 WHP, your car must weigh at least 3200 lbs without you, all that audio equipment, spare wheel in the trunk, plus riding on 19's. I don't know man. They have a lower drag coefficient plus better gearing and weight around 3100 lbs. What gives??
my 19s all weigh in less than your stock wheels or whatever you have.. guarranteed. All 5 probably still weigh less..

i PMed the others and you can get the same message, I am done whoring this thread, IM me on AIM if you want to talk to further on this, i would love to continue.
Old 10-08-2003, 09:58 PM

lets take a look here, look at the size of that giant POS intercooler, is a POS because it is not efficient. What do you lose 3PSI and your pulling on Vettes
even if you lose pressure in the aftercooler the psi you are reading is pressure at the intake. if he is loosing 3 psi (which i kind of doubt) then he's pushing 9.5 psi before the aftercooler.
Old 10-08-2003, 10:58 PM
My other car is a Hybrid

http://forums.maxima.org/showthread....ht=intercooler

lets take a look here, look at the size of that giant POS intercooler, is a POS because it is not efficient. ...
Laterz Z06 killer only in his world of dreams

Just out of curiousity... Why is a "giant" intercooler a POS?
Are you implying that a larger intercooler=worse performance?
I guess I'm not following your logic.
Old 10-09-2003, 07:34 AM

Originally Posted by Chunger
Just out of curiousity... Why is a "giant" intercooler a POS?
Are you implying that a larger intercooler=worse performance?
I guess I'm not following your logic.

An intercooler that is much larger than necessary can result in increased turbo lag due to the compressibility of the large volume of air it contains. Probably not too noticeable except in extreme cases. I don't think an unnecessarily large intercooler can result in a loss of efficiency, though. If anything, it would help in a transient boosted situation (stop light to stop light race) due to the increase in thermal capacity (mass times specific heat of aluminum) of the intercooler compared to a smaller one.
Old 10-09-2003, 07:41 AM

So the nitrous is just for show? I'm disappointed.
Old 10-09-2003, 08:53 AM
Administrator

Originally Posted by Craig Mack
Jase, if your ego was MPG's, I could travel to china and back 5 times on one tank.

oh **** .. thats the funniest thing i have seen from Craig
Old 10-09-2003, 09:15 AM
My other car is a Hybrid

Originally Posted by Stephen Max
An intercooler that is much larger than necessary can result in increased turbo lag due to the compressibility of the large volume of air it contains. Probably not too noticeable except in extreme cases. I don't think an unnecessarily large intercooler can result in a loss of efficiency, though. If anything, it would help in a transient boosted situation (stop light to stop light race) due to the increase in thermal capacity (mass times specific heat of aluminum) of the intercooler compared to a smaller one.

Actually my question was directed more at autozonemaxima...

The "near insignificant" increase in "lag" is more than offset by the increased ability to lower charged air and the lower air resistance due to the increase # rows of a larger intercooler, especially with turbos that can turn up the wick to make use of the detonation threshold. You lose more potentially with the increased intercooler piping and bends than with the slightly increase air volume in the intercooler.
Old 10-09-2003, 10:46 AM

So the nitrous is just for show? I'm disappointed.
go ahead.. gimme the old

if it helps the situation, i got it for free and didn't spend any money on it

it's nice to see some other intelligent people in this thread, i also find it funny that only one person who was in this conversation that I asked to IM me has done so... makes you wonder if some people realize when they have made themselves look like idiots.

my PWR intercooler is probably top 3 of the most efficient intercoolers made, they have a 0.02% loss rating on PSI. you can reread mtcookson's post as well to maybe understand how loss of psi works.
Old 10-09-2003, 11:29 AM

go ahead.. gimme the old

if it helps the situation, i got it for free and didn't spend any money on it

it's nice to see some other intelligent people in this thread, i also find it funny that only one person who was in this conversation that I asked to IM me has done so... makes you wonder if some people realize when they have made themselves look like idiots.

my PWR intercooler is probably top 3 of the most efficient intercoolers made, they have a 0.02% loss rating on PSI. you can reread mtcookson's post as well to maybe understand how loss of psi works.

thank you Stephenmax, for clearing up the boost loss in the intercooler. Thebigstraggler I am way more intelligent then you are. I don’t have my head way up in the rear of my jeans (a*sss) unlike you. Apparently you think this crowd is full of young kids. Here once again I don’t need to get on AIM and argue as I have nothing to prove unlike you who always needs :attention, correct? Okay lets move on, explain the simple math I asked for? 185HP plus the 115HP, and the big HP and torque difference of a Z06, who weighs whole lot less then you do? How did you manage to pull on that vette? 6.5 PSI is not a lot of boost, I mean I could believe your Bshyt if you those NX nozzles where in use, other then that I call your claim all BS. One more thing you’re a noob when it comes to 5-speed shifting and you said in your other post you drive like a grandma, let alone you would not have a clue how to drive on a ¼ of a mile. I call it BS so you can have a the best intercooler ever you cant pull on a Z06, want me to drag some Z06 owners to this post and you explain to them how did you do that and then we all laugh at you?
Old 10-09-2003, 11:48 AM
Eat, sleep, and sh*t 2JZ

and if you are referring to me you can take this short quiz to figure out why I didn't IM you....

Why didn't I IM you?? (Choose the BEST answer)
a. I could care less what you have to tell me
b. I'm not the type to carry on "I claim to beat this" arguments
c. I still could really care less(if you won, you won...I don't believe it but oh well thats my opinion, tough ****, deal)
d. Petty arguments like this don't bother me I have better things to do
e. I don't wear my ego on my sleeve, so whatever you say I just laugh off(ESPECIALLY anything you say about me cause it means nothing as far as I care...talk on matter of fact log on AIM pretend I'm there and talk to yourself...bet that'll get that ego a flowin)
f. All of the above

If you fail I'll be available later on today for afterschool help
Old 10-09-2003, 12:55 PM

thank you Stephenmax, for clearing up the boost loss in the intercooler. Thebigstraggler I am way more intelligent then you are. I don’t have my head way up in the rear of my jeans (a*sss) unlike you. Apparently you think this crowd is full of young kids. Here once again I don’t need to get on AIM and argue as I have nothing to prove unlike you who always needs :attention, correct? Okay lets move on, explain the simple math I asked for? 185HP plus the 115HP, and the big HP and torque difference of a Z06, who weighs whole lot less then you do? How did you manage to pull on that vette? 6.5 PSI is not a lot of boost, I mean I could believe your Bshyt if you those NX nozzles where in use, other then that I call your claim all BS. One more thing you’re a noob when it comes to 5-speed shifting and you said in your other post you drive like a grandma, let alone you would not have a clue how to drive on a ¼ of a mile. I call it BS so you can have a the best intercooler ever you cant pull on a Z06, want me to drag some Z06 owners to this post and you explain to them how did you do that and then we all laugh at you?
I've never met someone who has known me so well and known so much about me, I am flattered you follow all of my posts and take stock in whatever I say, really I am. I am a noob you are right, I forget that you drive a turbo maxima as well and you know what it's like.

And to DA-MAX, it's cool if I am a waste of your time and you think that I have this huge ego, I was actually trying to be an adult about it and take this out of this forum, you can take to iwanna96max or whatever and ask him if our conversation was completely worthless.

when it comes down to it, neither of you know anything about me, because if you did you would know that i have no ego whatsoever and that i am the furthest thing from cocky or arrogant.
Old 10-09-2003, 01:08 PM

my 19s all weigh in less than your stock wheels or whatever you have.. guarranteed. All 5 probably still weigh less..

i PMed the others and you can get the same message, I am done whoring this thread, IM me on AIM if you want to talk to further on this, i would love to continue.

with about 300HP and torque if you have that much power going to the ground which is bullsh1t, dont you think you will lose traction? Yes you will lose traction. And PSI for PSI you dont put out the best numbers. You know who puts out the best numbers PSI for PSI and does not come here bragging about it like you do? Nigel, Turbo97SE, now you see my man right there he can pull on a Z06 and we can believe that. Now you and your all no go all show car wont pull on a Z06.

Why do you want to chat on AIM? what do you have to prove? I am just one less **** sweating your ****, all these soft ***** sweating you I am not.
Old 10-09-2003, 01:10 PM

Gota love turbos....right Jason
Old 10-09-2003, 01:12 PM
Handsome

Old 10-09-2003, 01:23 PM

with about 300HP and torque if you have that much power going to the ground which is bullsh1t, dont you think you will lose traction? Yes you will lose traction. And PSI for PSI you dont put out the best numbers. You know who puts out the best numbers PSI for PSI and does not come here bragging about it like you do? Nigel, Turbo97SE, now you see my man right there he can pull on a Z06 and we can believe that. Now you and your all no go all show car wont pull on a Z06.

Why do you want to chat on AIM? what do you have to prove? I am just one less **** sweating your ****, all these soft ***** sweating you I am not.
YES!!! I was waiting for that.. God, I was sitting here just on the edge of my chair..

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE post nigel's numbers, please post them.. with the correction, this is going to be great, i am getting some
Old 10-09-2003, 01:41 PM

Was it for sure the 405 hp Z06? The 2001 Z06's had 385 hp at 6000 rpm. At 15% drivetrain loss that's about 327.25 hp at 6000 rpm. It's puts 385 ft lb of torque down at 4800 so it puts out about 327.25 ft lb of torque at the wheels at 4800 rpm.

Depending on what turbo he has 6.5 psi could be a lot of power. I can push 5 psi into a tire pressure guage but that's not going to add power to my engine. If his turbo can push a high volume of air at 6.5 psi then it could be possible he has the power to beat a Z06. A slip from a dyno would be nice, though, so we know what kind of power the car is pushing.

the curb weight of a 2001 Z06 is 3130# and the curb weight for a 1998 Maxima is 3014# both stock but I'm sure most of you knew this.
Old 10-09-2003, 06:59 PM
Rice Boy in Denial =)

Over 300 whp with only 6.5 PSI?

Got a dyno sheet?
Old 10-09-2003, 07:02 PM
All YOUR grammer belong to me

Originally Posted by Y2KevSE
Over 300 whp with only 6.5 PSI?

Got a dyno sheet?

MiStEr KeViN GeE has SPOKEN.
Old 10-09-2003, 07:24 PM

Dyno sheet pwease, this is very interesting? over 300HP to the ground or you mean to the crank? 6.5 PSI or 10.5 PSI any other mods aside from the exhaust work?

Makes me want a turbo
Old 10-09-2003, 08:26 PM
VG Ridah's Biatch Hoe

Originally Posted by JAY25
Dyno sheet pwease, this is very interesting? over 300HP to the ground or you mean to the crank? 6.5 PSI or 10.5 PSI any other mods aside from the exhaust work?

Makes me want a turbo

Be there bright and early tomorrow

AND just to stay on topic,Jason, I am NOT calling you a liar, but I drove a 2003 Z06.

And if I make near the same amount of power as you, if it was a 2003, he should have beat you DOWN.

And I am with kev, 300 WHP @ 8 PSI NO SAFC OR MEVI?

I find that hard to swallow.

Now, if it was a 2001 z06 maybe, ANY C5 and I will agree, the z06 just has ALOT of power and unless they are hauling a u-haul full of wet news-papers they should be 400-600 LBS LESS than your ride

Again, Not calling BS or you a liar.

Just seems a little out of reach for 8 PSI.. Make it 10+ PSI and a SAFC or JWT ecu and injectors, And I will agree 100%

edited for spelling
Old 10-09-2003, 08:51 PM
Rice Boy in Denial =)

8 psi is a tad more on track, but 6.5 seems a teeny bit low for the amount of power from the T3/T4 hybrid.

Maybe we misunderstood something here... or missed a point J made.
Old 10-09-2003, 10:05 PM
VG Ridah's Biatch Hoe

at 6.5 psi and 3" exhaust i am well over 300whp..

Kev this is what I see... Jay was talking CODE to me.. so back in your HOLE AND GO TO THE DYNO
Old 10-10-2003, 12:37 AM
Rice Boy in Denial =)

Originally Posted by bags533
Kev this is what I see... Jay was talking CODE to me.. so back in your HOLE AND GO TO THE DYNO
Jason kept telling people to IM him and to take the discussion offline, so I figured we might have missed something.

Jaime was talking code?
Old 10-10-2003, 04:35 AM

Originally Posted by Y2KevSE
Jason kept telling people to IM him and to take the discussion offline, so I figured we might have missed something.

Jaime was talking code?

but thats not fair to take the discussion offline why not share what goodies or tricks makes a turbo car at 6.5 PSI gain over 115 Horsies and yet spank a Z06, I mean Kirk drove a Z06 and myself or kirk would like to make a little film against that Z06 baggs drove to show these disbelievers that a boosted max can beat a Z06
Old 10-10-2003, 08:51 AM
All YOUR grammer belong to me

Originally Posted by JAY25
but thats not fair to take the discussion offline why not share what goodies or tricks makes a turbo car at 6.5 PSI gain over 115 Horsies and yet spank a Z06, I mean Kirk drove a Z06 and myself or kirk would like to make a little film against that Z06 baggs drove to show these disbelievers that a boosted max can beat a Z06

Mr. Run-on sentence has SPOKEN!
Old 10-10-2003, 09:02 AM
ejj

Originally Posted by Craig Mack
Mr. Run-on sentence has SPOKEN!
Old 10-10-2003, 09:10 AM
Redlinemax Owner

This is so funny because One of my sole purposes in me building my car is to beat my neighbors z06.So we are waiting for my car to come back we've got this little rivalry going on. but hopefully when i get back i will be pushing 14psi to whip his ****.

If Jay did it at 6, then hmmmmmm. LOL
I wasnt even going to try at 6
Old 10-10-2003, 09:55 AM

Blah blah blah.. I gave my 5psi dyno with 2.25" exhaust numbers, I could get you a dyno sheet, but it' out of my control..

I have said before and I will say again I HAVE NOT DYNOED at 6.5psi with the 3" exhaust.. i was TOLD by a very good DYNO TUNER that I would make at around 330whp at 7psi with 3" exhaust. I trust the knowledge of someone who does this all day everyday and drives at 1000+ HP car.

And to be honest, I am almost 99% sure that it was a 2001 Z06, but I didn't ask the guy, he just told me it was a Z06 and it had the Z06 wheels/badges and the hardtop. He could have been lying.

It all comes down to what you believe and what you know, I know powerband and I know what happened on the road, if no ones wants to believe then get a cookie and shut up.. I really can't do anything but say what happened I have no video.

Old 10-10-2003, 10:55 AM

Blah blah blah.. I gave my 5psi dyno with 2.25" exhaust numbers, I could get you a dyno sheet, but it' out of my control..

I have said before and I will say again I HAVE NOT DYNOED at 6.5psi with the 3" exhaust.. (i was TOLD by a very good DYNO TUNER that I would make at around 330whp at 7psi with 3" exhaust. I trust the knowledge of someone who does this all day everyday and drives at 1000+ HP car.

And to be honest, I am almost 99% sure that it was a 2001 Z06, but I didn't ask the guy, he just told me it was a Z06 and it had the Z06 wheels/badges and the hardtop. He could have been lying.

It all comes down to what you believe and what you know, I know powerband and I know what happened on the road, if no ones wants to believe then get a cookie and shut up.. I really can't do anything but say what happened I have no video.

Key word is you have not dynoed. One more time you have not even dynoed. And some Joe who wants your business just told you exactly what you wanted to hear your funny there you go you dont know your shyt period. Stick to show your doing just fine. Go back and tell him Joe number two told you he is full of shyt. A three inch exhaust is not going to make you gain 40 hp and 40 lbs torque he does not know maximas. I beat a Z06 last night and walked and M3. I dont care if the org does not believe me but I did. you have just been owned big straggler
Old 10-10-2003, 11:53 AM

No, the exhaust isn't going to give 40 hp. But with the new exhaust, the boost rose 1.5 psi also. Until we get the dyno with 3" exhaust, we really won't know though. It wouldn't be unheard of to get 40 hp with a bigger exhaust and the boost going up though. At 5 psi and the old exhaust, the car made 256 whp.

Key word is you have not dynoed. One more time you have not even dynoed. And some Joe who wants your business just told you exactly what you wanted to hear your funny there you go you dont know your shyt period. Stick to show your doing just fine. Go back and tell him Joe number two told you he is full of shyt. A three inch exhaust is not going to make you gain 40 hp and 40 lbs torque he does not know maximas. I beat a Z06 last night and walked and M3. I dont care if the org does not believe me but I did. you have just been owned big straggler
Old 10-10-2003, 11:55 AM

It's at 6.5-7 psi right now I think. He does have the AFC on there though, and it was dyno tuned with the old exhaust.

No MEVI though.

Originally Posted by bags533

And I am with kev, 300 WHP @ 8 PSI NO SAFC OR MEVI?

I find that hard to swallow.

edited for spelling
Old 10-10-2003, 12:05 PM

Very true. I was worried about Jason's IC size too at first since it's not running high boost. But the Tial WG in his car is set for 7 psi, and he sees 6.5 psi so it's not too inefficient luckily.

Old 10-10-2003, 12:43 PM
Redlinemax Owner

mardi gras did add an extra 40 horses by just adding an exhaust
Old 10-10-2003, 01:24 PM

Originally Posted by Redmax
mardi gras did add an extra 40 horses by just adding an exhaust
But that was with 15 psi of boost. You'll see less gains at lower boost.
Old 10-10-2003, 02:02 PM
Redlinemax Owner

true very true

Quick Reply: Supercharged Guys: People say i'm fast, but is what i'm doing cheating?