Supercharged/Turbocharged The increase in air/fuel pressure above atmospheric pressure in the intake system caused by the action of a supercharger or turbocharger attached to an engine.

Turbo my Maxima?

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2003, 11:02 PM

Turbo my Maxima?

I really would like to either add a turbocharger to my car or a supercharger to it. But I am still cotemplating on whether I should or not. First, I got my Maxima a month ago, and it has 78k miles on it. I drive around 30-40 miles a day. I saw that superchargers require 92+ octane, and where I live the highest you can find is 91 octane. I want a fast car sometime in college, but I don't know if I should try to make the Maxima fast or if I should get a different car in a couple of years, like a Camaro or something, and make that fast. Luckily I have a friend that knows how to install turbochargers and superchargers, so that is a plus. I know I am rambling on a lot but I really am lost right now. What do you think I should do: 1. Simple mods on the Maxima and save up my money for another car later on, or 2. Go for the turbocharger or a supercharger and make my car fast.
Old 10-29-2003, 11:05 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Comes down to home much money you want to invest? You ready to drop about 4k-5k on a turbo/sc setup?

Dixit
Old 10-30-2003, 07:30 AM

Originally Posted by BigDogJonx
Comes down to home much money you want to invest? You ready to drop about 4k-5k on a turbo/sc setup?

Dixit
I could drop that much, but I am just worried about how the supercharger or turbocharger will affect my engine overtime. I just don't want it to break down.
Old 10-30-2003, 07:43 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by Unir3
I could drop that much, but I am just worried about how the supercharger or turbocharger will affect my engine overtime. I just don't want it to break down.
Well it wont happen if you are careful and monitor all the necessary items and keep a good eye on it.

It all comes down to maintenance and tuning it. As long as they are done you will be fine. But then again driving the car like a rental car everyday wont make the above matter. Half of the issues you see here really come down to user error.

Dixit