Go Back   Maxima Forums > Maxima Discussions > 5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003)
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Register Photos FAQ Timeslips Members Parts Guide Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read ExperienceUsed CarsGarageVendor Directory
Search

5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Welcome to Maxima.org!
Welcome to Maxima.org,

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to start new topics, reply to conversations, privately message other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join Maxima.org today!


Reply
 
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07-08-2001, 11:35 PM   #1
RBa
Senior Member

 
Join Date: Jan 2001
iTrader: (2)
Posts: 4,503
Points: 18,337, Level: 85
Points: 18,337, Level: 85 Points: 18,337, Level: 85 Points: 18,337, Level: 85
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
So does anyone know?
RBa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2001, 12:09 AM   #2
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
iTrader: (3)
Posts: 1,614
I've pondered this myself.

GXE = i dunno
SE = Sport Edition
GLE = General(?), Grand(?) Luxury Edition

__________________

Visit us at http://forums.maximage.org
Maximum Velocity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2001, 03:32 AM   #3
lymby
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
GXE is extended edition
GLE is luxury edition
SE is sports edition

The "G" I don't know what that stands for.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2001, 03:34 AM   #4
Senior Member

 
Join Date: May 2001
iTrader: (1)
Posts: 1,663
Points: 13,096, Level: 74
Points: 13,096, Level: 74 Points: 13,096, Level: 74 Points: 13,096, Level: 74
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Send a message via AIM to AdamK
This is probably wrong but it could be like with Hondas...

DX(Honda)=GXE(Nissan)=Delux

SE=Plain ol' Sport Edition

LX(Honda)=GLE(Nissan)=Luxery
__________________
AdamK
AdamK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2001, 03:41 AM   #5
lymby
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
how about infinti

I-35 the "I" must be for Infiniti but
Q-45 what does the "Q" stand for.

VW-
GL- standard or
GLS- mid-standard
GLX- Luxury
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2001, 06:23 AM   #6
Senior Member

 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Westchester County, NY
iTrader: (0)
Posts: 8,766
Points: 17,075, Level: 83
Points: 17,075, Level: 83 Points: 17,075, Level: 83 Points: 17,075, Level: 83
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
www.facebook.com/gregaddison
They have no actual meaning. Most manufacturers trim level designations don't mean anything by themselves, unless we are talking engine size. The engine size is usually in the model number, i.e. Q45, I35, G20, but the letters don't mean anything by themselves. There is a general exception to this however. An X at the end of a model designation, usually means 4WD.
__________________
AMOC #1|SMC #100|sx7r Performance #100
Sonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2001, 08:35 AM   #7
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
iTrader: (0)
Posts: 445
Quote:
Originally posted by medicsonic
They have no actual meaning. Most manufacturers trim level designations don't mean anything by themselves, unless we are talking engine size.
I wouldn't say that. The SE stands for Sport Edition -- even Nissan's website says that. The XE/GXE/GLE designations are a little more cryptic, but probably mean something. 'E' probably is always for Edition. The 'L' in GLE is almost certainly for Luxury, but who knows for the 'X' and 'G'.

The GM ones make more sense: SE = Standard Edition, GT = Grand Touring, SS = Super Sport, etc. I actually had one guy with a Grand Am GT comment to me at an autox that my Altima (SE) did pretty good for the base model. I had to explain that SE meant Sport, not Standard like on Pontiacs.
__________________
'03 G35 Coupe 6-sp
'02 Maxima SE auto

Creature is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2001, 08:51 AM   #8
Senior Member

 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Westchester County, NY
iTrader: (0)
Posts: 8,766
Points: 17,075, Level: 83
Points: 17,075, Level: 83 Points: 17,075, Level: 83 Points: 17,075, Level: 83
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
www.facebook.com/gregaddison
Creature, you just proved my point. They model designations don't make any sense. So, yes, SE stands for Sports Edition as per Nissan, but why wouldn't they tell you what GLE or GXE stand for? Because they don't stand for ANYTHING. Car manufacturers these days are running out of original model designations, so they throw letters around. The letters don't mean anything, in general.

Some that don't make sense. GXE, GLE, GTP, SEL, SSEi, GL, SH, HX, CX, CE, DL, DX, LX, RS, TL, ES....
Sonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2001, 05:42 PM   #9
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
iTrader: (0)
Posts: 778
Quote:
Originally posted by medicsonic

Some that don't make sense. GXE, GLE, GTP, SEL, SSEi, GL, SH, HX, CX, CE, DL, DX, LX, RS, TL, ES....
Umm, actually GTP and SSEi do stand for something, the pontiac Grand Prix GTP Stands for Grand Touring Performance and the ssei is the bonneville Super Sport Edition (something - i fporget what the i is but it does have a meaning).

And as for the rest:
GXE = Grand Xtra Engine
SE = Sporty Engine
GLE = Grand Luxo Engine

wioth the Maxima it always comes back to the engine...
__________________
Ironlord
Delta Delta Chapter of Pi Kappa Phi
America's Leading Fraternity
Truman State University

2001 Super Black Nissan Maxima GXE autoMAGIK - SMC #18
15.511 @ 91.55 2.404 60'/ best 60' 2.364 (Pre Y-pipe, Timing Advance)

Budget Y, Berk Intake, Flowmaster 50-series, G-Grounding System, Addco RSB, Frankencar midpipe, Custommaxima FSTB
Ironlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2001, 06:03 PM   #10
Senior Member

 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Westchester County, NY
iTrader: (0)
Posts: 8,766
Points: 17,075, Level: 83
Points: 17,075, Level: 83 Points: 17,075, Level: 83 Points: 17,075, Level: 83
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
www.facebook.com/gregaddison
Quote:
Originally posted by Ironlord


Umm, actually GTP and SSEi do stand for something, the pontiac Grand Prix GTP Stands for Grand Touring Performance and the ssei is the bonneville Super Sport Edition (something - i fporget what the i is but it does have a meaning).

And as for the rest:
GXE = Grand Xtra Engine
SE = Sporty Engine
GLE = Grand Luxo Engine

wioth the Maxima it always comes back to the engine...
Uh, nice try with that. Grand Xtra Engine
Sonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2001, 11:35 PM   #11
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
iTrader: (3)
Posts: 1,614
Quote:
Originally posted by AdamK
This is probably wrong but it could be like with Hondas...

DX(Honda)=GXE(Nissan)=Delux

SE=Plain ol' Sport Edition

LX(Honda)=GLE(Nissan)=Luxery
What about the EX though...isn't that Honda's top edition?
__________________

Visit us at http://forums.maximage.org
Maximum Velocity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2001, 12:22 AM   #12
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
iTrader: (0)
Posts: 753
Send a message via ICQ to DooBall Send a message via AIM to DooBall
i thought it was grand luxury edition (GLE)
__________________

Performance:
Stillen Hi-Flow intake
Suspension:
Stillen front strut tower brace, Stillen rear sway bar, Tokico shocks on H&R springs
Exterior:
Konig Rated-R (17x7) on Sumitomo HTR-Z's
DooBall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2001, 12:34 AM   #13
Senior Member

 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: S O C A L
iTrader: (11)
Posts: 3,679
Points: 14,924, Level: 79
Points: 14,924, Level: 79 Points: 14,924, Level: 79 Points: 14,924, Level: 79
Activity: 3.8%
Activity: 3.8% Activity: 3.8% Activity: 3.8%
i think outta all these alphanumeric names i like BMWs the best. higher the number, the better/more expensive the car. although i dont get how they get the numbers and why theyre all odd...
__________________

1998 Nissan Maxima SE (sold ) | 2010 Infiniti EX35 | 2002 Chevy Tahoe LT 4x4 | 1999 Infiniti Q45 (sold) | 2003 Infiniti I35 (sold)
Ludacris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2001, 09:11 AM   #14
Supporting Maxima.org Member
 
Magellan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
iTrader: (0)
Posts: 582

The real breakdown of the letter designations:

GXE = Good but Expensive Edition - When you discover that it’s quite costly to upgrade to all that GLE standard equipment you now want.

SE = Snob Edition - That rear spoiler lets everyone think you’re a real car enthusiast on his way to the track.

GLE = Grand Letdown Edition - When you find out that a less expensive GXE would have performed the same.
__________________
2008 Infiniti G37 Coupe - Blue Slate, Auto, Nav, Premium Package
Magellan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2001, 09:15 AM   #15
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
iTrader: (0)
Posts: 605
It's all thought up by psychologists...they was to make you think of sex. Why else would they put S and X in every models names. You never see the Nissan Altima KL, or the Ford Explorer RFT
__________________
2000 Maxima SE -Grey Lustre
-Drop in K&N
-Stillen FSTB
-Stillen RSB
bcannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2001, 09:27 AM   #16
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
iTrader: (14)
Posts: 2,304
Send a message via AIM to Nick97SE
I always thought it was this...

GXE = Grand(?) Base Edition
SE = Sport Edition
GLE = Grand(?) Luxury Edition

I think X represents Base because it doesn't sound good if it was GBE!

I could be wrong!

-Nick
__________________


2005 Regal Blue Pearl Subaru Legacy GT-Limited 5MT
Sold: 1997 Deep Evergreen Nissan Maxima SE Auto


*Click the above pictures to visit the corresponding vehicle's CarDomain page*
Nick97SE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2001, 09:30 AM   #17
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
iTrader: (0)
Posts: 445
Quote:
Originally posted by medicsonic
Creature, you just proved my point. They model designations don't make any sense. So, yes, SE stands for Sports Edition as per Nissan, but why wouldn't they tell you what GLE or GXE stand for? Because they don't stand for ANYTHING. Car manufacturers these days are running out of original model designations, so they throw letters around. The letters don't mean anything, in general.

Some that don't make sense. GXE, GLE, GTP, SEL, SSEi, GL, SH, HX, CX, CE, DL, DX, LX, RS, TL, ES....
I wouldn't say they're running out of letter combinations. I mean, the Nissan ones have been around 15-20 years now. I admitted in my post that some of the letters are a mystery to us, but I do imagine that they mean something to the car companies, and that they didn't just start pulling letters out of a hat. Most of those are from Japanese companies, so the letters may come from their loose translation to English of what they call the model there.

As stated, GTP is Grand Touring Performance, SEL (actually SE-L) is Sport Edition Limited, the lower-case "i" after many of them (SSEi, LXi, Si, 325i) is a carry-over from when they started producing models with fuel-injection back in the 80's, HX is for High-efficiency (it's the high-mpg Civic 3-dr), CX is for Continuously-variable (it's the Civic with the CVT), RS is Rally Sport (in the case of the Impreza), TL is Touring Luxury. The rest I'd be guessing.

I do agree that most of them are cryptic and don't mean anything to the general public (aside from identifying trim levels) but I have to believe they mean something somewhere.
__________________
'03 G35 Coupe 6-sp
'02 Maxima SE auto

Creature is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2001, 09:40 AM   #18
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
iTrader: (0)
Posts: 445
Quote:
Originally posted by bcannon
It's all thought up by psychologists...they was to make you think of sex. Why else would they put S and X in every models names. You never see the Nissan Altima KL, or the Ford Explorer RFT
Hehe ... wouldn't it be cool if Nissan added an AWD option for the SE model ... we-d have the Maxima SE-X!
__________________
'03 G35 Coupe 6-sp
'02 Maxima SE auto

Creature is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2001, 01:15 PM   #19
Senior Member

 
Join Date: Jan 2001
iTrader: (0)
Posts: 1,362
Points: 10,333, Level: 67
Points: 10,333, Level: 67 Points: 10,333, Level: 67 Points: 10,333, Level: 67
Activity: 0.2%
Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2%
The first number is the model line (3 = small, 5 = medium, 7 = large) and the remaining 2 numbers are engine displacement. 28 = 2.8L, 40 = 4.0L So we all want an M350

Quote:
Originally posted by Ludacris
i think outta all these alphanumeric names i like BMWs the best. higher the number, the better/more expensive the car. although i dont get how they get the numbers and why theyre all odd...
__________________
Speed kills. Save Lives. Drive a Honda!
---
2000 SE manual, Icelandic Pearl.
Montreal, Canada
bert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2001, 02:07 PM   #20
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
iTrader: (0)
Posts: 1,141
dont let Cheston see this thread, he is very sensetive when seeing GXE and SE on the same sentence.

BTW, Cheston, if you see this, we all know GXE is way better than SE! :rolleye:
LoveSick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2001, 02:11 PM   #21
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: sarasota FL
iTrader: (6)
Posts: 4,287
Send a message via MSN to Loe max
Quote:
Originally posted by medicsonic
Creature, you just proved my point. They model designations don't make any sense. So, yes, SE stands for Sports Edition as per Nissan, but why wouldn't they tell you what GLE or GXE stand for? Because they don't stand for ANYTHING. Car manufacturers these days are running out of original model designations, so they throw letters around. The letters don't mean anything, in general.

Some that don't make sense. GXE, GLE, GTP, SEL, SSEi, GL, SH, HX, CX, CE, DL, DX, LX, RS, TL, ES....
Some of them do mean something.

Lexus ES=executive sedan
Lexus GS=grand sedan
Lexus LS=luxury sedan
Lexus SC=sport coupe

Acura RL=road luxury
Acura TL=touring luxury
Acura CL=coupe luxury

Honda Accord DX=deluxe
Honda Accord SE=special edition

Toyota Camry DX=deluxe
Toyota Camry CE=classic edition

Chevy Cavalier RS=rally sport

Frankly, I don't care what they name it just as long as people don't mistake the model for something else.
__________________
-Loe-
2000 BMW 328Ci 5-speed (sold)
2004 BMW ///M3 SMG
2004 Audi S4 V8 6speed
Loe max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2001, 05:29 PM   #22
Senior Member

 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: S O C A L
iTrader: (11)
Posts: 3,679
Points: 14,924, Level: 79
Points: 14,924, Level: 79 Points: 14,924, Level: 79 Points: 14,924, Level: 79
Activity: 3.8%
Activity: 3.8% Activity: 3.8% Activity: 3.8%
didnt some people say RL could also have stood for "Renamed Legend"?

i think these are right...

CLK- Coupe/Convertible Luxury Kompressor
SLK- Sport(?) Luxury Kompressor
__________________

1998 Nissan Maxima SE (sold ) | 2010 Infiniti EX35 | 2002 Chevy Tahoe LT 4x4 | 1999 Infiniti Q45 (sold) | 2003 Infiniti I35 (sold)
Ludacris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2001, 06:31 PM   #23
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
iTrader: (0)
Posts: 29
Quote:
Originally posted by Ironlord


Umm, actually GTP and SSEi do stand for something, the pontiac Grand Prix GTP Stands for Grand Touring Performance and the ssei is the bonneville Super Sport Edition (something - i fporget what the i is but it does have a meaning).

And as for the rest:
GXE = Grand Xtra Engine
SE = Sporty Engine
GLE = Grand Luxo Engine

wioth the Maxima it always comes back to the engine...
The i in SSEi is for the supercharged (I don't know why they picked i). They have Bonneville SE, SLE, SSE, and the SSEi.
__________________
No Max yet, but soon...
Jim Maxima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2001, 06:33 PM   #24
Senior Member

 
Join Date: May 2001
iTrader: (1)
Posts: 1,663
Points: 13,096, Level: 74
Points: 13,096, Level: 74 Points: 13,096, Level: 74 Points: 13,096, Level: 74
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Send a message via AIM to AdamK
Quote:
Originally posted by Maximum Velocity


What about the EX though...isn't that Honda's top edition?
duyyyyyyyyeeeeeeee EX is Executive how could I have forgot
__________________
AdamK
AdamK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2001, 07:16 PM   #25
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2001
iTrader: (0)
Posts: 214
Quote:
Originally posted by Ludacris
didnt some people say RL could also have stood for "Renamed Legend"?
Actually, I think it stands for "Refined Legend"
stevepake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2001, 07:20 PM   #26
Senior Member

 
Join Date: Jan 2001
iTrader: (0)
Posts: 3,631
Points: 12,346, Level: 72
Points: 12,346, Level: 72 Points: 12,346, Level: 72 Points: 12,346, Level: 72
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Quote:
Originally posted by Ludacris
i think outta all these alphanumeric names i like BMWs the best. higher the number, the better/more expensive the car. although i dont get how they get the numbers and why theyre all odd...
they use to have a 6th series and a 8th series
__________________
350z VQ35HR
AznWontonboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2001, 07:25 PM   #27
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
iTrader: (0)
Posts: 29
Quote:
Originally posted by stevepake
Actually, I think it stands for "Refined Legend"
Actually it stands for rally luxury.
__________________
No Max yet, but soon...
Jim Maxima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2001, 07:32 PM   #28
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2001
iTrader: (0)
Posts: 214
Quote:
Originally posted by bert
The first number is the model line (3 = small, 5 = medium, 7 = large) and the remaining 2 numbers are engine displacement. 28 = 2.8L, 40 = 4.0L So we all want an M350
BMW screws around with the displacement numbers a bit.

The old 323i was still a 2.5L engine, but they left room for the 325i which was still a 2.5L I6, but with a higher performance intake and some other goodies to give it more power.

The 540i and 740i are actually not 4.0L V8's but rather 4.4L V8's. The 750i is actually a 5.4L V12 and not a 5.0L engine. I think in these cases the 40 or 50 numbers stands for a class of displacement - i.e. "4.0L class, or 4.x Liter" and 50 stands for a 5.x liter engine.

Mercedes is also a bit cryptic with their displacement designators. The current C240 is a 2.6L V8, and not a 2.4L engine. The "55"'s (CL55, CLK55, E55, and ML55) are really only 5.4L V8's. And the current 600's are really 5.8L V12's.

In this premium category, the even numbered displacements are more to define a "class" of performance or displacement rather than the actual displacement.

If you're paying $20-30k extra for the V12 in your Benz, would you rather have a cheapo odd-ball 580 designation or a much cooler 600 designation to set you apart from the wussies driving the mere 5.0L V8 with "only" 300HP!! bwahahaha!

My favorite is the old Mercedes-Benz 190E. It first had a 1.9L I4, but then they put a bigger 2.3L engine in it but it was still the same car so they called it a "190E 2.3" or a "190E 2.6" or whatever. I'm sure there's tons more history too.

Sometimes the names are cryptic and sometimes they're not, but it's usually "ballpark" heh heh
stevepake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2001, 08:19 PM   #29
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
iTrader: (0)
Posts: 778
Quote:
Originally posted by stevepake
BMW screws around with the displacement numbers a bit.

The old 323i was still a 2.5L engine, but they left room for the 325i which was still a 2.5L I6, but with a higher performance intake and some other goodies to give it more power.

The 540i and 740i are actually not 4.0L V8's but rather 4.4L V8's. The 750i is actually a 5.4L V12 and not a 5.0L engine. I think in these cases the 40 or 50 numbers stands for a class of displacement - i.e. "4.0L class, or 4.x Liter" and 50 stands for a 5.x liter engine.

Mercedes is also a bit cryptic with their displacement designators. The current C240 is a 2.6L V8, and not a 2.4L engine. The "55"'s (CL55, CLK55, E55, and ML55) are really only 5.4L V8's. And the current 600's are really 5.8L V12's.

In this premium category, the even numbered displacements are more to define a "class" of performance or displacement rather than the actual displacement.

If you're paying $20-30k extra for the V12 in your Benz, would you rather have a cheapo odd-ball 580 designation or a much cooler 600 designation to set you apart from the wussies driving the mere 5.0L V8 with "only" 300HP!! bwahahaha!

My favorite is the old Mercedes-Benz 190E. It first had a 1.9L I4, but then they put a bigger 2.3L engine in it but it was still the same car so they called it a "190E 2.3" or a "190E 2.6" or whatever. I'm sure there's tons more history too.

Sometimes the names are cryptic and sometimes they're not, but it's usually "ballpark" heh heh
Personally I like the old 5.0! As in the Ford Mustang 5.0L engine that was actually 4.9L. One of the most popular engines and designations and its wrong. Go figure -> Its a Ford.

Ford = Fix Or Repair Daily
__________________
Ironlord
Delta Delta Chapter of Pi Kappa Phi
America's Leading Fraternity
Truman State University

2001 Super Black Nissan Maxima GXE autoMAGIK - SMC #18
15.511 @ 91.55 2.404 60'/ best 60' 2.364 (Pre Y-pipe, Timing Advance)

Budget Y, Berk Intake, Flowmaster 50-series, G-Grounding System, Addco RSB, Frankencar midpipe, Custommaxima FSTB
Ironlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2001, 08:55 PM   #30
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2001
iTrader: (0)
Posts: 214
Quote:
Originally posted by Ironlord
Personally I like the old 5.0! As in the Ford Mustang 5.0L engine that was actually 4.9L. One of the most popular engines and designations and its wrong. Go figure -> Its a Ford. Ford = Fix Or Repair Daily
Really? :

I never knew that. Haha...even at 4.9L that poor old engine STILL couldn't manage to break the 50HP/L barrier.

bwahahaha!
stevepake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2001, 09:12 PM   #31
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: sarasota FL
iTrader: (6)
Posts: 4,287
Send a message via MSN to Loe max
RL=road luxury. Acura even has that on their old Acura RL ads.
__________________
-Loe-
2000 BMW 328Ci 5-speed (sold)
2004 BMW ///M3 SMG
2004 Audi S4 V8 6speed
Loe max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2001, 09:49 PM   #32
lymby
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally posted by bcannon
It's all thought up by psychologists...they was to make you think of sex. Why else would they put S and X in every models names. You never see the Nissan Altima KL, or the Ford Explorer RFT
I think BCANNON has a point. When you sit in the showroom deciding on which model to buy, you look at the brochure and listed right there next to each other are the SE model and the GLX model. The brain computes SE or GLX; SEX or GLX; SLX or GSE; then the brain gets all confused and you end up buying something boring like something that ends in CL or TL. But even Acura, they know that CL is a boring series, that is why they enhanced it by adding an 'S' to it.

How come they don't use the letter F,H,J,P like a JP series maxima, meaning 'J'ust 'P'erfect.

What do you think.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2001, 11:22 PM   #33
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
iTrader: (0)
Posts: 29
Quote:
Originally posted by Ironlord


Personally I like the old 5.0! As in the Ford Mustang 5.0L engine that was actually 4.9L. One of the most popular engines and designations and its wrong. Go figure -> Its a Ford.

Ford = Fix Or Repair Daily
Or you can say

Ford= Found On Road Dead
__________________
No Max yet, but soon...
Jim Maxima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2001, 11:22 PM
MaximaOrg
Nissan Maxima




Paid Advertisement
 
 
 
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


 




All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:20 AM.


Maxima.org Forums Home Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Frequently Asked Questions on the Forums Search Find other members Registration is free! Support Maxima.org! Receive perks and benefits by donating to Maxima.org Questions? Comments?  Suggestions? Contact Us! Visit our Sponsors View and submit Maxima events Log Out of Maxima.org
Emails Backup