Rear Speaker Amp Fix? Or I'll Buy Yours! Bose Sigma 975 Rear - Maxima Forums

Go Back   Maxima Forums > Maxima Discussions > 4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999)
Search


4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Rear Speaker Amp Fix? Or I'll Buy Yours! Bose Sigma 975 Rear

Reply
 
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-20-2009, 05:52 PM   #1
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Miami
iTrader: (0)
Posts: 125
SPER
Rear Speaker Amp Fix? Or I'll Buy Yours! Bose Sigma 975 Rear

So I finally got around to taking out the rear seats and changing my back speakers. And I realized that one of the speakers wasn't even connected (I've never noticed this) I hooked up the new speakers and even when theres no volume I hear a high pitch noise. I know that its not the speakers because I tested 4 diff speakers and they all do the same thing. And I know that its the Amp because I tested both amps on both sides and switched them back and forth to be sure.

So I took the amp out, and noticed is says SIGMA 975 on it. Does anyone know what can be wrong? If there is a fix for this? OR if you have one or know of someone who has one and would like to sell it? Anything will help, thank you..

PS: I'll post a couple pics for reference.
SPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 06:14 PM   #2
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Miami
iTrader: (0)
Posts: 125
SPER
Click the image to open in full size.

Click the image to open in full size.

Click the image to open in full size.

After looking at the circuitry it looks like the orange gooey stuff melted all of the place. I have no idea if this can cause the problem because I haven't seen the circuitboard of the other amp. So if anyone sees anything wrong please tell me. OR if you have an amp from your rear deck PM ME.
SPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 06:27 PM   #3
The Dirty Pearl
 
pmohr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Clinton, TN
iTrader: (26)
Posts: 14,333
The 'orange gooey stuff' is not conductive. It's likely there purely for vibration relief.

I don't see anything obviously wrong.

Have you posted a thread in the classifieds? If you want to buy one, that's the place to be.
__________________
A32 CEL Decoder | FSMs | Howto Videos
pmohr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 06:27 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
iTrader: (2)
Posts: 3,499
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPER View Post
After looking at the circuitry it looks like the orange gooey stuff melted all of the place. I have no idea if this can cause the problem because I haven't seen the circuitboard of the other amp. So if anyone sees anything wrong please tell me. OR if you have an amp from your rear deck PM ME.
orange stuff is supposed to be there it keeps vibration down to to components.. swap the other amp from the rear and see if that helps...
__________________
f550maranello2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 06:30 PM   #5
The Dirty Pearl
 
pmohr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Clinton, TN
iTrader: (26)
Posts: 14,333
Quote:
Originally Posted by f550maranello2 View Post
orange stuff is supposed to be there it keeps vibration down to to components.. swap the other amp from the rear and see if that helps...
As in the first post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPER View Post
So I finally got around to taking out the rear seats and changing my back speakers. And I realized that one of the speakers wasn't even connected (I've never noticed this) I hooked up the new speakers and even when theres no volume I hear a high pitch noise. I know that its not the speakers because I tested 4 diff speakers and they all do the same thing. And I know that its the Amp because I tested both amps on both sides and switched them back and forth to be sure.
__________________
A32 CEL Decoder | FSMs | Howto Videos
pmohr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 06:34 PM   #6
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Miami
iTrader: (0)
Posts: 125
SPER
thanks pmohr for saving me a half hour of trying to pick that crap off. I'll go make a thread in the classifieds but in the meantime, any help on this is appreciated.
SPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 07:19 PM   #7
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Miami
iTrader: (0)
Posts: 125
SPER
I just bought one from Maxima_Joe, I'll see how it turns out.
SPER is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
CA Rear view mirror w/compass and homelink Huttig2009 5th Generation Classifieds (2000-2003) 8 09-25-2015 04:31 PM
VA 2001 Canadian SE 20A homeyclaus Maximas for Sale / Wanted 1 09-03-2015 07:15 PM
ID 4 Bose door speakers MikesChevelle Audio/Video/Electronics 0 08-23-2015 02:00 PM
help me to change sound system Abdelrhman 7th Generation Maxima (2009-2015) 0 08-17-2015 01:16 PM
Rear Deck Speakers Mcnabb34 7th Generation Maxima (2009-2015) 6 08-11-2015 09:45 PM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:24 AM.


Maxima.org Forums Home Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Frequently Asked Questions on the Forums Search Find other members Registration is free! Support Maxima.org! Receive perks and benefits by donating to Maxima.org Questions? Comments?  Suggestions? Contact Us! Visit our Sponsors View and submit Maxima events Log Out of Maxima.org