Tires and Wheels Rubber, and lots of rubber in all kinds of sizes. What do you use when it's freezing? What do you use when it's hot? You want sticky rubbers? How about rubbers that will last a long time? Find your perfect rubber in here.

Did I just get free tires?

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2014, 02:51 PM

Did I just get free tires?

So I had my first experience buying through Tirerack this past week. I tried finding prices locally but they were outrageous and were for the cheap tires, so I ended up saving more money buying better tires through Tirerack. I used paypal to process the transaction, and checked and saw it was marked pending. I kept checking back and each time it was still marked pending.

Just checked, and now it's gone. It's not on my account anywhere, not pending or anything. Since I was new to this, I thought maybe the tire place was going to bill me for it (Though I didn't think it worked like this). Of course they did not, so I've paid for the tires to be mounted. So did they screw up somehow and give me free tires?

I know ethically one should report this to them, but OTOH why should it be my responsibility that they screwed up the order and didn't take my money out like they were supposed to? Is it possible Paypal screwed something up and they covered the transaction for me? I feel like something should have contacted me if there were any issues, and all my contact info is current. Both Tirerack and Paypal have my contact info and I've received no notices of any kind.

Anyone else care to weigh in? Anyone had similar experiences with any kind of online purchase, or with Tirerack and Paypal? I don't want them contacting me thinking I didn't pay, but I went through their order process without any issues. Just as an open thing, shouldn't it be the business's responsibility to ensure payment is received?
Old 04-10-2014, 07:26 AM

Wait till you actually have everything.
It may just be processing right now.
Old 04-10-2014, 07:37 AM
Got Retrofit?

Same thing happened with my carbon fiber trunk. It was later processed and showed back up in PayPal.
Old 04-10-2014, 10:47 AM
Ad·min·is·tra·tor

don't worry...they will get their money.
tirerack is not in the business to hand out free tires.
Old 07-08-2014, 06:00 PM

I have similar experience with 4wheelonline. Ordered 1 set of tires and kept waiting for a successful transaction. To make the story short. Yes I got it for free and they even apologize for the incident. Thumbs up to them!