Supercharged/Turbocharged The increase in air/fuel pressure above atmospheric pressure in the intake system caused by the action of a supercharger or turbocharger attached to an engine.

My Roots dream is becoming a reality!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2003 | 01:35 PM
All YOUR grammer belong to me

My Roots dream is becoming a reality!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FJLKEWFJLF#FL;@F*@()F**F)@*F@()F*@#UIF@#

YEA!

Well, I called Tom (my boost guy) back today, and he said he would do it! He said if I provide the blower/pulley, he will fab the setup for ~$2000-$2500!! I'm soo excited, I hope this all works out. If anyone knows where I can get an M90 or MP90 remanufactored blower for cheap, please let me know, b/c I need to order it ASAP!!!!
Old 10-15-2003 | 01:45 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

me Craig

Why don't you go turbo instead? I sure would if I had a 5spd.
Old 10-15-2003 | 01:50 PM
LeX
Nissan by Nature

it's the ingenuity, rock on
Old 10-15-2003 | 01:51 PM

f#ck turbo. everyone keeps telling me to turbo. well, i'll say it again. f#ck turbo.
Old 10-15-2003 | 02:10 PM

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=2436692878

47,000 miles on it, but its going for soo cheap and looks really clean! Should I get it?????????????
Old 10-15-2003 | 02:15 PM
living out of a maxima...

this one is 599

this one is at 100 right now

another one

another one
Old 10-15-2003 | 02:26 PM

so you are going to run the vortech and the eaton together?
Old 10-15-2003 | 02:32 PM

1st one is a keychain

middle ones are peices of crap

The last one looks to be a candidate! I emailed the guy about the mileage!
Old 10-15-2003 | 02:36 PM

Replies needed good sirs!!!
Old 10-15-2003 | 02:38 PM

Originally Posted by [maxi-overdose]
so you are going to run the vortech and the eaton together?

Noooooo, some lucky lucky person gets to be the next owner of it.
Old 10-15-2003 | 02:46 PM

Originally Posted by Craig Mack
1st one is a keychain

middle ones are peices of crap

The last one looks to be a candidate! I emailed the guy about the mileage!
Well good luck, I'd love to see this done. What comes with the M90 stock? GTP? Maybe you can find one in a junkyard.
Old 10-15-2003 | 02:53 PM
A couple of Blaxxx's? Lawls.

congrats, but isnt there a superchargersonline.com or something?
Old 10-15-2003 | 03:12 PM
Jer

I second JeffesonM!

Don't worry about mileage on a roots.. just keep in mind to change the s/c oil every 45k or so/make sure it's level regularly (you can pick up replacement oil from GM since they use Eatons as well - just about $5-6/bottle - and if memory serves me correctly you can use 2 bottles to fill).

This is a very interesting project... I miss the sound of my M90... please keep us updated as you may have a f'ed up canadian counterpart who might be interested in this next
Old 10-15-2003 | 03:17 PM

Originally Posted by Jer
I second JeffesonM!

Don't worry about mileage on a roots.. just keep in mind to change the s/c oil every 45k or so/make sure it's level regularly (you can pick up replacement oil from GM since they use Eatons as well - just about $5-6/bottle - and if memory serves me correctly you can use 2 bottles to fill).

This is a very interesting project... I miss the sound of my M90... please keep us updated as you may have a f'ed up canadian counterpart who might be interested in this next

Well, the last link Jefferson provided seems to be a blower that is close to new....If he doesnt get back to me in time of the close of the first auction, should I go ahead and bid on the 45,000 miles one?

I am really excited!

Slimer, Superchargersonline.com doesn't have any Eaton products. And besides, all the other headunits they sell cost big bucks.
Old 10-15-2003 | 03:19 PM

Originally Posted by LeX
it's the ingenuity, rock on
thank you sir
Old 10-15-2003 | 03:53 PM
RIP '98 Maxima SE

more power to you, sir!
Old 10-15-2003 | 04:11 PM

As is said with all projects......plenty of pics/writeup!
Old 10-15-2003 | 04:14 PM

eaton blowers suck *****.
Old 10-15-2003 | 04:30 PM
Eat, sleep, and sh*t 2JZ

good luck man, I hope its worth it... still don't see the point but ah well...you'll have your "whine" after all
Old 10-15-2003 | 04:31 PM

Originally Posted by Battle Max V2.0
eaton blowers suck *****.
Your right!

Who wants almost full boost off idle?

Who wants that awesome whine?

Who wants Eaton reliability?

Who wants the simplicity of a Supercharger setup?

Who wants gobs of torque?

Crazyness! I better just stick with my lag charger or go with a turbo and prepare to break things.
Old 10-15-2003 | 05:02 PM

dude you're crazy but I LIKE IT! GOOD LUCK to you on ur new project, i'm sure the s/c turbo community all wants to see this monster when its complete. ORIGINALITY FACTOR = BIG PIMP points in my book. . eheheh
Old 10-15-2003 | 05:33 PM

Dude you gonna put a huge hole in your hood? Maybe you can be the first max to use a carbuereter, Ive got an old holly double pumper sitting around. Too bad your car is FWD, but i say tub out the back end anyway, maybe we can get some respect from those domestic guys...
Old 10-15-2003 | 05:35 PM

Originally Posted by on_alert
Dude you gonna put a huge hole in your hood? Maybe you can be the first max to use a carbuereter, Ive got an old holly double pumper sitting around. Too bad your car is FWD, but i say tub out the back end anyway, maybe we can get some respect from those domestic guys...
Using same intake manifold, not mounting on top, no need for hood cowl. Battery will need to be relocated, though.
Old 10-15-2003 | 06:10 PM

I'm the proud new owner of a pretty Eaton M90 blower!!!!!!!! $345!

Old 10-15-2003 | 06:36 PM

Originally Posted by slammed95
I don't mean to be negative, but I'm willing to bet that this will never happen.

And what are you talking about "Who wants the simplicity of a Supercharger setup?" It doesn't get more simple than a basic turbo setup.

Well, at least you can dream.

Does it itch? It's not healthy to have all that sand in your vagina, slammed. It must itch!!

Do you want the # of my boost guy? Becuase you can call him if you want. If he doesn't pick up, just tell him Negitive Nancy is calling and to call you back.

This isn't based on "good hopes". I talked to him today, he told me he will do it, and to call him tommorow immediently to let him know when my blower will get here. So unless he bugs out at the last minute (not like him at all) or something freakish happens, it's going to happen.
Old 10-15-2003 | 07:00 PM
www.autotalk.com

Does it itch? It's not healthy to have all that sand in your vagina, slammed. It must itch!!

Do you want the # of my boost guy? Becuase you can call him if you want. If he doesn't pick up, just tell him Negitive Nancy is calling and to call you back.

This isn't based on "good hopes". I talked to him today, he told me he will do it, and to call him tommorow immediently to let him know when my blower will get here. So unless he bugs out at the last minute (not like him at all) or something freakish happens, it's going to happen.
Goodluck Craig! You and your Roots Dream ;-)
Old 10-15-2003 | 07:37 PM

Originally Posted by Max4Speed
Goodluck Craig! You and your Roots Dream ;-)
Thanks.
Old 10-15-2003 | 09:26 PM

Congrats on the blower, now get that thing whining.
Using same intake manifold, not mounting on top, no need for hood cowl. Battery will need to be relocated, though.
I think you should stick it on top and do up one of the SS hoods you were thinking about before.
Old 10-15-2003 | 11:39 PM

Nice Craig, can't wait to see it, just outta curioisity where would this be mounted, since its not gonna be mounted on top? Good Luck
Old 10-16-2003 | 04:38 AM

Let us know when is done. Ill drive down to florida.
Old 10-16-2003 | 05:21 AM
Eat, sleep, and sh*t 2JZ

Originally Posted by JeffesonM
do up one of the SS hoods you were thinking about before.
please dont
Old 10-16-2003 | 09:52 AM

You watch far too much South Park.
Old 10-16-2003 | 10:05 AM
I'm needing a caw

Cool. How much does it take to rebuild one of these??

A torque SC and a VQ30 is going to be interesting. Does this thing flow well enough at the high rpm range also. I don't think the GM3800 motor was a rever so the Eaton didn't have to worry about high rpm stuff

I'm the proud new owner of a pretty Eaton M90 blower!!!!!!!! $345!

Old 10-16-2003 | 10:34 AM

Your right!

Who wants almost full boost off idle?

Who wants that awesome whine?

Who wants Eaton reliability?

Who wants the simplicity of a Supercharger setup?

Who wants gobs of torque?

Crazyness! I better just stick with my lag charger or go with a turbo and prepare to break things.
Me,me,me,me,me!
Good luck man!
Old 10-16-2003 | 10:40 AM

Originally Posted by Jeff92se
Cool. How much does it take to rebuild one of these??

A torque SC and a VQ30 is going to be interesting. Does this thing flow well enough at the high rpm range also. I don't think the GM3800 motor was a rever so the Eaton didn't have to worry about high rpm stuff

Well, that's the problem with a roots type blower, the efficiency falls way off at high rpm. My feeling is that a centrifugal blower is a better match for an engine that can rev as high as the VQ, but Craig knows what he wants and what he wants is low end power and sound, so more powah to him.

Good luck, Craig! Lead the way.
Old 10-16-2003 | 11:34 AM

Originally Posted by Stephen Max
Well, that's the problem with a roots type blower, the efficiency falls way off at high rpm. My feeling is that a centrifugal blower is a better match for an engine that can rev as high as the VQ, but Craig knows what he wants and what he wants is low end power and sound, so more powah to him.

Good luck, Craig! Lead the way.
After reading up on superchargers.com, it sounds like the twin-screw blower offers the best of both worlds.

Craig, any particular reason you're going for the Roots type?
Old 10-16-2003 | 01:50 PM

Originally Posted by JeffesonM
After reading up on superchargers.com, it sounds like the twin-screw blower offers the best of both worlds.

Craig, any particular reason you're going for the Roots type?
Becuase twin screws are BIG bucks, and hard to find used.

I think the ultimate setup would be an intercooled eaton m90 with a MEVI for more top end.

Today I was at a stoplight, and some guys in a truck were beside me and kept staring at my car and talking. I rolled down the window and they go, "is that thing supercharged?" Yeah. "What kind of supercharger do you have?" A Vortech. "Thats awesome!" Then I gave her a little revv and they started

I wish Eaton made their blowers noisy like the Vortech V1's. I'm really going to miss that V1 blower screetch and especially the BOV. Now, no one will know for sure that I am supercharged at stoplights....that is, unless I revv!

I think I am going to start off at stock boost (3.8 pulley) which is 5-6psi. To do a pulley swap you have to use a special tool to get the pulley off or replace the entire nose drive. I need to start reading up at clubgtp to see if the gains are good. I read somewhere online that Eaton designed the M90 for best gains/reliability with the stock blower, and that upping the boost won't really yeild much gain.

I bet an intercooler would be killer. Having almost full boost off idle means theres going to be lots of initial power potential for an intercooler. I also hear the eaton blowers get really hot which is another bonus for intercooling. We are going to set the blower up so we can make a future FMIC easily.

I think the GTP's redline at what, 5800rpm? So, I wonder how much extra power will fall off after that, to 6600rpm. I am hoping not more then ~1psi.

I am going to have the guy 2 day air the blower to me, but the friggen weekend means that it won't get here till monday. My boost guy said its going to take ~4-5 days to fabricate this kit for me.
Old 10-16-2003 | 02:49 PM

Today I was at a stoplight, and some guys in a truck were beside me and kept staring at my car and talking. I rolled down the window and they go, "is that thing supercharged?" Yeah. "What kind of supercharger do you have?" A Vortech. "Thats awesome!" Then I gave her a little revv and they started

I wish Eaton made their blowers noisy like the Vortech V1's. I'm really going to miss that V1 blower screetch and especially the BOV. Now, no one will know for sure that I am supercharged at stoplights....that is, unless I revv!

I have never heard of anyone being as obssessed and hung up on how their exhaust/engine/blower sounds as you are....how come you drive yourself so crazy over the sounds your car makes???

Just wonderin....

-Tony
Old 10-16-2003 | 02:51 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

tony.. let craigy jerk his little thingy a little more and have dudes pull up next to him and slobber on his slow car.
Old 10-16-2003 | 02:55 PM
Handsome

Craig definatly get a V1 dyno and a Eaton dyno to compare to. Tom said he could do it in five days? That is very impressive!

Where is he going to mount it that would not require a hood modification?

Congrats to you, I hope everything works out perfectly.

Quick Reply: My Roots dream is becoming a reality!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!