Tires and Wheels Rubber, and lots of rubber in all kinds of sizes. What do you use when it's freezing? What do you use when it's hot? You want sticky rubbers? How about rubbers that will last a long time? Find your perfect rubber in here.

interested in some new rims

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2003, 07:19 PM

interested in some new rims

i have a 99 gle Maxima with those stock 15" rims and im looking to buy some rims, i dont really know which ones are good for racing and dont weigh alot but i dont know what kinds i shuld look at, i wanna get some 18", i dont know of chrome is good or not, if its gonna use more engine power, so if som1 knows alot about rims just tell me a little about them plz...
Old 10-19-2003, 08:48 PM

check out my homepage, rims are for sale. im 20 minutes from clifton on the weekends (Rockaway).
Old 10-19-2003, 10:48 PM
DoGGy

www.tirerack.com is best place to buy rims.

best looking rims on a max are
18" millie miglia evo5
18" moda r6
18" racing hart c5

Old 10-20-2003, 09:47 AM

Originally Posted by worm
check out my homepage, rims are for sale. im 20 minutes from clifton on the weekends (Rockaway).

wow those are some nice rims, are you selling them with the tires? and why are you selling them? and also what is the price? and do you know if you shoud drop your car know or after you get your 18" rims? cause i got the oem 15" and when im gonna get some new rims im gonna drop the car.
Old 10-20-2003, 10:02 AM

Everything you ever cared to know:
http://maxmods.dyndns.org/?MaximaHandling
Old 10-20-2003, 01:15 PM

Originally Posted by XoPtOn
wow those are some nice rims, are you selling them with the tires? and why are you selling them? and also what is the price? and do you know if you shoud drop your car know or after you get your 18" rims? cause i got the oem 15" and when im gonna get some new rims im gonna drop the car.
Ok heres the run down on those rims. They are 18x8.5 Zennetti Vega's with Falken ZIEX tires (245/40/R18, i will sell those with the rims they are in good condition). the rims are still under warranty so i can give you that also. I bought them for $2200, im hoping to get something close to $1500 for them, i dont know if that is out of your price range but we can talk about it.

One of the rims is peeling on the inside but nothing on the outside. If you want to claim the warranty you could get a new rim from a place in Union, i just dont get much time to go down there. They are off my car right now so if you want to check them out its cool.

Let me know if you are interested, i can assure you that there is nothing wrong with these rims aside from the peeling on one rim, but you cannot see it unless you look on the inside of the rim. The Falken tires are awesome and they are still in good condition, these rims have only been on my car for like 6 months and now they are off, i just want a new look.
Old 10-21-2003, 10:01 AM

are those rims chrome and how heavy are they? im still savin my money up so its gonna be maybe a month or 2 before i can afford yours
Old 10-21-2003, 10:03 AM

and does any1 know what you need to buy to lower your car? Worm what did you use to lower your car and what was the price range to have it all done?
Old 10-21-2003, 10:20 AM

Chrome rims are generally heavier than a non-chrome wheel, but these are considered to be not too bad. I never really noticed a difference in speed from the wheels. As for the springs i bought the eibach kit from a shop in Union. $240 for the springs $80 for the install. that is the same shop that i bought the rims from. You will have to get an allignment done after your car is lowered. The warranty is up in January, so if you want to claim it on the one rim that is peeling let me know. (im going to go down there if i get a chance to claim it but if i dont i will just give you the receipt for them, its really not that big of a deal but if it bothers you, you have that option)
Old 10-21-2003, 04:52 PM

nah that doesnt bother me, if it doesnt hurt the way it rides or looks from the outside then im cool with it, i would really appreciate it if you would fix it bu if u cant its okay, i really like your rims and if i had the money right now i would buy them but i gotta wait a little while cause my birthdays comin up and ill be gettin some money and ill be still worken and gettin some money, i just got one more question, why are you selling your rims?
Old 10-21-2003, 08:51 PM

Im selling the rims because im starting to run out of money, and id like to get myself an apartment and maybe another car. as far as fixing it, i had a couple of ideas to try and fix it, ill see what i can do. im in no real rush to sell them so just let me know when you are ready, you can come take a look at them whenever you want.