Tires and Wheels Rubber, and lots of rubber in all kinds of sizes. What do you use when it's freezing? What do you use when it's hot? You want sticky rubbers? How about rubbers that will last a long time? Find your perfect rubber in here.

best tire shine

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2014, 12:08 PM

best tire shine

I have always used otc products and thought I found the holy grail w turtle wax black tire coat. .about 13 bucks and worth every penny. My rear wheels lasted a good three months but I buy year round unlimited car wash packages and the tire brush part can not b turned off and ends up chiping it off in the front. So naturally I just kept applying more. This stuff reminds me of the clear my girl gets on her nails. It was too shiny for me at first but I got so many compliments it changed my mind.
Super durable and shine like u dipped them in oil yet dry to the touch and almost like painted on real clear coat but just my car wash destroys the fronts and because I just kept applying it took me like three hours of power washing and scrubbing to get the multiple coats off.
So I looked online and realized wow there are hundreds of other non otc products. Perl ...chem bros..etc etc etc. I have been looking for days now on youtube lol but thr more I look the more confused I get lol.
What do u guys use? Keep in mind I cant use a "clear coat" paint on kind because car wash makes it chip. The reg spray kind works better cause I can just reapply w out worrying apart too many coats or chips. Thanks in advance to any that can help
Old 04-29-2014, 12:33 PM

subscribed for the info. I just washed my car and noticed the tires need moar black.
Old 04-29-2014, 02:52 PM

I use ammo nyc car care products. http://www.ammonyc.com/shop-overview/
You should watch his videos also on youtube. Just type Larry Kosilla, that is the owner of the company or type ammo nyc. I hope that helps. I use his tire product called "ammo mud tire gel." It is a water based product so it wont dry out your rudder like a solvent tire shine does. Since it is a gel and water based there won't be any sling after you apply the product and drive. Sure solvent based dressing have extreme shine but at a lot greater cost. You will have sling all down the car and it dries out your rudder.
Old 04-29-2014, 06:33 PM

I use ArmorAll "Extreme Tire Shine" gel. It gives that wet look without a mess. Its lasts at least 2 weeks.
Old 04-29-2014, 07:16 PM

Ardex Ult-Dress or Ardex Ult-Dress RTU.
Old 05-01-2014, 09:53 PM

Jet Wet, AutoZone has it, Great stuff, not messy, sticks and stays
Old 05-03-2014, 08:57 PM

I haven't found ANYTHING yet that doesn't sling all down the side of my car and provide a high shine at the same time except stoner brand tire shine. Aerosol non water based and will not sling. Resists water from washes and rain very well
Old 05-11-2014, 10:18 AM

I clean my tires, rub them with a black shoe polish/ water mix then use Armor all extreme tire shine. The results are always deep black with bright shine

Old 05-11-2014, 02:29 PM

Anyone know a good tire shine that does not turn the tire a diff color? Was using the Black Magic Tire Shine & noticed after a while that the wheel was turning color where I sprayed to a rusty color. It's not in your face noticeable but when you look close you see the rust/brown color. Any suggestions?
Old 05-11-2014, 03:30 PM

Originally Posted by The Duke of NY
Anyone know a good tire shine that does not turn the tire a diff color? Was using the Black Magic Tire Shine & noticed after a while that the wheel was turning color where I sprayed to a rusty color. It's not in your face noticeable but when you look close you see the rust/brown color. Any suggestions?
That rust/brown should be brake dust stuck to it.
Old 05-22-2014, 11:17 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Has anyone seen the new "Wipe New" for tires. Wipe New is that tv ad product they show applying it on your headlights that takes away the dinge film look and theyre like new again. Well they have one for tires now and supposed to last through 100 car washes etc..

Anyone tried it? It sounds good but im skeptical of ALL infomercials. I already tried Flex-Seal when it finally made it to stores and it worked, somewhat. Dang gutter steal leaks a good bit
Old 08-02-2014, 05:40 PM

I use meguiars tire gel but it slings down the side. It lasts a long time though. Some of you have mentioned water based gels. How do they withstand as good or better than a silicone based gel? Just wondering. I'm one of those that still likes the look of shiny tires on a clean car so I'm definitely interested in your responses.
Old 08-10-2014, 04:32 PM

I use Melaleuca's Rustic Touch Furniture Polish. It's just lemon oil, mostly. It stays even after rains. Not too glossy, no sling at all. Even if you accidentally spray some on your fender, it simply gives it a good polish.
Old 09-06-2014, 12:27 AM

Originally Posted by NightRider
I use Melaleuca's Rustic Touch Furniture Polish. It's just lemon oil, mostly. It stays even after rains. Not too glossy, no sling at all. Even if you accidentally spray some on your fender, it simply gives it a good polish.
Seriously?
Old 11-07-2014, 09:47 AM

https://www.turtlewax.com/shop/produ...-tire-coat-kit

i just used this, and tires are looking great and shiny and the same the day i put it on 3 weeks later.