Supercharged/Turbocharged The increase in air/fuel pressure above atmospheric pressure in the intake system caused by the action of a supercharger or turbocharger attached to an engine.

Pictures of SC bolts

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2004, 09:20 AM
Blown

Pictures of SC bolts

does anyone know where I can get pictures of all of the bolts that come with the V2 kit...I bought one second hand and I am having trouble telling what bolts I have and which ones I dont...if anyone knows of a site where they show pics of all the parts that sould come with the V2 that would be great. Thanks.
Carson
Old 01-12-2004, 12:10 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

I dont think there's anything like that.

but the instruction does tell you the size of the bolts. you can get a ruler and i.d. each one of them.

just something to help you out.

M6 - 6mm diameter bolt
M8 - 8mm diameter bolt
M10 - 10mm
FHCS - flat head cap screw - the black bolts that use allen key wrench
Old 01-12-2004, 12:27 PM

Think Stillen would sell the bolts for the S/C? I am missin the bolt in the middle casing plate
Old 01-12-2004, 01:47 PM

I Think Thats The Killer Bolt You Need Very Hard To Put In
Do You Have The One That Goes Through The S/c To The Pully Hole That One Is A Allen Bolt Type(the Head Is Shaped Like A Funnel) And The Other Should Should Go To One Of The Two Guide Pins That You Should Put In That The S/c Rests On.. They Are 10mm Hex Head Bolts
I Think I Have Both Of Them.. Maybe I Can Get You A Pic Or Try And Find Them And Measure Them For You
Old 01-12-2004, 03:19 PM

Originally Posted by maxlinegtr
Think Stillen would sell the bolts for the S/C? I am missin the bolt in the middle casing plate

I bought bolts from Stillen and they ripped me off good. you can buy it online. do a search on yahoo and they have sites that sell those specialized bolts.
Old 01-12-2004, 03:25 PM

Originally Posted by C MAX
I Think Thats The Killer Bolt You Need Very Hard To Put In
Do You Have The One That Goes Through The S/c To The Pully Hole That One Is A Allen Bolt Type(the Head Is Shaped Like A Funnel) And The Other Should Should Go To One Of The Two Guide Pins That You Should Put In That The S/c Rests On.. They Are 10mm Hex Head Bolts
I Think I Have Both Of Them.. Maybe I Can Get You A Pic Or Try And Find Them And Measure Them For You

the one that holds the pulley to the SC can be purchased at regular hardware store. That's where I got mine. But not the longer FHCS bolts. I always use antiseize on the bolts so I dont have to worry about stripping the allen key hole.

all the parts are listed inside the SC parts stickie, along with the spec and stillen part no.
Old 01-14-2004, 09:48 AM

Your Not Suppose To Use Anti-seize... Your Suppose To Use Thread Lock.. Keep An Eye On Those Bolts They Might Back Out
From The Vibration..
Old 01-14-2004, 10:48 AM
My other car is a Hybrid

Those long bolts are very hard to remove if you put Threadlock on them... I (and most folks who have installed/restalled the S/C many) use antiseize so they don't "seize". I haven't had any problems with them "backing out"...<knock on wood>
Old 01-15-2004, 08:51 AM

Originally Posted by C MAX
Your Not Suppose To Use Anti-seize... Your Suppose To Use Thread Lock.. Keep An Eye On Those Bolts They Might Back Out
From The Vibration..

I use antiseize on all the allen bolts. I had problems with loctite and I never wanted to go thru the troubles removing them again. I had no problem with antiseize and I torque all teh bolts to 35lb/ft per MardigrasMax's recommendation.

if you stripped a bolt because of the loctite, you can use a male torx socket and hammer it into the stripped allen hole.