Supercharged/Turbocharged The increase in air/fuel pressure above atmospheric pressure in the intake system caused by the action of a supercharger or turbocharger attached to an engine.

SAFC Adjustments

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2006, 11:08 AM

SAFC Adjustments

Guys, I am giong on the dyno next month. Got a great group deal offer and a tuning oppurtunity for my SAFC2. Now I see that in settings there are hi throttle settings and Low throttle settings. On which one do i make the adjustments?
Old 03-28-2006, 12:44 PM
VG Ridah's Biatch Hoe

Originally Posted by VQ30DENX_SC
Guys, I am giong on the dyno next month. Got a great group deal offer and a tuning oppurtunity for my SAFC2. Now I see that in settings there are hi throttle settings and Low throttle settings. On which one do i make the adjustments?

hmm.. I bet there is a thread in THE IMPORTANT THREAD LINK POST

at the top of this forum
Old 03-28-2006, 01:08 PM

Originally Posted by Bags
hmm.. I bet there is a thread in THE IMPORTANT THREAD LINK POST

at the top of this forum

Sorry Bags.... . Thanks though!!!
Old 03-28-2006, 01:42 PM

BAGS FTL!! STILL DIDNT ANSWER MY QUESTION!!!! Now I know how to install an already installed SAFC2. Thanks. I also know how to set it up for an NA car. Bump!
Old 03-28-2006, 04:36 PM
VG Ridah's Biatch Hoe

BAGS FTL!! STILL DIDNT ANSWER MY QUESTION!!!! Now I know how to install an already installed SAFC2. Thanks. I also know how to set it up for an NA car. Bump!

ok I guess I'll show you....

click important thread link.... click the 2nd SAFC thread(after the AND)... read post #2, paragraph #7.. there is your answer.... FTMFW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-29-2006, 09:48 AM

I set the Hi/Lo Throttle Settings to 39 and 40%. I used the ECU's diagnostic mode to find out that below ~35% throttle, the car went into closed-loop mode. If you make any fuel flow changes in that throttle range, the ECU will dial them back out to get back to stoichiometric. With Lo set to 39% and NO changes made at that setting, it ensures that all the changes you make in Hi at 40% throttle will not be dialed out by the ECU. The only time the AFC changes come into play is when you are at or above 40% throttle (well, technically, there's a linear ramp from 39-40%). For setting the proper fuel adjustments per rpm, well, there's really no way to do it by feel. Have to dyno tune it, which I have yet to do.

Sigh, NO CLUE wth he means though. I've read this. My friend's turbo altima is set in hi throttle i believe. I wanted to know if i should just set mine there also when i get on the dyno. IE, running lean at 5000-6000 rpm, so on the safc i dump more fuel into that interval, but WHERE? Hi or low throttle? I need this above statement converted to SUPERCHARGED Maxima language.
Old 03-29-2006, 09:58 AM

ok I guess I'll show you....

click important thread link.... click the 2nd SAFC thread(after the AND)... read post #2, paragraph #7.. there is your answer.... FTMFW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FTMFL still!
Old 03-29-2006, 12:31 PM
VG Ridah's Biatch Hoe

Sigh, NO CLUE wth he means though. I've read this. My friend's turbo altima is set in hi throttle i believe. I wanted to know if i should just set mine there also when i get on the dyno. IE, running lean at 5000-6000 rpm, so on the safc i dump more fuel into that interval, but WHERE? Hi or low throttle? I need this above statement converted to SUPERCHARGED Maxima language.

supercharged,turbo,na,nitrous,meth,mouse on a wheel.... it does not matter... the MAXIMA ECU will make adjustments BELOW 40% throttle.. so you set your hi throttle settings at 40% and low at 39% and ONLY make fuel adjustments on your hi throttle setting... this is the answer to the question you posted. FTFMFW

NOW, the RPM increments and what RPM you add fuel at is another story.. so WTF are you talking about??
Old 03-29-2006, 07:50 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Is this true for the third gen ecu as well.
And does anyone have any settings that I could you for my 4th gen. I only have a y-pipe and intake on the 4th gen but I want to try to lean wot out some?
Old 03-30-2006, 10:54 AM

supercharged,turbo,na,nitrous,meth,mouse on a wheel.... it does not matter... the MAXIMA ECU will make adjustments BELOW 40% throttle.. so you set your hi throttle settings at 40% and low at 39% and ONLY make fuel adjustments on your hi throttle setting... this is the answer to the question you posted. FTFMFW
Thank you. See that was just a great Maxima.org response.

NOW, the RPM increments and what RPM you add fuel at is another story.. so WTF are you talking about??
Ay! You cursing at me now? Werd?
Old 03-30-2006, 12:14 PM
Rice Boy in Denial =)

But his response is exactly what you posted.

I set the Hi/Lo Throttle Settings to 39 and 40%. I used the ECU's diagnostic mode to find out that below ~35% throttle, the car went into closed-loop mode. If you make any fuel flow changes in that throttle range, the ECU will dial them back out to get back to stoichiometric. With Lo set to 39% and NO changes made at that setting, it ensures that all the changes you make in Hi at 40% throttle will not be dialed out by the ECU. The only time the AFC changes come into play is when you are at or above 40% throttle (well, technically, there's a linear ramp from 39-40%). For setting the proper fuel adjustments per rpm, well, there's really no way to do it by feel. Have to dyno tune it, which I have yet to do.
Old 03-30-2006, 08:36 PM
VG Ridah's Biatch Hoe

Ay! You cursing at me now? Werd?

the below explains

Originally Posted by Y2KevSE
But his response is exactly what you posted
Exactly..... I said EXACTLY what is in the sticky that I pointed you to and exactly what you copied.

I am not trying to be a smart a$$.. if you don't understand what something says, just say so. We all have to learn, and maybe saying it a different way helped you understand it.

If I can actually help you or anybody else, I will. I just don't like people not trying for themselves. Once you posted the qoute and your statement, I thought you may be confused by what the 1st poster said. Again, I am not trying to say your dumb or that I am smarter than you. We did not communicate well to each other is all.

Don't be embarrased by saying I don't know or I don't understand. Those statements tell people trying to help you that you are trying, but the light is not coming on. And maybe re-wording it will do the trick.

Old 03-30-2006, 08:38 PM
VG Ridah's Biatch Hoe

Originally Posted by Y2KevSE
But his response is exactly what you posted.

nice to see you in here..and BTW I want pics
Old 03-31-2006, 08:46 AM

I am not trying to be a smart a$$.. if you don't understand what something says, just say so. We all have to learn, and maybe saying it a different way helped you understand it.

Post #6:

Sigh, NO CLUE wth he means though. I've read this.
Old 03-31-2006, 08:48 AM

Thanks anyways, I do read the stickies. Any of the questions I ask in this forum are usually ones that aren't answered in the stickies. I think there should be a separate sticky for SAFC tuning, adjusting, and just the settings. That flow chart in the manual was a little disorienting. Who would have thought that I'd find Tuning information in the SAFC INSTALLATION thread. That's why I missed it the first time. Like I said, you answered my question, the information in the sticky wasn't as direct as you were, thanks.
Old 03-31-2006, 08:59 AM
VG Ridah's Biatch Hoe

Post #6:

My little brain was not able to read that...lol...

sorry, I missed that completly
Old 03-31-2006, 09:02 AM
VG Ridah's Biatch Hoe

Thanks anyways, I do read the stickies. Any of the questions I ask in this forum are usually ones that aren't answered in the stickies. I think there should be a separate sticky for SAFC tuning, adjusting, and just the settings. That flow chart in the manual was a little disorienting. Who would have thought that I'd find Tuning information in the SAFC INSTALLATION thread. That's why I missed it the first time. Like I said, you answered my question, the information in the sticky wasn't as direct as you were, thanks.

You make a vaild point and I will make a different title for that thread.

Did you see Jay25's post about tuning in the sticky? I have not read it, but if you have and it is not clear let me know. Either jay or I or both can help clear it up.