Supercharged/Turbocharged The increase in air/fuel pressure above atmospheric pressure in the intake system caused by the action of a supercharger or turbocharger attached to an engine.

windshield washer and coolant reservoirs relocation???

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2004, 06:16 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

windshield washer and coolant reservoirs relocation???

I'm preparing to install an intercooler on my car and would like to know from those of you who've done it, where did you relocate the windshield washer and coolant reservoirs to run the piping from the intercooler.

It would be great if any of you could e-mail me some pics of your install. I bought the kit from ilumo for those of you who were wondering. I just pm'd him to see if he could help me out on this as well. And also I know about the whole intercooler/SC thing. I don't want that to be discussed here.

I just want to know where to relocate them to.

pics of the kit can be found here.
http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/451884/3
on this one pic you can see the coolant reservoir, but it looks like it's just laying there.

here are some more pics.
http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/451884/7

Thanks alot,

STeve
Old 05-31-2004, 06:55 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

You wont be able to run Washer Fluid any more witch for some is not a big deal but some people need it...even with a cold air system for the s/c you need to rip it out...
As for the coolant overflow, youll need to find a spot for that somewhere up towards the engine...I saw someone with intercooler piping mount it along the drivers side inner wheel well

did you buy his Kit, or just the intercooler ??

matt
Old 05-31-2004, 07:44 PM

Originally Posted by matty
You wont be able to run Washer Fluid any more witch for some is not a big deal but some people need it...even with a cold air system for the s/c you need to rip it out...
As for the coolant overflow, youll need to find a spot for that somewhere up towards the engine...I saw someone with intercooler piping mount it along the drivers side inner wheel well

did you buy his Kit, or just the intercooler ??

matt
I kept my washer bottle with a CAI nad did a write-up on it. So it can be done.
Old 05-31-2004, 07:49 PM

Originally Posted by LatinMax
I kept my washer bottle with a CAI nad did a write-up on it. So it can be done.
Yea very good write up...the piping that I have for the Cold air puts the filter right where the Bottle is located. That rubber elbow you have, I actually have two of them....I guess for argument sake I may do it the way you have it jsut so I can have the washer still ....very nice

-matt
Old 05-31-2004, 08:02 PM

Originally Posted by matty
Yea very good write up...the piping that I have for the Cold air puts the filter right where the Bottle is located. That rubber elbow you have, I actually have two of them....I guess for argument sake I may do it the way you have it jsut so I can have the washer still ....very nice

-matt
Thanks
Old 05-31-2004, 08:05 PM

isnt that ilumo's kit ?
Old 06-01-2004, 09:57 AM
A couple of Blaxxx's? Lawls.

is there any way to "switch" it?

I mean run the wires and tubing to the opposite well
Old 06-01-2004, 10:21 AM

i was actually thinking the same thing and I have the hole drilled already for my old cold Air I can make smaller for the filler neck....hmmm

-matt
Old 06-01-2004, 01:29 PM

Yeah, it was ilumo's kit. I bought the entire kit off him a couple of weeks ago. Right now, I'm just going to mount the intercooler and run the piping before I get the bodykit painted. I probably won't be putting the supercharger on until later on in the summer.

LatinMax, I'll try that, but I'm not sure if I'll be able to do it or not because I have an intercooler, not a CAI. If need be, I'll just remove it all together like matty said.

Thanks for the tips, and again if anyone has any pics of their intercooler install please e-mail me some of the pics. My e-mail is wytnite@comcast.net

Thanks again everyone,

Steve
Old 06-01-2004, 01:46 PM

Originally Posted by maxedup97
Yeah, it was ilumo's kit. I bought the entire kit off him a couple of weeks ago. Right now, I'm just going to mount the intercooler and run the piping before I get the bodykit painted. I probably won't be putting the supercharger on until later on in the summer.

LatinMax, I'll try that, but I'm not sure if I'll be able to do it or not because I have an intercooler, not a CAI. If need be, I'll just remove it all together like matty said.

Thanks for the tips, and again if anyone has any pics of their intercooler install please e-mail me some of the pics. My e-mail is wytnite@comcast.net

Thanks again everyone,

Steve
I should be done with my intercooler install in about 2 weeks (with a SC) and then I will post pics. Good luck if you beat me to it.
Old 06-01-2004, 05:42 PM

Originally Posted by LatinMax
I should be done with my intercooler install in about 2 weeks (with a SC) and then I will post pics. Good luck if you beat me to it.
That would be helpful, looking forward to you're pics. I actually have mine ripped apart right now, I'm working on it slowly as I have time. I'm hoping to have it installed by the end of next week.

Steve
Old 06-01-2004, 06:38 PM

Originally Posted by maxedup97
That would be helpful, looking forward to you're pics. I actually have mine ripped apart right now, I'm working on it slowly as I have time. I'm hoping to have it installed by the end of next week.

Steve
Mine is taken apart also. I am waiting for my custom tranny to come back, then install the tranny.
Then the SC...again,
Then the intercooler so that I can modifie my custom bumper arount the IC.

I have a little bit of work to do

But it will be well worth it.

Good luck
Old 06-01-2004, 06:41 PM

thats how I plan to do my install....over a week and take my time on it...If I get fed up with it, take a break...I dont need to car right now in the summer for anything special so Ill be starting in about 2 weeks