Supercharged/Turbocharged The increase in air/fuel pressure above atmospheric pressure in the intake system caused by the action of a supercharger or turbocharger attached to an engine.

E-manage Or.....?

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2004, 07:33 AM

E-manage Or.....?

emanage or zemulator for a 10.5:1 compression VE on 12psi? my goal is to not blow it up...discuss.
Old 10-22-2004, 08:10 AM
Eat, sleep, and sh*t 2JZ

zemulator will allow much more control of oem parameters than emanage will ever be able to dish out. the simple fact that Zem is not so much a piggy back makes it the better choice to me...but thats relative and based on what the Z32s have done with it. IMO the best thing is to see how well Aaron is doing with it on his VE or beta test it yourself(thats really the only way)....its hard to base a decision or "discuss" its performance on the Z32s in relation to a maxima in which the beta tester is n/a and also that majority of the people on here aren't/will not plan on using it or have even considered it.

IMO until Zem its proven on the VE, Emange is the easiest way to go and its progressing all the time with new tech. plus many of us on here are pretty experienced with it, so theres always that backup support. and you'll hold 12lbs easy...
Old 10-22-2004, 09:31 AM
Fastest Fantasy Maxima Evar

Unichip and maybe the SMT7 are my new choices.
Old 10-22-2004, 11:20 AM

Originally Posted by DA-MAX
zemulator will allow much more control of oem parameters than emanage will ever be able to dish out. the simple fact that Zem is not so much a piggy back makes it the better choice to me...but thats relative and based on what the Z32s have done with it. IMO the best thing is to see how well Aaron is doing with it on his VE or beta test it yourself(thats really the only way)....its hard to base a decision or "discuss" its performance on the Z32s in relation to a maxima in which the beta tester is n/a and also that majority of the people on here aren't/will not plan on using it or have even considered it.

IMO until Zem its proven on the VE, Emange is the easiest way to go and its progressing all the time with new tech. plus many of us on here are pretty experienced with it, so theres always that backup support. and you'll hold 12lbs easy...
i was thinking just do everything aaron has done with the zemulator for the Z32. wiring, soldering and other modifications are no problem so long as i can use it with relative simplicity..i know the zemulator interface is very very simple to use. judging from what i've read/experianced, i'd like to have ignition retard under boost. just as a side note i want 400hp and about the same torque on 12psi but if i can run 14+ without turning the motor into a grenade i'll do it. IIRC the zemulator has an input for a boost pressure sensor (i'm almost positive the Z32 has one, if not i'm thinking of something else) so that would be referenced to retard the ignition, obivously which would help me out. if not i'll have to get a J&S but i'd rather not spend $1200+ on just engine management. last i read the emanage is a nightmare to get running right initially but once its going, its a beautiful thing.
Old 10-22-2004, 11:50 AM

I'm not sure what "nightmare" 3rd gens are having, but 4+ gens. are loving it.

J&S or eManage are <$500 to do what you want, so where did the $1200+ come from?

Originally Posted by MaDMaX024
i was thinking just do everything aaron has done with the zemulator for the Z32. wiring, soldering and other modifications are no problem so long as i can use it with relative simplicity..i know the zemulator interface is very very simple to use. judging from what i've read/experianced, i'd like to have ignition retard under boost. just as a side note i want 400hp and about the same torque on 12psi but if i can run 14+ without turning the motor into a grenade i'll do it. IIRC the zemulator has an input for a boost pressure sensor (i'm almost positive the Z32 has one, if not i'm thinking of something else) so that would be referenced to retard the ignition, obivously which would help me out. if not i'll have to get a J&S but i'd rather not spend $1200+ on just engine management. last i read the emanage is a nightmare to get running right initially but once its going, its a beautiful thing.
Old 10-22-2004, 11:58 AM
Eat, sleep, and sh*t 2JZ

Originally Posted by MaDMaX024
last i read the emanage is a nightmare to get running right initially but once its going, its a beautiful thing.
bah....simple ****, if you can do an AFC, you can do Emanage. install is easier than simple(at least for me, since I've done Coreys over 50,000 times ), tuning is easy if you knw what to do, very user friendly. don't count it out.

but by all means if Zem will work, use that...much more powerful tool IMO. I use a similar program on my Integra ECU and theres nothing like pretty much having full control of your OEM ECU..no piggy bags, no headaches, no BS!
Old 10-22-2004, 12:12 PM
Redlinemax Owner

Originally Posted by DA-MAX
bah....simple ****, if you can do an AFC, you can do Emanage. install is easier than simple(at least for me, since I've done Coreys over 50,000 times ), !

Nah only 49,999 times . Oh tonight i need the injector harness reinstalled!!!
Old 10-22-2004, 04:58 PM

Originally Posted by IceY2K1
I'm not sure what "nightmare" 3rd gens are having, but 4+ gens. are loving it.

J&S or eManage are <$500 to do what you want, so where did the $1200+ come from?
$1200 includes: Emanage, display, ignition harness, injector harness...all the goodies to make it as close to the emanage as possible, plus the J&S (IIRC $300??)
maybe i was reading something wrong. my memory isnt serving me i guess, i just thought i read that the emanage is a nightmare initally then once the car runs right with it, tuning is cake..
on the emanage, is there any way to do ignition retard under boost? i have no issues with getting a 2-3bar MAP sensor (and IIRC the GM ones are incredibly cheap). if the emanage with all the goodies is <$500 then i'll just sell my AFC and get that ASAP. i'm not sure the zemulator is worth the almost thousand dollar pricetag ($100 to get ECU setup for it, plus getting a Z32 ECU, and the $700 actual zemulator, plus the lab port thingy you need to monitor/datalog stuff) if the emanage is so cheap.
Old 10-22-2004, 05:06 PM

eManage brain $275
Ignition/Injector harness $65
$110 support tool *OR* $350 for e01 display if you don't have laptop
$100 pressure sensor
---------------------
$550, buy anytime on eBay.

Add another $145 if you want to include boost controller by getting Profec e01 instead of e01.

It can do ignition retard by RPM with out the pressure sensor, but you'll need that to do per psi. You can also forgo the $100 pressure sensor and get the $185 Greddy P/H/W boost gauge which comes with it already.
Old 10-22-2004, 09:10 PM

one thing i forgot to ask about. is it possible to raise the rev limiter on the emanage? i've heard of a few people "re-crystalling" their ECUs to extend the stock maps and raise rev limit then tuning with a piggyback from there..any ideas? if jim wolf is my only option outside of the zemulator, my decision has just been made.