4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Car Stalling Randomly

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2014, 07:10 AM

Originally Posted by dcardello
So far it seems like I should:

1) clean throttle body
2) clean IACV
3) clean EGR?
4) check MAF connections, replace MAF
. . .

I'm definitely a beginner, but am willing to dive in to make this car run smoothly!
Try ceaning the MAF first of course, and also change your fuel filter, i would even check your fuel pump pressure. and maybe consider checking fuel pressure regulator..good luck

Last edited by max-nutcase; 10-22-2014 at 07:14 AM.
Old 10-15-2021, 02:52 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Just joined here and this seems tobe a really old post and I'm not seeing anything as far as a fix .. I've owned4th gen, 6th gen and 2 7th gen . Love the 7th gen body .. anyway both my 7th gene had this very problem with a couple added behaviours and it wasn't untill having to pay 11 hundred bucks for a tow that got me determined to find the cause ..after going over it and over it and over it again that I decided to go with my original thoughts on what I suspected it to be and flustered to the top , I got out of bed one nite and started dismantling the car from the out side in and what I did was unbolted every ground I found I sprayed them all with a corrosion cleaner and protector , I then cleaned all the constant areas with a dye grinder making sure I got to shinny new metal and bolted them all back in place , next morning I went and bought like 25 feet of mister cable you run amps with had a double post battery where I come off with a second ground hit the strut mount to the front of the car back too the other strut mount through the fire wall under the carpet grounding it out about every foot and a half until I reached the trunk were I placed a second battery after all that I inspected the alternator and found the plug being so close to the manifold wasn't in the best of shape so I replaced that and rapped it in header tape to deflect heat button everything back up and never had the problem again until the one I have now that I done almost the exact same thing and it hasn't done it again and the heat does play apart in this , I believe with all the electronic in the MAX that with everything sending and receiving signal that the ECM would heat up starving for a ground . Weather that's the case or not in making sure it was well grounded the problem was fixed I also gained like 6 hp out of it much better response at the pedal ,shift points couldn't get any better.. head lights brighter .. don't know if this helps anyone but I would have paid for that information at one time ..