Supercharged/Turbocharged The increase in air/fuel pressure above atmospheric pressure in the intake system caused by the action of a supercharger or turbocharger attached to an engine.

Time To Get Rid Of Inline Pump,need Help!

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2003, 04:12 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Time To Get Rid Of Inline Pump,need Help!

Ok I've Decided To Get Rid Of The Inline Pump That Stillen Gives In Their Supercharger Kits And Need To Know What Kind Of Pump To Buy Where On The Internet To Buy And What Do I Need To Make It Work. I Don't Like The Idea Of High Fuel Pressure At Redline(7000rpms) That A High Output Pump Gives But I'am Not Ready To Change Injectors,maf,and Re-re Program My Jwt Ecu. What Are My Options? I Hear Alot About Ajustable Fpr But Don't Know Enough About Them To Just Jump Right Into. So I Have Afew Questions To Ask, How Do They Work? What Type Of Conections Are Needed? What Kind To Buy, And Where To Buy? What Are The Pros And Cons Of Ajustable Fpr? Do I Have To Change My Fmu? Thanks Dave
Old 10-07-2003, 04:32 PM
My other car is a Hybrid

INFO HERE

I'd suggest an "off rail" adjustable FPR to lower the base fuel pressure back to 35psi... I'm using a SARD but some others are using Cartech, AEM, etc.
Old 10-07-2003, 06:21 PM

pump I got

Originally Posted by Chunger
INFO HERE

I'd suggest an "off rail" adjustable FPR to lower the base fuel pressure back to 35psi... I'm using a SARD but some others are using Cartech, AEM, etc.
I put in a holley 255lph pump and did nothing else, the only thing I need to do is build a fuel pick up as the holley/walbro 255lph pump just come with the press on strainer- and you must build a angled pickup to the strainer. I run the normal fuel psi at idle and just a little higher than normal at 3000 rpm about 43-45 maybe and when boost comes in the fmu takes over and the psi goes up like it should. really great add on I bought mine from epp in fort wayne indiana, just tell them you want the same one as the guy with supercharged maxima got- it was like 165.00 bucks they are real competitive with summit racing as far as price goes.
Old 10-08-2003, 12:30 AM
My other car is a Hybrid

The GSS342 is direct bolt on and the factory pickup fits w/o mods...

Costs about $113 (you don't need the DSM install kit).

Click Here for APE.

I'm not sure if the Holley is just a rebadged Walbro... If the base fuel pressure is "stock" then the Holley may not be the "hi-pressure" version which is vital for those using a FMU which raises the fuel pressure (certain Nitrous kits do too).
Old 10-08-2003, 05:24 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by Chunger
The GSS342 is direct bolt on and the factory pickup fits w/o mods...

Costs about $113 (you don't need the DSM install kit).

Click Here for APE.

I'm not sure if the Holley is just a rebadged Walbro... If the base fuel pressure is "stock" then the Holley may not be the "hi-pressure" version which is vital for those using a FMU which raises the fuel pressure (certain Nitrous kits do too).

he has the write up with pics, post them chunger or link it
Old 10-08-2003, 06:28 AM
Permanent Maxima.org Resident

You are running the jwt n/a ecu with the blower?

Originally Posted by daveauth21
I Don't Like The Idea Of High Fuel Pressure At Redline(7000rpms) That A High Output Pump Gives But I'am Not Ready To Change Injectors,maf,and Re-re Program My Jwt Ecu. Thanks Dave
Old 10-08-2003, 06:41 AM

A SCed Maxima in New Orleans? Interesting...I would like to see it.
Old 10-08-2003, 08:13 AM

I Have A Jwt Ecu But Only Have The Extended Rev Limiter And The Lost Of Speed Limiter. What About The Adj Fpr? Which One Is Best Oh And Yeah I'am Sc But Not Really In New Orleans More Like Houma(i'am Sure You Know Where That Is) My Brother Lives In Baton Rouge And If Things Work Out With The Car I Sould Be Around There This Weekend. Where Exactly Do You Live? Your Profile Says Harvey, Thats About An Hour From Here
Old 10-08-2003, 09:15 AM

Oh And Yeah I'am Sc But Not Really In New Orleans More Like Houma(i'am Sure You Know Where That Is) My Brother Lives In Baton Rouge And If Things Work Out With The Car I Sould Be Around There This Weekend. Where Exactly Do You Live? Your Profile Says Harvey, Thats About An Hour From Here

Yes, I live in Harvey. It's in the Westbank. Have you even taken the car to the track? A few of us are heading to No Problem Raceway in Donaldsville today. There will be a turbocharged 5th gen Maxima going too. You should meet up with us sometimes. Check out the Southeast Forum sometimes to see if we have anything going on.
Old 10-08-2003, 09:34 AM

thanks i wish i could make it but my maxima is giving me some problems and i don't want to be upset after a bad run at the track. but as soon as it starts to run better i will let you know and will be heading to the track. i have a question for you ,do you know where i can get dynoed at? i've looked around and haven't been able to find one. thanks hope to see you guys soon at the track dave
Old 10-08-2003, 09:46 AM

thanks i wish i could make it but my maxima is giving me some problems and i don't want to be upset after a bad run at the track. but as soon as it starts to run better i will let you know and will be heading to the track. i have a question for you ,do you know where i can get dynoed at? i've looked around and haven't been able to find one. thanks hope to see you guys soon at the track dave

There is one place that I know. It's in Baton Rouge, place is called Lightning Motorsports. Guys over there seem to be pretty knowledgeable. If you have a SAFC, they can even help you tuned the car and pick up some good horsepower(heard of 20-25 hp gains) just from proper tuning.
Old 10-08-2003, 10:58 AM
My other car is a Hybrid

Originally Posted by JAY25
he has the write up with pics, post them chunger or link it
For install of Walbro
Old 10-08-2003, 12:55 PM

Originally Posted by crewchief264
I put in a holley 255lph pump and did nothing else, the only thing I need to do is build a fuel pick up as the holley/walbro 255lph pump just come with the press on strainer- and you must build a angled pickup to the strainer. I run the normal fuel psi at idle and just a little higher than normal at 3000 rpm about 43-45 maybe and when boost comes in the fmu takes over and the psi goes up like it should. really great add on I bought mine from epp in fort wayne indiana, just tell them you want the same one as the guy with supercharged maxima got- it was like 165.00 bucks they are real competitive with summit racing as far as price goes.

So do you guys think the pump I installed is incorrect. All I did was to bypass the inline pump and changed nothing else, I've noticed no change in fuel psi from before and I only run 6psi, although I did have 9 psi on for a while and the fuel psi would go up higher (like maybe i saw 75psi at full 9psi) than it did with 6psi pulley, as I made more boost.
Old 10-08-2003, 01:32 PM
My other car is a Hybrid

Originally Posted by crewchief264
So do you guys think the pump I installed is incorrect. All I did was to bypass the inline pump and changed nothing else, I've noticed no change in fuel psi from before and I only run 6psi, although I did have 9 psi on for a while and the fuel psi would go up higher (like maybe i saw 75psi at full 9psi) than it did with 6psi pulley, as I made more boost.

Hard to say without knowing the specs of the Holley...

If you're EGT's are fine... (or you don't have problems with the sparkplugs being white/glazed over due to lean conditions)... no worries.
Old 10-08-2003, 02:15 PM

Dave you know what you need to do is send that ECU back to JW and have him program your ECU for the supercharger, how ever if your wise this guy here in atlanta has a 5 speed 96se, buy his JW ECU which ahs the supercharger program with 7200RPM Rev limiter and turn yours over and strip the FMU off and just run your car. All you will need is the walbro fuel pump and youll be ready to roll
Old 10-08-2003, 03:17 PM

but i'am an auto,how much does he want for it? i was asked time and time again if i just wanted the sc program, it was just a hundred dollars more but i didn't want to have to buy the injectors and maf from jwt thats why i settled for just the raised rev limiter. you know if my car would run right i will see 12psi at 7000rpms with my current 3.1 pulley right now i'am seeing a little over 11 psi at 6700rpms thats cool!!!
Old 10-08-2003, 03:17 PM
Permanent Maxima.org Resident

injectors?

Originally Posted by JAY25
Dave you know what you need to do is send that ECU back to JW and have him program your ECU for the supercharger, how ever if your wise this guy here in atlanta has a 5 speed 96se, buy his JW ECU which ahs the supercharger program with 7200RPM Rev limiter and turn yours over and strip the FMU off and just run your car. All you will need is the walbro fuel pump and youll be ready to roll
Old 10-08-2003, 03:39 PM

Originally Posted by Confused
injectors?

doooooooohhhh I forgot the injectors and your auto, never mind sorry scratch that complete idea out sorry.
Old 10-09-2003, 06:52 AM
Old Maxima Legend

dave: whats up man ? had some good runs last night ? how was your videos ... lets do a file swap soon !

your 4th gen is SMOOTH !