Tires and Wheels Rubber, and lots of rubber in all kinds of sizes. What do you use when it's freezing? What do you use when it's hot? You want sticky rubbers? How about rubbers that will last a long time? Find your perfect rubber in here.

Feedback on Goodyear Eagle ResponsEdge Tires

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2007 | 11:55 PM

Feedback on Goodyear Eagle ResponsEdge Tires

Just wanted to post my feedback on the new Goodyear Eagle ResponsEdge tires. I originally was going to get the F1 GSD3s but my cousin talked me out of it and said to go with the ResponsEdges. He said the ride would be better, quieter and will last longer than the F1s. I figured I'd give them a try. Because of the tire plant strike, I had to wait over a month so I finally got them installed yesterday.

Didn't really push it while driving home but the car really stuck on the on-ramp to the freeway. It was a two lane loop on-ramp and I was on the outside lane and overtook couple of cars before booking it. The interior noise has dropped and ride comfort has improved. At high speeds both on concrete and asphalt, the car really sticks. Braking has also slightly improved.

Since it rained last night, I was able to see how well the traction was. Cornering and turning were tight and the car really stuck, both on wet asphalt and concrete.

I'm pretty impressed with the ResponsEdges and I'm looking forward to seeing these tires continue to perform as the wear. Hopefully they will last longer than the Bridgestone Potenza RE92s.

I'll continue to post by feedback but in the mean time here are some pics.

Old 03-27-2007 | 07:42 PM

Any new thoughts after three more weeks with these tires?

I am about to replace my Toyo Proxes 4's. One tire is separating the tread. Since they have about 29,000 on them and I don't want to replace just the one (or even two at a time) I'm thinking about switching to a non-directional tread so I can rotate the tires to both sides of the car.

The Toyos were great initially, but at the second rotation I was told there was some uneven wear and feathering that were the result of improper mounting originally, and since I could only rotate front to back, they've basically continued that way since (they didn't make 225/50's at that time, and I couldn't get a warranty for the 225/45's as they were "improperly sized", so I couldn't replace them). I still have about 3-4 mm of tread per tire, but they are definitely feeling less "inspired" as compared to when I bought them. They were a HUGE improvement over the OEM Potenzas (as has been stated over and over here) but again, I'm thinking I'd like to get a non-directional tire.

Thanks
Old 03-29-2007 | 07:06 AM

Hey guys, I've been looking for reviews on these tires for the last few months as I'm about to replace my rubber as well. The ones I'm interested in....the ResponseEdge, the Turanza LS-V, Bridgestone 960AS, and the Pirelli P Zero Nero M&S.

I'm stuck on which tires to buy. I want a smooth, quiet comfortable ride since the Maxima suspension is anything but that, but I also do not want to sacrifice too much handling. I know the LS-V's win for comfort and quiet but do they handle well? Will the tires turn in with agressive turning? AHHH, looking forward to any responses.
Old 03-29-2007 | 11:01 AM

I'm interested in these tires too, but how do they handle in snow?
Old 03-29-2007 | 02:20 PM

Originally Posted by Mints33
I'm interested in these tires too, but how do they handle in snow?
An all season would probably handle better, like the Potenza 960AS. Or check out the Pirelli P Zero Nero M&S. Just by looking at the tread pattern you can tell the AS's would handle better.
Old 04-05-2007 | 02:21 PM

My apologies to all for not posting updates on the ResponsEdges. Been busy with work and taking care of other stuff.

First of all, since I live in Hawaii we don't get snow unless you're at the top of Mauna Kea and Manua Loa on the Big Island of Hawaii. Sorry.

It's been over a month since I've purchase these tires and I've been very please with them. Interior noise has gone down at high speeds. Braking has improved a bit. Ride is smoothe like floating on air on good stretch of roads. Turning has been really fun. I kinda had to take it easy because the last time I made a left turning while the roads were wet(concrete surface), I lost traction for a moment in the middle of the turn. Kinda pushed it little over the edge. Gas mileage has improved a little.

Not sure if it's the tire/suspension combo, but I can really feel the bumps and imperfections in poor roads. I'm still on my OEM SE suspension. And yes, the roads suck here in Honolulu.

The one thing I did notice is that everytime I get out of the car when I reached my destination, I can smell the rubber. Never happened before. Also, from a cosmetic stand point, the armor all tire shine foam wares out faster than before.

At one month out, everything has been good. Starting to believe that these ReponsEdges are great OEM replacements.
Old 07-19-2007 | 10:43 PM

It's been almost four months since I got these ResponsEdges and I've been very satisfied. I will need to go back very soon for my first rotation, balance and possible alignment service. Starting to hear this slight whining sound at higher speeds.

Tirerack Overview
Old 10-03-2007 | 02:40 PM

6 month update

At six months out I'm satisfied with these tires. With a lot of roads under construction it's difficult to find a good stretch of road to enjoy the quiet ride. The whining noise in my last post turned out to be a bad wheel bearing and not the tire.

Anyone who has these ResponsEdges and lives in areas of snowfall, please feel free to post them in this thread.
Old 10-08-2007 | 07:33 AM

+1 on the ResponseEdge rubber.

I've had a set for 2.5 months, about 4500 miles.

Both wet and dry traction is excellent, and the noise is very
acceptable.

Now I'm 100% sure my right rear wheel bearing's shot. Of course,
I'm sure it's a maintenance thing, and not because I'm taking corners
faster...

Originally Posted by 808MAX-SPEC
The whining noise in my last post turned out to be a bad wheel bearing and not the tire.
Hmmm....
Old 10-18-2007 | 08:45 AM

I absolutely love these tires. A bit on the expensive side but hey its not like you replace these every time you get a oil change. Also if you order it from www.discounttiredirect.com they have a 100 bucks off and they have free shipping depending on where you live i think. And the detail they put into these tires is incredible. If you ever see these up close and look into the tread you can see the goodyeear logo on the bottom of the tread.
Old 10-18-2007 | 09:42 AM

Originally Posted by 808MAX-SPEC
I originally was going to get the F1 GSD3s but my cousin talked me out of it and said to go with the ResponsEdges. He said the ride would be better, quieter and will last longer than the F1s.
Ride would be better, grip would be worse, wet traction would be worse, response would be worse.... of course the ride would be better. They're not performance tires.

Glad you like them though.