Tires and Wheels Rubber, and lots of rubber in all kinds of sizes. What do you use when it's freezing? What do you use when it's hot? You want sticky rubbers? How about rubbers that will last a long time? Find your perfect rubber in here.

question after alingment

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2010, 04:02 PM

question after alingment

just got my alignment done. and the tech told me that i need a camber kit (even though i'm not dropped). he said my inner tie rod needs to be replaced and lower control arm on passanger side needs to be replaced. does that play role in my camber being off? it's only off by -0.5 on the front left and -0.7 of the front right. im not genious at looking at alignment report. so if there is something you see that is off or anything you can tell me about this report then please pitch in.

i took a picture of this report with my camera since my scanner isn't working. but you're able to see the numbers

Old 12-21-2010, 05:55 AM

What did he say is wrong with the tie rod and LCA. If they are bent or such yes it will make the alignment off and hard to get the correct numbers. The tie rod adjustment will affect you toe and the LCA is damaged can affect either camber or caster depending on how its damaged. Camber is the angle the top of the tire leans from vertical. If the tire leans out on the top you have + Camber, if it leans into the car you have - camber. If the LCA is damaged it probably will mess with all (toe, camber, caster) adjustment #s. Looks liker the toe was off a bit but he got you back to normal ranges.

Looking at that spec sheet im assuming the ones with the 2 pen marks are the concern. Camber for left states -0.5 which is in the accepted range between min and max (-1.0 - 0.5) and the same for the right -0.7 which is in between -1.0 - 0.5 as well....

Here is some good reading.
http://www.aa1car.com/library/wheel_alignment.htm