Supercharged/Turbocharged The increase in air/fuel pressure above atmospheric pressure in the intake system caused by the action of a supercharger or turbocharger attached to an engine.

lc1 wideband error code 9

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2015, 05:58 PM

lc1 wideband error code 9

I just installed the Innovate lc1 wideband and im getting a error code 9 which means low voltage. I connected the 12v wire to a 12v line on the fuse box (i think its the fuel pump line). I tie together the blue and white ground wire and bolt it down to the engine bay chassis. I didnt connect the wideband yet. with the key on the ON position it goes straight to the E -9. Just wondering if anyone install there lc1 differently?
Old 07-05-2015, 09:54 AM
2 VE's are better than one!

Innovate widebands are VERY susceptible to less-than-ideal installation methods. You need to cleanly solder everything. Don't just use wire-crimpers etc.

Did you tie your blue and white wire to a SINGLE lug ground? I actually have FOUR wires all going to this single lug ground. One is from the push button and black wire of the LED. One is from the gauge. Then the blue and white from the unit itself. All four of these are soldered into a single (about 12 gauge) wire and that wire only is ran to a ring terminal ground through the firewall. I have my ring terminal grounded/bolted right there on one of the EGR valve 10 mm bolts since it's a straight shot nearly from where my wires came out.

I have the red power wire from the gauge AND from the unit itself both soldered together into a single (larger) fused line that is tied into the yellow/green wire on the larger of the radio wiring plug.

The yellow wire from my gauge is ran to the red/blue on my steering column.

The red wire from my gauge is ran to the yellow/green on my radio harness as stated above.

The white wire from my gauge is connected to the brown wire from the unit wiring.

The black wire from my gauge is ran to the single lug ground as stated above.

The yellow wire from the unit itself I don't have connnected.

The black wire from the unit itself is ran to one side of the push button AND the red wire on the LED.

The other push button wire is connected to the single wire ground stated above AND the black wire on the LED.

Red wire from the unit itself is ran to the yellow/green on the radio as stated above.

I think that's all the wires. At least that's all the ones I can locate through the slightly tangled mess I have in there. Hopefully this helps. Let me know if you want me to clarify any of those.

I have every connection soldered and have heat shrink on it. There are many ways to skin a cat but the above is how mine is set up, and not a single error/problem from day 1. Also not sure if your wire colors are the same as mine or if you're using the push button and LED.
Old 07-06-2015, 04:03 AM

Thank you. Im going to start over. My lc1 has 7 wires. I have the xd16 guage with lc1.
Old 07-06-2015, 04:34 PM

I have the older innovate setup which comes with the xd-16 guage. Not the digital new version guage. i got it to work Now. Thanks to a website i found that has easy instructions with picture.

Here is the link for the Innovate wideband with lc1 and xd16 guage. http://www.svtperformance.com/forums...1-Wideband-Kit