Tires and Wheels Rubber, and lots of rubber in all kinds of sizes. What do you use when it's freezing? What do you use when it's hot? You want sticky rubbers? How about rubbers that will last a long time? Find your perfect rubber in here.

Does size mater????

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2008, 11:11 AM

Does size mater????

You bet your sweet *** it does. I promised I would do this one day, Maxima on 17x10s with 275/40 race rubber....

Now I just need some fender flares..... hmmm I was planning on painting the car soon....

I'm sure there will be some rubbing, but nothing from my drive around the neighborhood. At least I know if the Z is down I can try these at an event.
Old 03-15-2008, 12:06 PM
Offset Is Everything.

NICE. its about time someone did it. FN's + race rubber = win. looks damn good and aggressive as hell. props mang. ill be joining the 10" wide club soon. preordered!

Last edited by MrDicks95SE; 03-15-2008 at 12:09 PM.
Old 03-15-2008, 04:29 PM

hot damn that looks badass. Camber the fronts in as much as you can then moar pics.

Originally Posted by Mr****s95SE
NICE. its about time someone did it. FN's + race rubber = win. looks damn good and aggressive as hell. props mang. ill be joining the 10" wide club soon. preordered!
Yeah, but only in the rear where they don't do anything.

Last edited by MorpheusZero; 03-15-2008 at 04:31 PM.
Old 03-16-2008, 02:03 AM
Offset Is Everything.

Originally Posted by MorpheusZero
Yeah, but only in the rear where they don't do anything.

aw boooo. no love man, no love... heheh. hella flush or no dice. 10s up front stick out too much for my taste no matter how much camber youre running, how high an offset, or how stretched the tire is on a maxima. even with a +45et on a 10", it'd probably hit the strut or massively rub on turns, especially with a 275 tire. with the way im dropped, no dice man. with z32drifter's setup he may need to get stiffer springs/thicker swaybars, fender flares with a fender trim, or find some other way to fit those meat suckers without rubbing. the fender would dig right into the tread of the tire. negative camber should help in that process but the rears its definitely going to be a problem especially with tracking it/being a DD. rear beam ftl.
Old 03-16-2008, 02:48 AM
Go BUCKS!!!

Mater?

Old 03-16-2008, 03:36 AM

herra frush or
10s are perfectly flush in the rear, no need to camber that in (plus, we need all the oversteer we can get). The rear wheels do NOTHING for the A32... 9" is pretty much perfect for fitment, if you're super concerned about flushness in the rear then get a 10mm spacer. It's worth the tradeoff if you ask me.

Tell you what, when I run circles around you on a road course maybe you'll be singing a different tune.

Originally Posted by SEmy2K2go
Mater?

[IMG]http://images.motortrend.com/features/scenes/112_0606_cars_27z+disney_pixar_film_cars+tow_mater .jpg[IMG]
Nice, I didn't catch that.

Last edited by MorpheusZero; 03-16-2008 at 03:39 AM.
Old 03-16-2008, 05:56 AM

I think a 9 +40 would be the perfect fit for a 4th gen front. It should be ultra flush with out sticking out. The 10 +35 still has decent clearance at the strut, but I don't think there is enough room to pull a 10 under the stock fender (you could get close with stretched tires and camber). My friend has a 18x10 +50 on the back of his Z32 I'd like to test fit.... I think I have some sort of sickness
Old 03-16-2008, 02:12 PM
Offset Is Everything.

10s are perfectly flush in the rear, no need to camber that in (plus, we need all the oversteer we can get). The rear wheels do NOTHING for the A32... 9" is pretty much perfect for fitment, if you're super concerned about flushness in the rear then get a 10mm spacer. It's worth the tradeoff if you ask me.

Tell you what, when I run circles around you on a road course maybe you'll be singing a different tune.
you think i didnt know that huh. i KNOW 10s sit perfectly flush in the rear. durr we cant camber the rears anyways (unless you heat the beam and bend it). i was talking about the fronts which you can only camber. Yes, I do agree with you that 9's are prefect all around and would be worth the tradeoff but you have to already realize that I'm in it for the looks. I could careless right now about handling and performance. I'm an automatic so my car is slow as fawk anyways.

I'll tell YOU what. I never said id track my car and if I did, I wouldnt take a Maxima. Nor would I be running that much of a staggered setup on a fwd car. Now if I built a decent similar setup car for track purposes, we'll see who'd be singing that different tune
Old 03-16-2008, 02:52 PM

you think i didnt know that huh. i KNOW 10s sit perfectly flush in the rear. durr we cant camber the rears anyways (unless you heat the beam and bend it).
negative camber should help in that process but the rears its definitely going to be a problem especially with tracking it/being a DD. rear beam ftl.
You mentioned it, not me.

i was talking about the fronts which you can only camber. Yes, I do agree with you that 9's are prefect all around and would be worth the tradeoff but you have to already realize that I'm in it for the looks. I could careless right now about handling and performance. I'm an automatic so my car is slow as fawk anyways.
Just because you won't be a Ferrari, doesn't mean you should make it slower.

I'll tell YOU what. I never said id track my car and if I did, I wouldnt take a Maxima. Nor would I be running that much of a staggered setup on a fwd car. Now if I built a decent similar setup car for track purposes, we'll see who'd be singing that different tune
If you wanna break the rules, give me the same amount of money and I'll still run circles around you with only two wheels.

But tracking an underdog FTW

I'm just pulling your chain, I just don't like it when people make their cars perform worse for the sake of looks.

Last edited by MorpheusZero; 03-16-2008 at 03:20 PM.
Old 03-16-2008, 03:24 PM
Offset Is Everything.

well i was talking mainly about the problem with cambering the rears. if he were running a stretched tire, say a 245 or 255 on a 10, he shouldnt have a problem, but seeing as he is running a 275 on a 10, id definitely see a problem with rubbing issues. yes it WILL be flush, but he will be rubbing even with rolled and pulled fenders. being flush and rubbing = no dice.

I'm in it for the looks. These 19s will most likely weigh about the same if not a tad lighter than my 18s. Those Works are beasts. So in a sense, no I'm not making it slower.

LOL two wheels huh. well let me grab my motorcycle and pwn you on a roadcourse then . I was referring to setting up my Maxima as a light duty track car.

stop picking apart my posts Morpheus. leave me alone.
Old 03-16-2008, 04:45 PM

well i was talking mainly about the problem with cambering the rears. if he were running a stretched tire, say a 245 or 255 on a 10, he shouldnt have a problem, but seeing as he is running a 275 on a 10, id definitely see a problem with rubbing issues. yes it WILL be flush, but he will be rubbing even with rolled and pulled fenders. being flush and rubbing = no dice.
A real man has half his tread stuck to his fender.

I'm in it for the looks. These 19s will most likely weigh about the same if not a tad lighter than my 18s. Those Works are beasts. So in a sense, no I'm not making it slower.
Slower than stock

LOL two wheels huh. well let me grab my motorcycle and pwn you on a roadcourse then. I was referring to setting up my Maxima as a light duty track car.
My point was that using a different car is cheating.

stop picking apart my posts Morpheus. leave me alone.
Bah.
Old 03-16-2008, 06:27 PM
Offset Is Everything.

A real man has half his tread stuck to his fender.
have fun scraping all that rubber out from under there and dealing with the burning rubber smell every day i used to when i was running 18x8 and 245s. smelled delicious.

Slower than stock
you know that makes me wonder...

My point was that using a different car is cheating.
even if i use an underpowered EG hatchback with the same amount of money you used for modifications? heheh
Old 03-16-2008, 07:55 PM

have fun scraping all that rubber out from under there and dealing with the burning rubber smell every day i used to when i was running 18x8 and 245s. smelled delicious.
If I wake up to the smell of burning rubber I am a happy man.

even if i use an underpowered EG hatchback with the same amount of money you used for modifications? heheh
Konis (came with car)
FSTB (came with car)
Eibachs $100 shipped
RSB $120 shipped
wheels $400 picked up for 2 sets
LTBII $70 guilted the ex into picking it up
SFCs ~$200 shipped

You sure?
Old 03-16-2008, 10:07 PM
Offset Is Everything.

If I wake up to the smell of burning rubber I am a happy man.

Konis (came with car)
FSTB (came with car)
Eibachs $100 shipped
RSB $120 shipped
wheels $400 picked up for 2 sets
LTBII $70 guilted the ex into picking it up
SFCs ~$200 shipped

You sure?
well how much you pay for the car? THATS the difference. BURN.