Supercharged/Turbocharged The increase in air/fuel pressure above atmospheric pressure in the intake system caused by the action of a supercharger or turbocharger attached to an engine.

need help

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2005, 01:56 PM
Nissan Shift

need help

i got the stillen v2 supercharger car doesnt feel the same you dont even hear the charger u hear my kn filter on it till like 5k then boost hit up i see 7 to 8 on the guage duno i have the 2.87 car runs perfect i duno whats wrong with it

Old 05-19-2005, 11:20 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

maybe belts slipping
Old 05-20-2005, 05:52 AM
Nissan Shift

i checked the belt its tight , it was squeakin once i started her up in the morning fixed that but still nothing, if a bov isnt working correctly could i be losing boost?

Old 05-20-2005, 09:31 AM

im noticing similar problems with mine. just a few days ago i was getting full boost and now it seems like a lot more air than boost. sat im gonna check my y pipe and such for leaks and check my b.o.v it could also be letting oof boost instead of keeping it in. maybe you should check yours also, i believe you just rev the engine while under the hood and see if the b.o.v. is realeasing pressure. by the way i have the plastic stock stillen b.o.v. which people say start to leak after a while because of the plastic.
Old 05-20-2005, 12:42 PM
Nissan Shift

i have an aftermarket hks with chrome charge pipe im gonna have to check it out maybe try a friends charge pipe with bov let me know if u figure yours out

Old 05-20-2005, 04:49 PM
The Crazy Azz Cracka

It could be the temp change. Looks like you guys have been around a low of 50 and a high of low 70s. The less dense air is still getting compressed at 7psi but there is less actual o2 getting in the motor. It is hot as ball down here in Tennessee and the humidity is so thick you break into a sweat walking to the mail box. During the middle of the day my turbo car is a TURD, but when the sun goes down it feels normal. If both of you are having the same trouble in NYthat might the prob. I think you guys are alright.
Old 05-20-2005, 06:22 PM
Nissan Shift

even at night when its cool car feels the same ok so if a bov isnt working right u would loose boost correct it will feels like there boost kickin in but not realy?

Old 05-21-2005, 05:59 AM

Originally Posted by Nissan Shift
even at night when its cool car feels the same ok so if a bov isnt working right u would loose boost correct it will feels like there boost kickin in but not realy?
i found my problem, a boost leak. i tested the b.o.v by reving the engine and putting my hand by where the air is released by the b.o.v. when i revved the engine the release air stopped until i released the gas which means its operational. upon following the clamps and hoses the elbow that connects the charge pipe to the s/c was half off. i was releasing charge into the air and not getting proper boost. after tightening the clamp and testing the car it is back to full power and boost. nissan check for a leak if its not your b.o.v.
Old 05-21-2005, 06:22 AM
Nissan Shift

im gonna try again in alil bit ill get right back at ya