Supercharged/Turbocharged The increase in air/fuel pressure above atmospheric pressure in the intake system caused by the action of a supercharger or turbocharger attached to an engine.

If today were a measure of forward movement... I would still be in bed

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2003, 04:59 PM
VG Ridah's Biatch Hoe

If today were a measure of forward movement... I would still be in bed

Well, let's see..... I guess I'll pick up where I left off.

I pulled the tranny off yesterday and found that only 1/4 of an inch of the crank hole was stripped. The begining of the hole was stripped. So if I got longer bolts, they should work.

So, today I go and get 2 sizes up from the stock bolt size. I get a nice flat washer. Great everything seems on track.

We ( JUSTIN and I, Thanks a millon justin ) try and install the new longer bolts and they are VERY hard to turn. Lots of rust on the threads inside the crank. Ok, we go in search of a TAP.

ATTENTION.. GOOD INFO... The bolt SIZE that fits the crank is 10MM with a thread pitch of 1.0. ALL of the FINE threaded bolts on our motors have a pitch of 1.0

Ok so we go scouring North marietta looking for the CORRECT Tap. Homedepot, Harbor frieght, NAPA all do NOT have the correct TAP. Ace hardware does... 1.5 hours were used for searching.

Back at the car Justin cleans up all the threads on the crank and fixes the slightly stripped one. Get all 8 bolts and washers installed and torqued WOOHOOO!!!

But wait... what is this I see.. the washers on a few of the bolts are loose.. DARN it, the bolts are about 1/4 to LONG.

Ok, BACK to Ace, NAPA They do not have the correct bolt. Homedepot does but only has 5.

Oh well take the 5 and head back to the car. Insert 1 bolt into the crank and guess what? It has a thread pitch of about 1.5.. BAD!!!!!!

They are labeled WRONG. Well at this point I am pi$$ed. So we decide to put in the STOCK bolts... oh wait the one hole that is slightly stripped out WON'T hold a stock bolt.

I was headed to jay25's house to grind the 8 LONG bolts down and use the dye to fix them when I tapped out. I will get the correct bolts tomorrow and continue sunday.

It took 6+ hrs for all of this to unfold. Also taking the flywheel off and on a few times.. it is not an easy fit.

So Another day wasted.

LESSON TO BE LEARNED... if your using a fidenza flywheel and stock flywheel bolts, there is only about 4-5 threads holding your flywheel on. FACT

I will be going to the next size up which should give me another 2-3 threads.

Jay25 and quicksilver can vouch for me on this.

So now justin has seen the **** I go through.. it always seems nothing goes smoothly.

Anway there is an update.

I am now shooting for next friday to start the car. But we will see what screws up between now and then

Thanks jay for the ride this morning and justin for being a team player and hanging in there all day and driving me around and helping
Old 11-28-2003, 07:38 PM
A couple of Blaxxx's? Lawls.

im hopin to get mine runnin by monday, but good luck with yours.

everyone's maximas seem to be stars in a soap opera lately
Old 11-28-2003, 07:44 PM
VG Ridah's Biatch Hoe

Originally Posted by slimer
im hopin to get mine runnin by monday, but good luck with yours.

everyone's maximas seem to be stars in a soap opera lately

I've been looking at your pics and posts.. not saying anythign really.. just watching..
it looks like you've got a nice plan
Old 11-28-2003, 09:09 PM
Redlinemax Owner

Believe me baggs after not driving my car since august 27th I know exactly what boat you are in
Old 11-29-2003, 07:27 AM

Originally Posted by Redmax
Believe me baggs after not driving my car since august 27th I know exactly what boat you are in
not to sound like an @$$ but before about 2 weeks ago, the last time i drove my car was the last week of april.
everything seems to go smoothly except for the stupid little things. i know too much about little setbacks. almost 7 months without my car and probably 6.5 of that was spent just waiting..i can totally relate to you guys.
Old 11-29-2003, 09:49 AM
OT n00bs FTMFCSL

I guess it was just an informational day...no real hard work accomplished, just a lot of discovery. By the way, did you ever get the other bolts from NAPA?
Old 11-29-2003, 02:44 PM

if u r using the auto flywheel bolt then it will fit but is a lil shorter then the manual flywheel bolt...they are slightly longer and cost like $5 a piece from dealer...
Old 11-29-2003, 04:42 PM
A couple of Blaxxx's? Lawls.

Originally Posted by bags533
I've been looking at your pics and posts.. not saying anythign really.. just watching..
it looks like you've got a nice plan

so, you like to watch eh?

i just recieved the new bracket and took some pics, they should be up tomorrow, i still need that hex bolt the mounts the pulley to the blower.

stillen sent out the wrong parts.

steve
Old 11-29-2003, 05:45 PM
Needs non-Maxima Friends

see told you should'a left it the was it was lol
Old 11-30-2003, 02:05 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

So are you saying that using the stock flywheel bolts to hold your Fidanza is highly NOT RECOMMENDED?

Dixit
Old 11-30-2003, 07:57 AM
OT n00bs FTMFCSL

Originally Posted by BigDogJonx
So are you saying that using the stock flywheel bolts to hold your Fidanza is highly NOT RECOMMENDED?

Dixit

That's exactly what he's saying. There's no way the stock bolts would hold the Fidanza due to it being a thicker cross section than the stock. The stock flywheel only has 4 threads (times 8 bolts) holding it on...I had no idea! It was actually a pretty scary thought.
Old 11-30-2003, 06:52 PM
VG Ridah's Biatch Hoe

Originally Posted by Quicksilver
I guess it was just an informational day...no real hard work accomplished, just a lot of discovery. By the way, did you ever get the other bolts from NAPA?

funny story on that, i got them saturday. The same guy was working when I bought the other ones, I explained the situation.

He took me in the back had me hold out my hands and dumped 2 plastic bins of screws into them

I asked how much and he said FREE!!!!!!!!!!!!

I said thanks and went on my way.

I go tthe bolts I needed plus a few more..lol
Old 11-30-2003, 06:54 PM
VG Ridah's Biatch Hoe

Originally Posted by BigDogJonx

Dixit

look at the other thread I started and there is a pic of the bolt I used VS the stock ones.

I THINK the manual bolts will work.. that's what a guy said in this thread. He said the manual bolts are longer. I don't know for sure. Check with jay on that.
Old 11-30-2003, 07:00 PM
UCF Lexus

So that heilicoil went down the drain?
Old 11-30-2003, 07:02 PM
VG Ridah's Biatch Hoe

Originally Posted by bijan gxe
So that heilicoil went down the drain?

yes sir.. I bought a TAP and justin fixed the threads

BTW missed you today