Supercharged/Turbocharged The increase in air/fuel pressure above atmospheric pressure in the intake system caused by the action of a supercharger or turbocharger attached to an engine.

What is MISSING from this SC kit?

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2004, 06:27 PM
ChristheNite

What is MISSING from this SC kit?

I give up on this posting pictures thing - Check www.staythenite.com/boost/index.htm and let me know - i posted some questions on the pictures and if you can identify the #'s let me know.

Thanks!
Chris

Old 09-19-2004, 06:59 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

need more pics...At least you got the blower and the plate.

If thats all you got, you will need ALOT more...

-matt
Old 09-19-2004, 07:09 PM

can't see pictures
Old 09-19-2004, 08:25 PM
Custom User Title...

he fixed it...any ideas fellas?
Old 09-19-2004, 08:30 PM

maybe some hose. Looks like you have the fmu, bracket, and blower.
Old 09-19-2004, 08:33 PM

cant quite make everything out...but i dont see the thermostat housing. also its missing virtually all of the bolts. like everyone has mentioned the blower and the plate are there which is the most important. the other stuff can be had relatively cheap...just have to source it all out.
Old 09-19-2004, 09:03 PM
UCF Lexus

that better have a low price on it
Old 09-19-2004, 09:26 PM
ChristheNite

SoulFly - I never like your posts.

Everyone else, thanks for all the info - please let me know what else I will need to get to make this complete...and as for the price - it was really REALLY good.

Old 09-19-2004, 09:49 PM

Originally Posted by Requin6
cant quite make everything out...but i dont see the thermostat housing. also its missing virtually all of the bolts. like everyone has mentioned the blower and the plate are there which is the most important. the other stuff can be had relatively cheap...just have to source it all out.
All that mess of wires (8) is for the inline pump, which you shouldnt even bother running...get a Walbro intake and be done with that...
You wont need a thermo housing since its a V2 Kit..its hard to read but before you call up stillen get a nice list of what you need.....youll need a new pulley, and pretty much all the bolts to make it work, but bolts can be ordered at www.BoltDepot.com..I got mine there...good thing you have the cross over pipes...those are prob a boat load of money at Stillen....look on the FAQ and go to Supercharger Parts List...it will list the entire parts list for the v2 kit. I dont see any stand off bolts for the V2 plate either

Any Oil on the blower houseing or on the inside fins ?? How many miles did he say was on it ??

-matt
Old 09-19-2004, 10:25 PM
ChristheNite

Whoa matty thanks for all the info - how much did all those bolts run you at bolt depot and which do i need (do you have the list you ordered?) Also, there is no oil on the blower and the impeller looks really clean and is fairly easy to spin. Where would be the best place to get that pulley from, or should i just upgrade it to run 9lbs of boost? Thanks guys!!!

Oh yeah any info about where i should be buying things for helps!!

ALSO what would you guys pay for this kit in this condition, has 40,000 miles on it - came with autometer boost gauge and EGT gauge and A-pillar mount, diamnod cut clear corners, 2 quarts of Redline Tranny Fluid, Octane Booster, and a Budget Y-Pipe.

Old 09-20-2004, 05:27 AM

It looks like it's all there, except for the bracket mounting bolts, which are pretty easy to come by. They are 6mm, but I forget the length.

You can get the blower pulley from Vortechsuperchargers.com. Go ahead and get a new drive belt while you are at it. It looks like you may have the plastic idler pulley, which you will want to replace.

I'd say if you paid $1100 you got a crackhead deal. That kit could easily go for $2000-2400.
Old 09-20-2004, 08:15 AM
ChristheNite

Thanks for all the reply's guys - I am going to sit down with the stillen parts list and figure out what I need for bolts etc. Also what would you say the total cost would be to make this kit complete, I realize i need a new pully - the plastic pulleys, nuts/bolts, new belt, AFC, Walboro 255lph FP, and then maybe a better BOV?

Also, should i just get the pulley that makes 9lbs, i was thinking about sticking with the 7lb size just to not kill my car (and save me a clutch job) but I need opinions - once I have the kit I know its a b|tch to change pulleys.

Old 09-20-2004, 09:50 AM

one word.. LUCKY! Wish i coulda found this deal. Hope u get all of the parts..
Old 09-20-2004, 10:32 AM
My other car is a Hybrid

May have been listed above (too lazy to read all) on the V2 kit

Tensioner pulley and bracket
coolant reservoir bracket
need new SC pulley $60 or so
Old 09-20-2004, 11:08 AM

Originally Posted by Chunger
May have been listed above (too lazy to read all) on the V2 kit

Tensioner pulley and bracket
coolant reservoir bracket
need new SC pulley $60 or so

You don't use the oem tensioner pulley and bracket with a V2 kit?
Old 09-20-2004, 01:20 PM
My other car is a Hybrid

Originally Posted by Stephen Max
You don't use the oem tensioner pulley and bracket with a V2 kit?
No but you reuse the L-bolt from the assembly.

Old 09-20-2004, 04:07 PM
ChristheNite

Yeah i was going to ask what the thing in the last picture was. Could anyone go through the list 1-18 and name the parts as the would appear on the stillen parts list. Also am I missing a 90 degree elbow? Thanks guys!

Old 09-20-2004, 04:19 PM
My other car is a Hybrid

My best guesses:

1) Air filter
2) Vacuum T and lines
3) FMU and Aux fuel pump on bracket
4) misc vacuum hose
5) 90 degree charged air tube (TB to MAF)
6) ?
7) ? P/S hose?
8) Hobbs switch and relay for aux pump
9) SC!
10) Crossover charged air tube
11) Bosch recirculation valve (BOV)
12) engine oil feed line -04AN
13) P/S hose?
14) misc bolt (bracket to engine?)
15) 90 degree elbow for crankcase vent to air cleaner
16) S/C bracket bolt to engine
17) see 14
18) Oil T adaptor for oil pressure sender and 12 above
Old 09-20-2004, 05:10 PM
ChristheNite

Thanks!

Thanks for your best guesses, anyone else have anything to add?

Old 09-20-2004, 05:52 PM

Originally Posted by ChristheNite
Thanks for your best guesses, anyone else have anything to add?

Item 6 looks like a very worn idler pulley.

Item 16 is too large to be a bracket to engine bolt. Maybe the bracket to alternator bolt?
Old 09-20-2004, 06:09 PM
ChristheNite

Any idea where i could get these parts and how much I am looking at to make this a complete kit,

Old 09-21-2004, 08:03 AM
ChristheNite

Anyone?

10 chars. is cool.

Old 09-21-2004, 08:15 AM
Blown

If you do decide to go with this I do have the stock pulleys (I went with metal) and I also have a 3.33 SC pulley I will sell you...just PM me if you are interested.
Old 09-21-2004, 08:20 AM

For the rest of the kit....hard to say...depends on what you want to replace and all that.., if you winde up getting your blower rebuilt witch is totally up to you (not a bad idea since it really doenst look like the kit was cared for and it really only $300 from Vortech) than that adds to cost and down time of when you can install this....To get the kit running shouldnt be too much more....start reading the S/C forum and youll learn alot. Pick a pulley size, start ordering stuff..and get a bov too

-matt

-matt
Old 09-21-2004, 08:32 AM

Any idea where i could get these parts and how much I am looking at to make this a complete kit,

Get a list of parts for the V2 kit and go through your stuff to see what you have and what is missing.

Mounting bolts you can get at an industrial hardware supplier. Stuff like the overflow bottle bracket and tensioner pulley bracket you'll have to get from Stillen.
Old 09-21-2004, 08:49 AM
RIP '98 Maxima SE

That blower pulley with the bent-in side damage was caused by a loosen bolt that holds it in. The pulley shifted over towards the mounting plate and he used a screwdriver to force it away from the mounting plate. Easily replaceable. This happened to me too because I didn't use the blue locktite on it.
Old 09-21-2004, 09:04 AM
ChristheNite

Thanks for all the information guys - this forum is such a great help. I would be lost without all this great info. Where would I find the metal pulley's that everyone is talking about. I assume that would mean the plastic bearing thing thats in the 6th picture on the website www.staythenite.com/boost/index.htm. This weekend of next I should be sitting down with the list and figuring out whats what. Also do I have to go through stillen to get all the parts and are they going to murder me on the price?

Thanks!!
Chris

Old 09-21-2004, 09:18 AM
RIP '98 Maxima SE

I did't see that special plate for the oil return hose in the pics. That special plate can be seen on page 27 of ptatohed's pdf file below. Its that brass colored metal pipe to the left of the red arrow.

http://www.ericj.org/maxima/doc/scifd.pdf
Old 09-21-2004, 09:27 AM

Originally Posted by BlackCat
I did't see that special plate for the oil return hose in the pics. That special plate can be seen on page 27 of ptatohed's pdf file below. Its that brass colored metal pipe to the left of the red arrow.

http://www.ericj.org/maxima/doc/scifd.pdf
That plate for the return line, the bracket for the overflow tank are going to be expensive...Remember ANYTHING FROM STILLEN IS GOING TO BE ALOT OF MONEY...try and use other things before using Stillen but for that plate, jsut buy it

-matt
Old 09-21-2004, 09:30 AM
RIP '98 Maxima SE

Originally Posted by matty
That plate for the return line, the bracket for the overflow tank are going to be expensive...Remember ANYTHING FROM STILLEN IS GOING TO BE ALOT OF MONEY...try and use other things before using Stillen but for that plate, jsut buy it

-matt
Despite spending the extra money for the missing parts I still think ChristheNite comes out ahead in the deal.
Old 09-21-2004, 10:53 AM

Originally Posted by BlackCat
Despite spending the extra money for the missing parts I still think ChristheNite comes out ahead in the deal.
No doubt about it.

Stillen sells the oil return pipe/plate for around $75, I don't know how much for the coolant bottle bracket, probably something comparable.
Old 09-21-2004, 02:08 PM
ChristheNite

Well the way I look at it I spent $1100 on the kit - and I have two offers for people to buy it AS IS for $2200 - so that doesn't $uck. So even if I spend like 4-500 bucks to make this sucka complete I'm still under 2000 for a nice little kit.

I wonder if I could fabricate that part to make things a little cheaper, because I know stillen would like to me.

Old 09-21-2004, 02:17 PM

NO...buy it from them...its an important part of the s/c kit that needs to be in the correct spot and be on there so you wont need to remove later on to replace it or fix it...

-matt
Old 09-22-2004, 03:11 PM
ChristheNite

Can someone post pics of the items I need to get, I am on 56K and cant look at the PDF. I am going to be picking up some parts this weekend off of the original car and need to know what to look for. Thanks so much!!

Old 09-25-2004, 03:18 PM
ChristheNite

Anyone??????

Old 09-27-2004, 05:45 AM

Can someone post pics of the items I need to get, I am on 56K and cant look at the PDF. I am going to be picking up some parts this weekend off of the original car and need to know what to look for. Thanks so much!!

Old 09-27-2004, 07:37 AM
ChristheNite

Thanks a lot stephenmax! Anyone else have pictures of their ENTIRE kit laid out like something that was taken durring inventory?

Old 09-27-2004, 07:43 AM
Blown

look in the classifieds...I know when people sell the kits they usually post pics of the entire kit...I know that tony from NY had his all in pictures when he was selling it.
Old 09-27-2004, 08:16 AM
ChristheNite

Good idea, thanks man - I'll start digging. In the mean time does anyone have any pictures?

Old 09-27-2004, 08:31 AM
My other car is a Hybrid

You want a "better" picture than the kit mounted on an engine OUT OF THE CAR?

If you think you will know if EVERYTHING is there by looking at a pictures of all the crap on the floor you will probably be in for a surprise. If you have the parts seen in the above pics (there is no modified thermostat housing for the V2) and the 2 charged air tubes then you should be fine. Just expect to find miscellaneous bolts etc. I had to get a few parts even when I bought my kit NEW.

Quick Reply: What is MISSING from this SC kit?