Supercharged/Turbocharged The increase in air/fuel pressure above atmospheric pressure in the intake system caused by the action of a supercharger or turbocharger attached to an engine.

Full throttle launch and shift??

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2005, 01:58 PM
Eat, sleep, and sh*t 2JZ

Full throttle launch and shift??

could this be an alternative to MSD for a 2-step system for you all?? The T-sport flat shift apparently works on all systems including multi coil setups...all it needs is
-12v power bus for the fuel injectors(for fuel cut and 12v power)
-tach signal
-crank angle sensor signal(if needed)

http://www.tekniqauto.com/CDN/tsport/tsport.htm (scroll down to the "Flatshift" )

its not a bad price either $260US...and it could greatly improve those 60fts. and could be even more beneficial for you all to build boost off the line. I think this was talked about before but no one had a definite system to use in mind. so check that one out
Old 02-13-2005, 04:31 PM
2060lbs and falling...

Looks like a very good product. I have to admit that I never understood why it'd be benificial to launch at full boost. If traction is an issue on a stock Max why would more power be desired?
Old 02-13-2005, 04:52 PM
I couldn't fix your brakes, so I made your horn louder

Originally Posted by Broaner
Looks like a very good product. I have to admit that I never understood why it'd be benificial to launch at full boost. If traction is an issue on a stock Max why would more power be desired?

I don't think you'd 2 step on street tires.... maybe for turbo guys that run slicks though..... launching @ full boost would make things scarier than they already are.
Old 02-13-2005, 05:38 PM
Eat, sleep, and sh*t 2JZ

definently more benefical on slicks...but aside from launching on boost. IMO it makes launching easier and consistent as well on a good set of streets or slicks. basically you can keep your foot planted on the pedal as the engine bumps the primary limiter...thus no more feathering. lift your foot up off the cltuch and you're gone. it'll probably take a few trys to find you're optimal launch RPM.
Old 02-13-2005, 06:02 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

I would think on our FWD cars, this product would be useless except for the turbo guys who need to keep boost inbetween shifts...but lets face it, the real gain is the launch feature....our cars NA have serious problems getting off the line with a good suspension setup and good tires even with the tire pressure dialed down in the front and the rears higher...and that is with feathering the throttle...before I would do this, I would like to try it out or see a b4 and after comparison of the difference this product made on the same car...same day conditions...
Old 02-13-2005, 07:27 PM

Originally Posted by Broaner
if you can hook , boost off the line is a GREAT thing. Rather than bogging and launching at 150hp, you can leave the line at 400+hp. Of course, this will only benefit those who are capable of putting down the power. This is why you see S14's, JZA's etc antilag'ing and 2step'ing at the line.

capable slicks, LSD, and a good driver could pull some VERY nice times with this
Old 02-13-2005, 09:27 PM

the only problem i could see is the fuel cut... i'm not too partial to fuel cut as i see the pining rocket whenever i hit the limiter and fuel cut kicks in. i think an ignition cut would be a lot better.... but in the end it is better than nothing and for the money could definitely be worth it.
Old 02-13-2005, 10:03 PM
Eat, sleep, and sh*t 2JZ

Originally Posted by mtcookson
the only problem i could see is the fuel cut... i'm not too partial to fuel cut as i see the pining rocket whenever i hit the limiter and fuel cut kicks in. i think an ignition cut would be a lot better.... but in the end it is better than nothing and for the money could definitely be worth it.
I think you can setup ignition cut as well, read it on their page, I think they tell how.

EDIT: "Flat-Shift features an output that connects to the crank angle sensor to turn off the timing signal while power is being reduced which will also cut spark."

I used the ignition cut on my integra once or twice when I had my msd digtal 6 setup....made for nice flames/sparks with no cat converter. but I've read it can be VERY hard on turbular turbo manifolds and exhaust housings as you can imagine the heat buidlup. I have a full cut right now(ign & fuel with 5 mph disengage) on one my current eproms, but have yet to use it since its more so "track only" and not push button like my digi 6 was.
Old 02-14-2005, 06:32 AM

hmm... yeah cutting both is probably the way to go just reduce chances of hurting something the most. i know that the fuel cut definitely causes some knocking on my engine (not to the point that i can hear it but to the point that the s-afc picks it up). having both would probably be the best.
Old 02-14-2005, 12:26 PM
Fastest Fantasy Maxima Evar

Only negative I've read is that you shouldn't do this with catalytic convertors, because you'll overheat/destroy them in short order.

No biggie, if you run a straight pipe though.
Old 02-14-2005, 01:11 PM

keep reading...on the site....it won't ruin the cat....as it cuts fuel and ignition so there is no extreme leaning out (extreme EGT's) happening which is what destroys a cat...

but I do agree that this thing would be very beneficial on an AWD or well setup RWD car...!