Tires and Wheels Rubber, and lots of rubber in all kinds of sizes. What do you use when it's freezing? What do you use when it's hot? You want sticky rubbers? How about rubbers that will last a long time? Find your perfect rubber in here.

Hankook Ventus Hrii H405 tires

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2004, 08:04 AM

Hankook Ventus Hrii H405 tires

Hankook Ventus Hrii H405

Has anyone had any experience with these tires? Specs and price look good but looking for your opinions. http://www.edgeracing.com/tire/966/

Will be used on '02 Maxima daily driver that is driven slightly aggresively. Car is driven year round so looking for rain and snow traction as well as performance and decent tread wear.
Old 10-04-2004, 05:54 PM
Got Projectors?

I was tempted to get those tires because of the price and the fact that they come in the stock size.

I was also happy to see them listed there as "all-season" tires, but got confused when I saw the tread design.

As such, I wrote Hankook and got a response:

"No, this tire is not all season. It does not have any sipes, which help identify (but not the only requirement) a tire as all season. Their straight circumferential grooves will be good for wet traction but will not do much in the snow.

Thank you for your interest in Hankook Tire.

Best regards,

John Lofgren
Hankook Tire, Akron Technical Center"

Thus...I'd pass on them if you want any kind of snow traction. I went through a Tennessee winter which is VERY mild with my Summer tires and have vowed to never do it again (a freak snowstorm in the mountains can change your mind like that).
Old 10-04-2004, 09:11 PM

Falken Ziex Ze-512

Thanks for the reply. That makes a huge difference. I'm now leaning towards the Falken Ziex Ze-512. Have seen some good reviews from others on the board.

http://www.edgeracing.com/tire/767/
Old 10-06-2004, 10:40 AM
Custom User Title

the Hankooks are All-seasons, they have M+S on the sidewall. I just bought these tires so I don't know how they are in the snow. For the price I thought it was worth a shot.
But, I also have full time snows on other rims.