Supercharged/Turbocharged The increase in air/fuel pressure above atmospheric pressure in the intake system caused by the action of a supercharger or turbocharger attached to an engine.

Quick fuel setup question

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2005, 01:22 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Quick fuel setup question

Currently have regular V2 kit on 5th gen Max.

Changing to smaller 3.125" pulley. Have bought, not installed Begi/Cartech 2025 FMU, walbro GSS342, greddy emanage.

I want to take out vortech FMU and inline pump, but keep stock injectors for now.

Do I need another fuel pressure regulator to adjust baseline fuel pressure, or not? I found a cheap deal on a SARD fuel pressure regulator, should I buy? Suggestions?

Thanks.
Old 01-14-2005, 03:22 PM

Stock setup can handle the 3.125 pulley no problem. You will most likely see 10 psi because of the long intake.
Old 01-14-2005, 05:30 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

What other option is there besides the long intake that comes with the setup?
Old 01-16-2005, 01:21 PM

Originally Posted by dadiesel
What other option is there besides the long intake that comes with the setup?
There are two long pipes in the V2 Stillen kit. One feeds in to the blower, the other goes from blower to TB.

Latinmax has a nice solution shown on his homepage for the intake. For the pressurized air, we're still working on that one. The most common solution is to make the charge air pipe even longer, but put it in front of the radiator and possibly add an intercooler so that there is some benefit to the long run. That's probably what I am going to do.

I am also looking at 'frankensteining' my intake manifold, to put the TB closer to blower. But with the cost of replacing a DE-K manifold if it doesn't work; I'm probably not going to do that. Broaner is looking at a custom manifold. Take a look at his reclocking the blower thread.

I think I have my fuel situation figured out for now.

I'm going to buy a wide band 02 sensor setup with datalogging. That way I can check my A/F ratios with each modification. I like the Dynojet WidebandCommander, because it comes with a gauge I can put on my A piller pod, as well as laptop interface.

Then I can install each thing individually over many months, test and adjust. I plan on going in this order:
Walbro pump, Cartech FMU, 3.125 pulley, E-manage, larger injectors, intercooler.

Thanks, everybody.
Old 01-16-2005, 01:29 PM

You wouldn't need a cartech with an emanage...
Old 01-16-2005, 03:35 PM

I know I wouldn't need a cartech with emanage - if I buy larger injectors.

I used the formulas at the RC engineering website, and my current injectors won't do the job unless FP is raised. And the Cartech should do a good job with the stock injectors for now.

Biggest problem is I have no experience with emanage, and I haven't found a local tech who has either. So I have to learn it for myself (which is more fun anyway). Once I have installed and climbed the emanage learning curve, I will look at larger injectors. Then I can sell cartech on ebay - same place I bought it.

For the 5th gen motor, are there any cheaper injector choices? Like a bosch injector or stock injector from another application? RC injectors are expensive and PE injectors are insane. What should I look for? I think the capacity I need is about 440cc.