Tires and Wheels Rubber, and lots of rubber in all kinds of sizes. What do you use when it's freezing? What do you use when it's hot? You want sticky rubbers? How about rubbers that will last a long time? Find your perfect rubber in here.

Protecting Wheels During Winter Months

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2003, 11:22 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Protecting Wheels During Winter Months

Hello,

I live in Fargo, ND and I was wondering if anyone knows of a good way to protect the factory chrome 5-spokes on my 2001 Maxima GLE during the winter. I've heard of putting a coat of axle grease or bee's wax on them before the snow flies and then cleaning it off in the sping. Has anyone tried either of these options. Also I don't want to buy a set of steel wheels for the winter so no one needs to waste thier time telling me to do that. Thanks in advance for any advice.

AbNoRMaL
Old 10-03-2003, 12:56 PM
Sanduguero

Originally Posted by AbNoRMaL
Hello,

I live in Fargo, ND and I was wondering if anyone knows of a good way to protect the factory chrome 5-spokes on my 2001 Maxima GLE during the winter. I've heard of putting a coat of axle grease or bee's wax on them before the snow flies and then cleaning it off in the sping. Has anyone tried either of these options. Also I don't want to buy a set of steel wheels for the winter so no one needs to waste thier time telling me to do that. Thanks in advance for any advice.

AbNoRMaL

Well you might want to consider a cover for parking purposes but for a daily thing i think that you need to clean them at least every few days i know salt and rocks will eat thru your grease, wax, ect is not that effective then corrosion will start sand will really mess up the crhomies..
Old 10-04-2003, 06:45 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by AbNoRMaL
Hello,

AbNoRMaL
You could pick up some wheel wax and wax your wheels. This should help to protect your wheels during the winter months. And I would agree that you should clean them whenever possible.

Good luck