Supercharged/Turbocharged The increase in air/fuel pressure above atmospheric pressure in the intake system caused by the action of a supercharger or turbocharger attached to an engine.

If you could do it all over...

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2005, 11:20 PM
UCF Lexus

If you could do it all over...

This question is pertaining to the members who have been boosted at LEAST 2 years. But all comments are welcome...

If you could do it all over, knowing what you know NOW, how would you have boosted your Maxima differently than it is?

Please post your past and/or current setups and why you chose to go that specific route.

Id like to know your future plans too if youre willing to share, but I totally understand and respect the fact if you do not tell ANYONE.
Old 06-11-2005, 06:48 AM

I would have purchased a new fly wheel 2 yrs ago when I had my act installed. Would have saved me $,$$$'s I would have gotten alot lighter wheels too! I think you already know all of this...
Old 06-11-2005, 03:33 PM
The Crazy Azz Cracka

I've Been Boosted For A Year Now And There Are A Few Things I Would Have Changed. I Would Have Passed On The Safc And Bought The Emanage To Begin With. Second, I Would Have Installed A Wb02 Sensor Before Any Thing. The Factory Motor Was Blown Because Of Too Much N02 And The Wb Would Have Given Me A Clue. I Would Not Have Installed The 6 Puck Kevlar Clutch W/ Aluminum Flywheel. On The Suspension Front I Would Not Have Used Weapon R Coilovers And Kybagx Struts, But At The Time I Was Broke.

Now That I Look At The Cash I've Spent I Get A Little Queezy, But At Least It Was Over A 5 Year Period. I'll Tell You One Thing I Am Glad About, None Of My Car Parts Were Financed. I Paid Cash For Every Thing As Funds Came Available. I Have A Friend That Bought A R Hard Turbo For A Si Civid On A Card, Blew The Motor From Too Much Boost, And Had To Pay A Car Payment, $7000 On The Card, And Had To Drive His Momma's Van Every Day For 3 Months Till His Motor Was Rebuilt, At The Cost Of Another $3000.
Before You Go Any Further Expect Things To Go Wrong, And Have Other Means Of Transportation. One Thing To Keep In Mind, If Your Mother Or Wife Complains Now Get Ready For Some Real *****ing!!! When I We Met In The Atl You Appear To Be In Your 20s And I Assume You Live At Home W/ Mom And Dad. That Is A Whole New Can Of Worms To Contend With.

In Conclusion, I Would Not Hesitate To Do It Again, With The Above Changes. My Goal Has Always To Ge To 400hp At The Wheels And That Should Happen With In The Next Month. The Deachwerks Injectors Are On The Way, Zeitronics Wb02 Just Went In, Emanage Is Almost Ready To Go In But It Scares The Crap Out Of Me, And An Afpr. My Piece Of Crap Is Almost Finished And I Would Do It Again. I Just Wish I Would Have Done It To A Rwd That Way I Could Drift. My Next Project Is A 302 In A Miata, But I Have To Buy A House Before That Happens. Hope The Info Helps

By The Way How In The Hell Do You Post Pics On Here. Ive Tried To Set Up A Name On Car Domain But They Never Emailed My Password Back. Give Me A Hollr Back
Choray
Old 06-11-2005, 06:59 PM
Proud of his GroceryGetter!!!!

Jesus lord why do you capitalize everything its so hard to read....
Old 06-11-2005, 07:22 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

That took EFFORT!

Aaaaanyway.....

I would have gone Turbo. I would have gotten a better clutch in the first place and not the ACT, (Have Clutchnet now - way better) and I wouldn't have gone with a lightened flywheel.....<yes I said "wouldn't" - cope with that.>
Old 06-11-2005, 10:01 PM
Moderator who thinks he is better than us with his I30

Only boosted about 4 months so I will let you know in a couple years.
Old 06-12-2005, 08:39 PM
The Crazy Azz Cracka

Sorry bout the caps. The whole thing was supposed to be all caps, I guess the system changed it over. It won't happen again.
Choray
PS. I'm too lazy to do all that.
Old 06-15-2005, 09:32 AM

if i could do it all over again i would have left my max stock and taken the money i have put in my car paid cash for a used 350z. O'well i guess when i get out of school then i can get my 350z and still keep my max
Old 06-15-2005, 10:27 AM
RIP '98 Maxima SE

I should have left my Max alone and then trade it in for something else after a few years.