Tires and Wheels Rubber, and lots of rubber in all kinds of sizes. What do you use when it's freezing? What do you use when it's hot? You want sticky rubbers? How about rubbers that will last a long time? Find your perfect rubber in here.
View Poll Results: What rims will be nice with my car?
W65 Silver
33.33%
W65 Gunmetal
33.33%
W66
33.33%
Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

opinios for some wheels!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2004, 06:56 AM

opinios for some wheels!!!

I found those wheels for my 2k3 silver maxima... what do you guys think?

ICON Gunmetal W65

ICON Silver W65

ICON W66
Old 01-21-2004, 07:09 AM

I want these. I love how they look.
Old 01-21-2004, 07:57 AM

they are gonna look smaller than they are. I just sold my 18" rims that had a similar lip b/c they looked really small!!

other than that they look good
Old 01-21-2004, 02:10 PM

Originally Posted by ohannon7
they are gonna look smaller than they are. I just sold my 18" rims that had a similar lip b/c they looked really small!!

other than that they look good
im really confused after that...
Old 01-21-2004, 05:03 PM
Clay Aiken has fancy genitals

Originally Posted by GreekMaxima
A deep lip like that will make those wheels look like 17"s. Also, because they are only 7.5" wide, they will look even more sucked into the fender. I vote no on all 3.
Old 01-21-2004, 09:25 PM

You have to keep something in mind when buying wheels. Perception. Most wheels, like the 3 you have here, have lips that are designed with a slight angle that gives the wheel a smaller look than the wheel is actually. (perception is not emphasized) These type wheels usually look good on smaller cars (like compacts, subcompacts and sport coupes.)

Now with bigger cars (like ours) the effect of perception makes these wheelare very noticeable & appear tiny. If you are concerned with size appearance, its best to go with a wheel that has an actual lip extended over the design spokes (Such as most Enkei and Konig wheels, and any wheel made by Dazz motorsports like Racing Hart & RH Evolution.) or stick with a wheel that is flush against the outer rim with long spokes (like the stock wheels on the 2003-present Maximas and I's.) *some tilt inward and others just are flat.* I.E., notice how large my stock rims appear on my car in the sig, those are 17's but due to the perception concept, they appear larger than they are.

Its very tricky, but here are a few websites you can browse to help with your decision. www.acealloywheels.com
http://dirtcheaprims.com/MAINHOME.html
www.rimstop.com

These websites use the softwheels program and have our cars with a nice selections of different wheels available on real world time. Check it out. (and you can change the sizes.)
Old 01-21-2004, 11:57 PM

Originally Posted by gqmac2
You have to keep something in mind when buying wheels. Perception. Most wheels, like the 3 you have here, have lips that are designed with a slight angle that gives the wheel a smaller look than the wheel is actually. (perception is not emphasized) These type wheels usually look good on smaller cars (like compacts, subcompacts and sport coupes.)

Now with bigger cars (like ours) the effect of perception makes these wheelare very noticeable & appear tiny. If you are concerned with size appearance, its best to go with a wheel that has an actual lip extended over the design spokes (Such as most Enkei and Konig wheels, and any wheel made by Dazz motorsports like Racing Hart & RH Evolution.) or stick with a wheel that is flush against the outer rim with long spokes (like the stock wheels on the 2003-present Maximas and I's.) *some tilt inward and others just are flat.* I.E., notice how large my stock rims appear on my car in the sig, those are 17's but due to the perception concept, they appear larger than they are.

Its very tricky, but here are a few websites you can browse to help with your decision. www.acealloywheels.com
http://dirtcheaprims.com/MAINHOME.html
www.rimstop.com

These websites use the softwheels program and have our cars with a nice selections of different wheels available on real world time. Check it out. (and you can change the sizes.)
thanks a lot man
Old 01-22-2004, 11:25 AM

thanks a lot man
No problem chief. I know how hard it is in making a decision for wheels some designs look good on one vehicle but different on another.