Supercharged/Turbocharged The increase in air/fuel pressure above atmospheric pressure in the intake system caused by the action of a supercharger or turbocharger attached to an engine.

Need expert's help about 370cc injectors

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2004, 07:27 PM

Need expert's help about 370cc injectors

Hey guys..I got the Walbro fuel pump(255) and a cartech fmu..also a SAFC..ecu is stock..I just got a set of 370cc injectors...would it be ok to install them with a stock fpr for now until i get the adjustable fpr??
What problems would I run into??
I read somewhere that the engine will flood when you start it up...

also, what is the deal with low throttle with the safc??is that just tuning with normal driving??
and high throttle is tuning with WOT?
thanks
Old 12-04-2004, 08:17 PM
VG Ridah's Biatch Hoe

Originally Posted by MaXtUneD
Hey guys..I got the Walbro fuel pump(255) and a cartech fmu..also a SAFC..ecu is stock..I just got a set of 370cc injectors...would it be ok to install them with a stock fpr for now until i get the adjustable fpr??
What problems would I run into??
I read somewhere that the engine will flood when you start it up...

also, what is the deal with low throttle with the safc??is that just tuning with normal driving??
and high throttle is tuning with WOT?
thanks

You can throw the 370's in there with the stock FPR. I did and it runs fine. BE CAUTIOUS... you may flood the motor by cranking the car and it not fully starting. THAT is the ONLY problem I have had. If the motor kind of cranks and you release the key and it dies, just feather the gas pedal and it will crank. It'll be rich for a moment and then it will be fine. This does not happen every start. Just 2/3 times in the past ~7 weeks

Check the important thread links at the top of this forum for some GREAT posts about the SAFC settings
Old 12-04-2004, 10:32 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

imo - stay away from the fmu's. a rising rate fpr is the most you need.

the low throttle setting on the s-afc is for cruising basically. it helps a **** load when cruising on the highway and tuning for maximum fuel economy. i have mine up to 28.5 mpg and that's boosting quite a bit with the afr at around 14.7. if i bump it to about 16:1 or so while cruising i should hopefully be able to break 30 mpg on a boosted maxima

the low throttle setting is also good for tuning through the rpm's when you're under a certain throttle position. this just makes sure you have a good afr at any throttle position.

for instance, if you boost as under 50% throttle (or whatever you have the low throttle crossover set at) you can make sure it doesn't lean out.