Supercharged/Turbocharged The increase in air/fuel pressure above atmospheric pressure in the intake system caused by the action of a supercharger or turbocharger attached to an engine.

fuel system upgrade S.O.S.

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2005, 06:03 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

fuel system upgrade S.O.S.

S. O. S. man oh man. why did i ever do this. well i got all this stuff together and started it up and the freakin engine is smokin like crazy, and black smoke is pouring out of the frigin tailpipe, and its idling like a piece of cow dung. so i take the manifold back off and change little o-rings, wrong size. put correct size in. so i grease those suckers up and put it all back together and start it up and its still idling bad, still smokin, smoke is everywhere, engine, exhaust, its all fugged up.
first thought is o-rings on injectors may be twisted. but they went in pretty easy.( is there a sure procedure to install injectors ?) so its iffy. i will check maf wiring before i take the manifold off again., i am pretty sure that connector was wired properly. how do you check z32 maf to be sure its ok ?
son of a sea biscuit ! can someone help me, im tired of this.
Old 04-17-2005, 06:50 PM
VG Ridah's Biatch Hoe

http://forums.maxima.org/showthread.php?t=342180

http://forums.maxima.org/showthread.php?t=351427

Hook all the vaccum lnies up correctly?
Old 04-17-2005, 07:49 PM
A couple of Blaxxx's? Lawls.

yeah, trace all those hard lines, especially the ones behind the TB.

That was my problem.
Old 04-17-2005, 08:05 PM

was it causing bad idling and smoking
Old 04-17-2005, 08:13 PM

one of the wires in z32 maf plug has a braided wire and casing around another wire. what is the correct way to splice it to one wire.
Old 04-17-2005, 08:16 PM

yes. it caused a lot of smoke

solder all connections

do you have the maf diagram?
http://jimwolftechnology.com/wolfpdf...%20NISSANS.PDF
Old 04-18-2005, 06:16 PM

i pulled maf plug off today while it was idling like crap. the idle jumped up and seem to idle better. any ideas ? when i plugged it back in it stalled. so i called it quits. how do you test a z32 maf ? thanks.
Old 04-19-2005, 10:58 AM

I had the same experience after installing new injectors. One of the o-rings had torn and fuel was leaking profusely.

Pull the upper intake manifold off and lift the fuel rail up so that you can see the injector tips. Have someone turn on the ignition so that the fuel pump pressurizes the fuel rail. If an o-ring is damaged you will see gas dripping out of the fuel rail. Be careful when you do this, obviously.
Old 04-19-2005, 06:40 PM

Originally Posted by Stephen Max
I had the same experience after installing new injectors. One of the o-rings had torn and fuel was leaking profusely.

Pull the upper intake manifold off and lift the fuel rail up so that you can see the injector tips. Have someone turn on the ignition so that the fuel pump pressurizes the fuel rail. If an o-ring is damaged you will see gas dripping out of the fuel rail. Be careful when you do this, obviously.
thank you. what precedure did you use to install injectors.
Old 04-20-2005, 12:07 AM

Hey sleeper, I havent got to install those injectors i bought of you yet, but I plan on it this weekend. Whats the best way to get them out, I tried one but was too lazy to continue after installing a turbo timer. I read something about using vice grips and 2 screw drivers, but it seems a bit drastic and he ended up destroying those injectors.

Any tips?
Old 04-20-2005, 12:12 AM

i used pliers
Old 04-20-2005, 07:24 PM

fuel upgrade

good evening everyone, and it is good. i figured out what i did wrong when installing my fuel upgrade project. the z32 maf plug wires were backwards. the b & e wires needed to be switched. after looking at the diagram from jwt and seeing that it was viewed from the harness, (top) of plug, and not the bottom. well anyway she lives ! it started right up and she sounds great, no smoke. and idle is perfect. i am a happy camper. so this is a summary of my project. i am proud of this by the way. lol. you guys should be too. my thanks to all that helped out with your information. may you have a extra special day.
i removed fmu, stock fuel pump and pressure regulator. replaced with mallory adjustable fuel pressure regulator, walbro 255 hp. i removed stock injectors, ecu and maf. and replaced with 370cc injectors, jwt ecu (w/ 370cc, sc, z32 maf, and 7200 rev cut program), and z32 maf. new fuel lines and ends.
Old 04-21-2005, 09:35 AM

i installed the manumatic last nite
Old 04-21-2005, 03:02 PM

sweet, how does it work.
Old 04-21-2005, 05:33 PM

test drive

i took it for a test drive tonite. its misfiring some. i will change plugs. did you guys have similar conditions ?
Old 04-23-2005, 02:39 PM

new plugs

i bought a set of ngk bkr6e's, v-power. i have 3 in so far. freaking rain.
Old 04-23-2005, 04:15 PM

i just put the other plugs in. and she idles real nice, no misfire, etc. life is good. now to get that new alarm put in, any recomendations ?