Tires and Wheels Rubber, and lots of rubber in all kinds of sizes. What do you use when it's freezing? What do you use when it's hot? You want sticky rubbers? How about rubbers that will last a long time? Find your perfect rubber in here.

Disgusted with my tires

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2003, 12:23 AM

Disgusted with my tires

Today I found a freaking nail in my tire. This is the fourth tire I had to replace the Potenza RE92. I'm getting disgusted since Firestone charges 274 bucks for one. It seem like these Potenza are magnets for nails and screws. I think I should get all new four tires of a different brand. Are Nitto tires good? I want get an aggressive wide tread. I wonder if 235/45/17 will fit on the stock rim? Or should i stick with the OEM size
Old 10-09-2003, 09:37 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

I hope you don't honestly think switching to another brand/model of tire will cut down on the number of punctures you're getting. Seriously, I would watch where I'm driving (construction areas, etc) and maybe check infront of your tires once in a while to see if some jerk is deliberately placing nails/screws in front of your tires so you drive over them...

Unless the nail/screw puncture is close to the sidewall, they should be able to plug and patch the tire for you for a few dollars and not require replacement. Just don't do any more 140mph runs on them. It just seems odd that every time you've had to actually replace the tire... For the price they're charging I think you're probably getting shafted and then they turn around, patch the old tire, and sell it.

Sorry, 235/45 won't fit on 5th Gen wheels. Those tires require a 7.5" wide wheel minimum. Some people have gone to 225/45 though. Try running some searches on this, as that size will have a TON of good choices.