Supercharged/Turbocharged The increase in air/fuel pressure above atmospheric pressure in the intake system caused by the action of a supercharger or turbocharger attached to an engine.

stupid question from a noob

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2005, 08:10 PM

stupid question from a noob

hey guys it's me again with another noobie ? Well here is my situation: I am planning on doing an oovi swap or mevi swap(not sure which one yet) and getting a retuned ecu from either ts/jwt, but i also plan on doing a simple turbo setup with no intercooler pushing maybe at max about 6psi with a t3/t04e. My real question is should i do the IM swap but wait to retune the ecu for a turbo application?(i won't have the money to do everything at once) and another question that i have is what would i need for a simple turbo setup besides a bov, manifold, wastegate, turbo,fpr, and a fuel pump.
Old 03-24-2005, 09:28 PM
Moderator who thinks he is better than us with his I30

Don't do a turbo without an intercooler

TS can't really do a boosted program, they could set your AF ratio and timing but they don't know how to adjust for larger injectors or MAF

If money is a concern with doing everything at once, I suggest doing the turbo the right way (intercooler) and not even messing with the manifold right now.

You have the basic parts listed for a turbo set up but there is much, much more. Down pipe, FMU or some type of fuel management, all the oil lines and fittings, couplers, T-bolts....what about the tranny? Clutch? Expect to spend at least $2,500 or so. Can you do the install your self?

Also, 6psi is going to most likely need larger injectors. I have mine maxed out with 5psi.