Supercharged/Turbocharged The increase in air/fuel pressure above atmospheric pressure in the intake system caused by the action of a supercharger or turbocharger attached to an engine.

oil pressure problem

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2005, 08:33 PM

oil pressure problem

ant boosted maximas run ito a oil pump failigure i did mine crapped out when i was running at 12psi and blew the motor and the tiubo it sucked just wondering is there some kind of up gradded oil pump for our cars yet????
Old 06-08-2005, 08:49 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by Milehifastmax
ant boosted maximas run ito a oil pump failigure i did mine crapped out when i was running at 12psi and blew the motor and the tiubo it sucked just wondering is there some kind of up gradded oil pump for our cars yet????
Take an English class dude
Old 06-08-2005, 08:56 PM
The Crazy Azz Cracka

Have you been drinking again! If your running 12 psi I doubt the oil pump was the problem. You might want to check the canooter valve, and top off the blinker fluid. Oh, and what kind of AFR are you running that might have something to do with it.
Choray
Old 06-08-2005, 08:59 PM

how do you know your oil pump died ive NEVER heard of this happeneing on a max
Old 06-08-2005, 09:02 PM

lost oil pressure to everything it died. metal shavings in the pan and everything pretty sure it was the oil pump. and to the fact that i am a auto tech at a toyota dealer and went to school for automotive i think that i know what i am talking about.
Old 06-08-2005, 09:09 PM
Eat, sleep, and sh*t 2JZ

so since you're a big time "tech" and you know so much why are you asking this question.....
Old 06-08-2005, 09:10 PM

wondering if any one had a problem with the oil pump ***!!!!
Old 06-09-2005, 09:31 AM
My other car is a Hybrid

So you actually had an oil pressure guage and saw the pressure drop before/during your engine failure?! You also removed the oil pump and check the internals?

AFAIK, the 4th gens are not prone to oil pump failure... Your engine's death is far more likely a failure in air/fuel, wastegate etc...
Old 06-09-2005, 05:19 PM

well the turbo is not going to blow if there is oil running to it and the turbo blew and so did the motor fuel and the wastegate are not going to have a effect on if the engine blows or not fuel will make it run really ****ty if there is low pressure but there was not i know this because if the fuel pressure gauge. as for all of the metal flakes in the pan well that is due to no lubrication - oil!!!
Old 06-09-2005, 09:35 PM
The Crazy Azz Cracka

I lose oil pressure as the turbo consumes and leaks oil. A month after I change my oil enough is consumed that I start to lose pressure when I turn a corner hard. Just for curiosity how much oil was in the pan when it blew. Is there a possibility that when you drilled your return line in the oil pan you could have messed up the pickup tube. If it wasn't bolted up tightly, you could have been sucking up air at the junction causing a loss in pressure. My best friend is a tech at nissan and has never seen an oil pump go bad.
Please start using some punctuation it took me 10 minute to figure out what you were trying to convey.

Choray
Old 06-10-2005, 12:46 AM
Turtle turtle... Moderator

Originally Posted by Milehifastmax
well the turbo is not going to blow if there is oil running to it and the turbo blew and so did the motor fuel and the wastegate are not going to have a effect on if the engine blows or not fuel will make it run really ****ty if there is low pressure but there was not i know this because if the fuel pressure gauge. as for all of the metal flakes in the pan well that is due to no lubrication - oil!!!

if your return line from the turbo is choked it could blow the turbo.. Fuel wont have an effect on if the engine blows? weird...Toyota or your automotive major shoulda taught you that if you run lean you can break stuff espically in boosted applications...what can cause it to run lean? FUEL...oh!..interesting.

What fuel pressure were you running? you could still run lean if you had proper fuel pressure. Maybe it wasnt tuned right. Maybe a main bearing gave out...maybe your oil level was too low. juss cause there's metal flakes doesnt mean the oil pump went out.

I agree that the oil pump barely ever goes out, there is an "upgraded" unit you can get from Nissan....maybe ill tell you next time if your nice...haha
Old 06-10-2005, 07:56 PM

Oh mr big bad ***!! well you can screw your self for being a *******!!! i know i had the right fuel pressure so that was not the case if i wanted to be told abuot this **** i would have asked all i did was aks a simple question. i asked "any boosted maximas run ito a oil pump failigure i did mine crapped out when i was running at 12psi and blew the motor and the tiubo it sucked just wondering is there some kind of up gradded oil pump for our cars yet????" It was just a question if anyone has had a problem and if there was a upgraded pump thats is so thanks for all of your wonderfull help anyway. and yes i know that fuel can make it run rough but it did not i had it tuned so that the fuel trim was at 14.5 to 1 during boost and a little higher when not in boost. I was there helping PFI tune my car so i know that was not the problem. The return line was not pinched at all. Oh yeah my oil light came on as well and when i lifted the car pulled the pressure sending unit, started the car and guess what no oil to the sending unit witch means NO OIL PRESSURE!!!! oil level was not low you forget i am a auto tech i know how to check oil hello!!!!!! no oil leaks and it was not burning any oil. the pump simply gave out. the oil feed and return where ok because i have the oil sandwitch adapter plate from greddy. So no drilling needed for the return line. the system was flawless. so are there any more ****ing questions or not all i wanted was a little help not a god damn interrogation. And further more dont tell me its ok i have buddies that work at nissan so i will find out any way. so kiss my *** and have a nice day!!!
Old 06-10-2005, 08:00 PM

and yes it is a mechanical part so it can go bad thanks anyway
Old 06-10-2005, 08:22 PM

Jeeezzzz somebody has the case of the Mondays .....Unbunch your panties then come back and talk to us, OK ??

-matt
Old 06-10-2005, 08:29 PM
SLOW

Whoa. Chill mang.
Old 06-10-2005, 08:50 PM

Oil pump failures seem to be very uncommon, whether among boosted or NA Maximas, but they do occasionally happen. DAVEB (the parts guy) told me about one just the other day.