Supercharged/Turbocharged The increase in air/fuel pressure above atmospheric pressure in the intake system caused by the action of a supercharger or turbocharger attached to an engine.

supercharger question

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2004, 01:04 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

supercharger question

hey all im new to this web forum...just wanted to get that outta the way. heres my question. if was planning on supercharging or turbo'ing a 4th gen max does that mean that i cannot buy the MEVI/JWT combo? and in your guys opinion the supercharger (proly go with the stillen one) is more reliable than the turbo am i right? and with the supercharger does that also mean you cannot install an intake system like a injen intake? and if i did have the stillen s/c kit would i be allowed to run the JWT/mevi also? im askng htis cuz i would like to buy a max and if i got one i would wanna in the future proly install F/I. the s/c kits are easier and living in jersey i can get it installed. the turbo would most likly cause trouble and need to bne tuned more and im not all into dealing with that. i also dont need to buy forged internals with the s/c, although im sure i would like to. i would first thou, like to install most all teh bolt-ons i can and the mevi and jwt, then s/c....unless oyu guys think the turbo is better (kit on custom maxima i am talking about). and as for s/c, what is the stock boost with that and how high can it get raised to? id like to run like low 13's with an s/c or so and be able to getinto the 12's with more work...not saying i definelty am thou, jsut have the potential. these are all of course pipe dreams that i would like to achieve over the next few years or whatever as i am still in college and i would like your help. thanks so much!
Old 02-22-2004, 05:41 AM

If you are going to S/C then go ahead with a y-pipe and cat back but there will be no need for an intake. A mevi will work with any setup but a JWT ecu for NA will need reprogramming and new injectors if you plan to use it with a FI setup. If you plan to turbo the only thing you could get without spending unnecessarily would be a cat back as the turbo completes the whole front intake/downpipe of the vehicle to the cat. If you need to spend on mods now I would get a y-pipe and K&N panel filter and enjoy 75% of the gains you will get NA. You could always sell the y-pipe if you decide to Turbo and keep it if going S/C.
Old 02-22-2004, 12:15 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

so does that mean that i can still get the jwt/mevi coimbo but when i got FI (s/c or turbo) i need to get it reprogrammed? do i also need to get injectors and other fuel stuff with s/c? i knwo i would ewith a turob but i dunno what fuel stuff id need for s/c. and othe rbolt on's can be put regardless right like the pulleys and of course driveline stuff like flywheel and clutch....maybe prot and polish but thats looking too far ahead. what do u think is better for a daily driver, s/c or turbo? and (i know this sounds stupid) how do you make higher boost and turn it up wiot ha s/c? i knwo that wit ha turob charger you got the boost controller and yadda yadda but i am unsure as wit hthe s/c....and do they come wit ha creepy sounding BOV too? possibly an intercooler? whats the highest boost you can run s/c stock and then with forged internals and upgraded fuel (in tank pump, injectors...anyhting elsse please tell me for fuel upgrade). why dont you need an intake with FI int comes wit ha special one that does the same or what? i knwo these are a lot of questions and i thank you for your help....on a side note i live in North Jersey, what are the chances of being able to find a five speed 95+ maxima?