Tires and Wheels Rubber, and lots of rubber in all kinds of sizes. What do you use when it's freezing? What do you use when it's hot? You want sticky rubbers? How about rubbers that will last a long time? Find your perfect rubber in here.

ATT: These tires are bad.....very

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2004, 10:01 PM

ATT: These tires are bad.....very

the stock tires that came with my i30 are horrible, and I found many who said the same thing. Dont drive thses in the snow, i cant even get up my drive way, but my nighboor who has a tiny car with 13 inch wheels can!

http://www.1010tires.com/tirereviews...l=Potenza+RE92

can anyone recommend good tires? Sucks because they do look cool and they are brand spanking new. Can I sell them somewhere or trade them in to get new ones?
Old 01-16-2004, 01:06 PM

Originally Posted by edubz
the stock tires that came with my i30 are horrible, and I found many who said the same thing. Dont drive thses in the snow, i cant even get up my drive way, but my nighboor who has a tiny car with 13 inch wheels can!

http://www.1010tires.com/tirereviews...l=Potenza+RE92

can anyone recommend good tires? Sucks because they do look cool and they are brand spanking new. Can I sell them somewhere or trade them in to get new ones?
13" wheels = more weight on less area = cuts through the snow better. Bigger wheels are worse for snow, actually, hence why tirerack has most snow packages on 15 or 16" rims. Not saying the tires don't suck, but your comparison is flawed.
Old 01-17-2004, 04:15 PM

Originally Posted by nguyendot
13" wheels = more weight on less area = cuts through the snow better. Bigger wheels are worse for snow, actually, hence why tirerack has most snow packages on 15 or 16" rims. Not saying the tires don't suck, but your comparison is flawed.

hmmm, I always though wider tired gripped the ground better, but I am car dumb, so I am learning as I go along. Bad tired either way.
Old 01-17-2004, 07:51 PM
Go BUCKS!!!

Originally Posted by edubz
Bad tired either way.

Ding, ding, ding. You are 100% correct. This was a very poor choice in tires for any car let alone an i30 or Maxima. What was Nissan thinking? I'm ordering the Continental ContiExtreme tonight. 235/45/17 for $111/ea at Tirerack.com. Also, FYI, this topic has been buried into the ground.
Old 01-17-2004, 09:35 PM
Clay Aiken has fancy genitals

Originally Posted by nguyendot
Wheel diameter has nothing to do with wheel width. A 13x6" wheel will have the same width as a 16x6" wheel. Although, chances are that the 13" wheel is generally going to be narrower than the 17" (as are the tires), which makes your post make sense.

The main reason TireRack uses 15"s and 16"s is to be cost effective. No one in their right mind is going to buy 18" snow tires. Also, having the extra rubber on the tire sidewall with smaller rims gives you the flexibility of manipulating tire pressure in order to better adapt to terrain in extreme conditions.
Old 01-24-2004, 08:04 PM

if u wanna get the rims re-tired i would go with michelin. thats what i have on mine and they are all weather and seem to do the trick. no probs getting up driveways